blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:48:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8434 8435 8436 8437 [8438] 8439 8440 8441 8442 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13433886 times)
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #126555 on: March 18, 2017, 11:05:55 PM »

I'm not sure if this information is of any value, but I'll put it here in case any of our boxing shrewdies can make any use of it:

Was in Chorals this pm when a travelling person placed a £2000 win bet on Isaac Lowe in tonights fight (start approx 21:00). He was 6/5 in the shop but 11/8 readily avail online for this European Featherweight Title fight.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/01/ceylan-defends-european-title-lowe-march-18-aarhus/

I hope the link's worked, as I'm just using my phone for this

Technical draw due to an accidental cut in 4th round. Ceylan was ahead on all 3 cards at the time.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #126556 on: March 19, 2017, 12:04:52 AM »

Isaac looked like he was warming in to it in the 4th do you not think bazza?. also wasn't much of a cut off the clash of heads thought he would have carried on. looked to me as if he thought, that ll do me I keep belt and title if  I stop now.
4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #126557 on: March 19, 2017, 01:36:22 AM »

And the time traveller gets the £2k back as a voided (push) bet. Lucky, perhaps?
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #126558 on: March 19, 2017, 01:45:21 AM »

Joseph chops top England try scorer. I believe Fred had a tenner on with me. Will confirm winnings next time I am online at home and can hold for future Paddy bets or send to tikay.

returns 40 quid from tenner bet at 7/1 - dead heat rules apply.
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #126559 on: March 19, 2017, 02:10:23 AM »

And the time traveller gets the £2k back as a voided (push) bet. Lucky, perhaps?

It's not so lucky and he'll be raging at it being settled as a draw, albeit a technical draw. Common sense says the bet should be a push but there's no such loophole in the bookies rulebook.
engy

View Profile
« Reply #126560 on: March 19, 2017, 06:01:40 AM »

sky have refunded my bets on Isaac, says void
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #126561 on: March 19, 2017, 06:55:32 AM »

sky have refunded my bets on Isaac, says void

Good good, you've got me checking t&c's now. In the rare spot this happens-

Next door and Hills clearly state void, most others say draw, and Coral's rules are amibious enough that Mr Traveller will go back and kick up a fuss.
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #126562 on: March 19, 2017, 08:11:35 AM »

Lions go 3 - 1 after smashing the Reds in Jo'burg.

Plenty of gas from Courtnall Skosan for his third try.

Forgot to put up the Womens Golf this week. Been a bit of a birdie fest. Nordqvist on -21 after three rounds. Stacy Lewis T2 on -19 with Jutanugarn. You can get 9/2 Lewis in a few spots. Quite fancy her to go low today. Suggest £50 on the nose.

http://www.lpga.com/videos/stacy-lewis-rd3-interview-at-the-2017-bank-of-hope-founders-cup#ooid=BwdDhlYTE690FeIbRdqpW7qqHn8scjr0

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126563 on: March 19, 2017, 11:23:29 AM »

Forgot to put up the Womens Golf this week. Been a bit of a birdie fest. Nordqvist on -21 after three rounds. Stacy Lewis T2 on -19 with Jutanugarn. You can get 9/2 Lewis in a few spots. Quite fancy her to go low today. Suggest £50 on the nose.

http://www.lpga.com/videos/stacy-lewis-rd3-interview-at-the-2017-bank-of-hope-founders-cup#ooid=BwdDhlYTE690FeIbRdqpW7qqHn8scjr0

Stacy Lewis Bank of Hope Founders Cup Winner
9/2
Total Stake: £50.00
Potential Returns: £275.00

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126564 on: March 19, 2017, 11:47:19 AM »

couple of quick updates

Burton were leading Brentford 3-1 yesterday and lost 5-3

other results (Blackburn are picking up a bit, Bristol C won on friday) mean that with 8 games to go Burton are one place and one point above the relegation zone

we have chunky bets on them to be relegated and a in a double where the related part has already won

--

Fleetwood's form is slipping. drew 0-0 at home to the superwomble's yesterday and my correspondent on the spot said "wouldn't have scored if they were still playing now"

now 3rd, behind sheff u and bolton, and 2 points above 4th as the fight for that e/w place tightens

My eyes are open wide
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #126565 on: March 19, 2017, 12:07:30 PM »

The new F1 season kicks off next weekend, and I'll be looking to post my bets for the first race of the season (Australian GP) during the middle of next week.

In terms of the drivers and constructors championships, there isn't any value out there that I can see, with the exception of Valtteri Bottas for the title at anything over 4/1 (current best price is 31/5). I feel like the bookies are seriously under-estimating his talent. Although I do expect Lewis to have the upper hand in the first 3/4 races. Having said that, I'd previously suggested Bottas at various prices (best: 33/1) before he got the Mercedes drive anyway, so I suspect a lot of you are already on it. If he does go on to take the title, I net a nice £5k profit or so Smiley I don't think the thread is on Valtteri for whatever reason, I'd strongly recommend a large bet. £100? Not sure if TFT wants to tie up the money for that long or not.

http://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-one/drivers-championship

The season match bet markets are also well priced and I have nothing to recommend there. I will however be doing my standard accumulator in this market (picking the driver I think will come out on top in every team) - but that's just for a bit of fun really.

For those who have SkyBet, and don't mind the bets with multiple "legs" (I know it's generally frowned upon as it doesn't represent value), there are some things I would recommend:

- Hamilton to win the title by 80+ points, win 11 or more races & be classified in 16 or more races @ 4/1.
- Hamilton to win the title, Red Bull to beat Ferrari in the Constructors & Renault to beat McLaren in the Constructors @ 5/1.
- McLaren to finish last in the constructors @ 12/1.

I'm also going to be requesting some odds on various different scenarios, will keep you in the loop on that.

Unfortunately, the spread season points bets aren't up yet. I'll keep a look out.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126566 on: March 19, 2017, 12:16:50 PM »

hello

we are on Vettel at good prices and the suggestion is £100+ on Bottas

doing both would create a strong "anti Hamilton" position,by default

how do we rationalise that with two of your three "specials" bets featuring Hamilton to win it,and one for him to win 11+ races and the title by more than 80 points?

My eyes are open wide
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #126567 on: March 19, 2017, 12:39:38 PM »

hello

we are on Vettel at good prices and the suggestion is £100+ on Bottas

doing both would create a strong "anti Hamilton" position,by default

how do we rationalise that with two of your three "specials" bets featuring Hamilton to win it,and one for him to win 11+ races and the title by more than 80 points?

I don't think, or expect, Hamilton to win the title in 2017. However, for those two bets in particular, I felt that 4/1 & 5/1 represented a good price. As I mentioned, I'm aware those bets with multiple scenario's aren't really value - and they were not formal suggestions I suppose, just bets I have placed. I've put up multiple scenario bets in the past and been shouted down quite heavily so there is a reluctance there.

In addition, the Vettel bet was not my suggestion and I don't personally think that was a value spot which lessens the "anti Hamilton" position in my eyes.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126568 on: March 19, 2017, 01:16:42 PM »

ok this look ok for you?

Valtteri Bottas Formula One Drivers Championship
£100.00 @ 7.17
Total Stake: £100.00
Potential Returns: £716.86

not placing the previous Bottas bet was down to me. not deliberate but i missed a couple of days along the way when the prices were there pre his appointment

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #126569 on: March 19, 2017, 01:20:47 PM »

Joseph chops top England try scorer. I believe Fred had a tenner on with me. Will confirm winnings next time I am online at home and can hold for future Paddy bets or send to tikay.

returns 40 quid from tenner bet at 7/1 - dead heat rules apply.

confirmed yes. He had a poor game yesterday in an poor England performance but a profit is a profit

top championship try scorer was an 8 way dead heat! Liam Williams at 28-1 didn't get a shot at getting the try to scoop yesterday by d/h'ed

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 8434 8435 8436 8437 [8438] 8439 8440 8441 8442 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: