blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 11:42:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8614 8615 8616 8617 [8618] 8619 8620 8621 8622 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13440630 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #129255 on: July 22, 2017, 09:12:08 PM »

Sorry to say Wade and Smith both out of the darts at the first hurdle!  Me and lildave need sacking!  Wade looked like he was going to choke on stage.  He couldn't stop coughing and walked off the stage at 10-10 and sudden death.  No idea what was up with him.

Anderson hasn't thrown a dart for a week, suffering from jet lag from China and Vegas per his pre match interview.  Not ideal.  Playing like it as well.  He really sounds like he hates playing darts at times, practicing and the travelling.  Sounds like he would rather be doing a minimum wage job.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 09:27:43 PM by arbboy » Logged
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #129256 on: July 23, 2017, 12:22:06 AM »

Some preliminary thoughts on the Open this week and my early bullets.

Stenson @30-1. Last years champ and tied 3rd last time at RB. Talking down his chances after this weekend, but looks a big price with the rest factored in.

Ryan Fox @250-1. Took a bit of this on Saturday, as he is playing as consistently well over the last few weeks as anyone on the Euro Tour atm. Made some proper mistakes yesterday, but kept coming straight back, and didnt let his head drop. Could be a lively outsider.

As a horses for courses merchant, i cant believe I am forcing myself to have my first ever bet on Harrington, but again at 66s I would feel a bit daft if he played well as a C&D man, who is in form. The 11/4 as Top Irish looks good too as we have a bad fav with Rory in a poor place at the moment, despite his positive press chats.

Casey is just a Top Ten backers dream in majors, and he played Birkdale well last time, despite a dreadful 78 to start. i think he is a better player now and 40s could be an ew play to nothing for a player who was T7 LTO at RB. He also looks a steal at 10-1 for Top GB paying 4 places.

Every Open needs to have a few quid at the under achieving yank, and this time im plumping for big Tony Finau.

Finally, I also cant help feeling i should top up on Rahm, even at almost 7 time the price less than we have in the vault. He could still be value.

Not recommendations at this point, but just helping to get the debate started.

Not just me that picks the odd plum or two then Wink

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #129257 on: July 23, 2017, 06:10:53 AM »

Some preliminary thoughts on the Open this week and my early bullets.

Stenson @30-1. Last years champ and tied 3rd last time at RB. Talking down his chances after this weekend, but looks a big price with the rest factored in.

Ryan Fox @250-1. Took a bit of this on Saturday, as he is playing as consistently well over the last few weeks as anyone on the Euro Tour atm. Made some proper mistakes yesterday, but kept coming straight back, and didnt let his head drop. Could be a lively outsider.

As a horses for courses merchant, i cant believe I am forcing myself to have my first ever bet on Harrington, but again at 66s I would feel a bit daft if he played well as a C&D man, who is in form. The 11/4 as Top Irish looks good too as we have a bad fav with Rory in a poor place at the moment, despite his positive press chats.

Casey is just a Top Ten backers dream in majors, and he played Birkdale well last time, despite a dreadful 78 to start. i think he is a better player now and 40s could be an ew play to nothing for a player who was T7 LTO at RB. He also looks a steal at 10-1 for Top GB paying 4 places.

Every Open needs to have a few quid at the under achieving yank, and this time im plumping for big Tony Finau.

Finally, I also cant help feeling i should top up on Rahm, even at almost 7 time the price less than we have in the vault. He could still be value.

Not recommendations at this point, but just helping to get the debate started.

Not just me that picks the odd plum or two then Wink

You're a sad man Ralph.

Had to be most predictable post of the week.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129258 on: July 23, 2017, 08:06:10 AM »

I wrote this last year and suggested a bet for the winning main event hand to be a pocket pair at 7/1.
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=67250.0

"I've gone through the stats of winning hole cards from Wikipedia from no limit holdem tournaments where it shows the winning hand. I've excluded mixed games/Pot Limit/Limit and ante up.

Here is my data: (pocket pairs/total tournaments)

WSOP Mains 13/44
12/35 WSOP 2016
9/34 WSOP 2015
5/33 WSOP 2014
6/36 WSOP 2013
10/45 EPT first five seasons (doesn't show hole cards on wikipedia after that)
16/38 WSOPE and Australia all time

Total 71/265 tournies where the winning hand was a pocket pair."

This year at WSOP I've just done a quick count of the NLH tournaments and winning hands at WSOP and I have got 11/40, a similar ratio. Giving us 82/306 once I've added last years ME too.

Again it is priced up at 7/1 with Choral in their WSOP section and I've bet again because I think it is value.

What do people think?

Hi Phill,

Just as a matter of interest......

I have been watching the heads up ( which is ongoing) and so far there have been over 60 hands, during which time neither player has been dealt a pocket pair.

"Must be due".........Smiley

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129259 on: July 23, 2017, 08:29:58 AM »

.....and on hand #64 of Heads Up we see the first pocket pair. (6-6 for Blumstein, which lost).

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #129260 on: July 23, 2017, 08:37:49 AM »

And it would have been the winning hand if it held up. ul anyone who is on this tip but the shortly only has about 21BBs, although there is a break while they look into the amount of the last double up. Blunstein is getting quite agitated at Jack Eiffel claiming he should have one sixth of a BB back.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129261 on: July 23, 2017, 08:43:52 AM »

All over in dramatic fashion, as  AIPF is rivered by  Two Diamonds

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #129262 on: July 23, 2017, 08:45:50 AM »

Sorry to say Wade and Smith both out of the darts at the first hurdle!  Me and lildave need sacking!  Wade looked like he was going to choke on stage.  He couldn't stop coughing and walked off the stage at 10-10 and sudden death.  No idea what was up with him.

Anderson hasn't thrown a dart for a week, suffering from jet lag from China and Vegas per his pre match interview.  Not ideal.  Playing like it as well.  He really sounds like he hates playing darts at times, practicing and the travelling.  Sounds like he would rather be doing a minimum wage job.

System's working fine.

Send more money.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #129263 on: July 23, 2017, 06:38:08 PM »

Arb's bet was a winner, so I owe Tikay a ton.

Shame I was restricted  Angry

Cheers for the heads up, Arb.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129264 on: July 23, 2017, 07:05:10 PM »

Was dodt anywhere in the top debutante market? Top 4 needed

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #129265 on: July 23, 2017, 07:40:04 PM »

Don't know where he came but settled as a loser for me. Thanks for the Ramsay bet arb, some ride that one! Also Casey placed the top GB + Irl bet so thanks to whoever posted that (pretty sure that was on here anyway)!
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #129266 on: July 23, 2017, 07:45:01 PM »

Dodt was T44 +3, but I'm unaware who the other debutants were.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #129267 on: July 23, 2017, 08:11:16 PM »

The standard in the Matchplay is woeful.

They are playing far too much. Hearn is too bloody greedy.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #129268 on: July 23, 2017, 08:47:05 PM »

https://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:gXcZKjraNl4J:https://www.oddschecker.com/golf/open-championship/top-debutant+&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk

li kim connelly schaufelle top four
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #129269 on: July 23, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »

The 16-y-old kid Conolly must have won top deb. kudos to anyone who backed him.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Pages: 1 ... 8614 8615 8616 8617 [8618] 8619 8620 8621 8622 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: