blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:41:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8658 8659 8660 8661 [8662] 8663 8664 8665 8666 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13442416 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #129915 on: August 20, 2017, 03:45:19 PM »

Sorted. Ta.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #129916 on: August 20, 2017, 04:24:36 PM »

Rec bet.

£20EW Kieffer Moore 25-1, L1 top scorer.

Amazed Dour Mick let him out on loan for the season. 6'5", unplayable at times. Rotherham will be in the mix once they sort out their defensive issues and they'll score plenty.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:11:15 PM by TightEnd » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #129917 on: August 20, 2017, 04:56:51 PM »

« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 05:36:40 PM by tikay » Logged

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129918 on: August 20, 2017, 05:58:48 PM »

Corner?

At the very end of the Spurs - Chelsea game, Chelsea were awarded a corner, (the linesman signalled accordingly) but a nana-second later, before the ball had even been moved towards the corner, the referee blew for full time.

Does that count as a corner in the stats?

The question is bet-related, obv.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #129919 on: August 20, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

Corner?

At the very end of the Spurs - Chelsea game, Chelsea were awarded a corner, (the linesman signalled accordingly) but a nana-second later, before the ball had even been moved towards the corner, the referee blew for full time.

Don't worry Tikay, i'm sure two flies will be around shortly........

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129920 on: August 20, 2017, 06:21:18 PM »

Corner?

Nope they only count corners that are taken

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129921 on: August 20, 2017, 06:25:38 PM »

Scuy have Chalobah 100-30 and Harry Maguire 4-1 to make the England 2018 World Cup squad. Would suggest these are both somewhat too big.

Calling Railwayman...George Cooper? Thought?

You guys after him? He seems highly rated on the Facebook groups, people seemed happy we were keeping him. 10 goals and 14 assists last year at 20 isn't bad.

I don't watch them anymore but keep up to date with stuff on Facebook and twitter

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129922 on: August 20, 2017, 06:54:15 PM »

Corner?

Skybet have paid out on the final "corner" in the Newcastle and the Spurs games

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129923 on: August 20, 2017, 06:57:49 PM »

Corner?

Thanks bud.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129924 on: August 20, 2017, 07:00:05 PM »

Corner?

Skybet have paid out on the final "corner" in the Newcastle and the Spurs games

So the bookies DO count it then? FWIW, it seems Wm Hill also assumed it was a legit corner. I was rather hoping it did not count. Smiley

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #129925 on: August 20, 2017, 07:07:53 PM »

Sky paid out as a "goodwill" gesture. They did also tweet earlier in the day their t&cs showing that they only count if taken. As I'm assuming people were kicking off

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129926 on: August 20, 2017, 07:16:54 PM »

Sky paid out as a "goodwill" gesture. They did also tweet earlier in the day their t&cs showing that they only count if taken. As I'm assuming people were kicking off

Thanks. It all makes sense now.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #129927 on: August 20, 2017, 07:45:53 PM »

Evening, Fred.

Will do more of these when time permits, but I happen to have a 90 minute train journey to twiddle my thumbs in (yes, from WCX...), so figured I'd put a neffle bet up.

NFC South

Given this division contains last year's Super Bowl runners up, it's an easy one for the eye to be drawn to. But I'm keen to oppose the former Fred-faves this year in their division.

A record breaking offense last year, with Matty "Ice" Ryan and the mercurial Julio Jones making gif-play after gif-play, a pair of running backs more slippery than a flu-ridden hagfish that had an accident with a bottle of fairy liquid and then ran as a Tory MP in the nineties.  Add to that a defense that went from prey to poacher before our eyes and, putting our savvy betting hats on for a moment, we shout one word in unison: regression.

Not convinced?

Quarterback rating (QBR) is a measure for how well a quarterback performs in a game.

2008: 70.9
2009: 70.5
2010: 73.5
2011: 72.4
2012: 71.7
2013: 70.2
2014: 70.3
2015: 72.5
2016: 83.3

Now it could be that the 32 year old quarterback had an epiphany and is set to dominate the league. After all, Brady and Rodgers are older and as good as ever. But even a drop of halfway to his average since 2008 would be a significant dash to the team's hopes of righting last February's bête noir.

A lot has been said of the Falcons losing offensive coordinator, Mike Shanahan to San Francisco, and whilst it's right not to descend into hysteria about it (as the media are wont to do), it's equally right to acknowledge he was superb for the team and that his replacement has never called a play in the NFL before.

Carolina could be said to have had the bad variance to yang Atlanta's 2016 yin. Cam Newton spent half his season getting clobbered by defenses and the other half moaning to officials (justifiably) about how hard he was getting clobbered. The wide receivers were awful at finding space and the team suffered from a disappointing Super Bowl (cough). The answer has been to bolster the offensive line with free agent Matt Kalil and a drafted rookie Taylor Moton. They have adopted a different offensive system which will see Cam supposedly spending more time standing upright and passing to receivers, rather than running around being chased like he is in a Benny Hill sketch (replace scantily clad women with 6 foot 3, 18 stone blokes).

Carolina also added to their skill players, with Christian McCaffrey and Curtis Samuel offering a completely new option for Newton in short, quick passes and a speedy deep threat. The running game is sound, so long as the O-Line can make holes and it's worth noting that the offense is probably not even the Panthers' best side; the defense can be brutal and is loaded with talent.

Elsewhere in the division, Tampa Bay have been the subject of this year's Hard Knocks tv show, which is a fly on the wall documentary about training camp and preseason. They have a fun and impressive franchise being built (apart from at kicker...). The trouble is they're probably a year too soon. 2018 might be their year, but they aren't quite there yet on either side of the ball.

New Orleans have to hope all four teams finish 7-9 and they win the division by some countback system. They finish 7-9 as often as Tony Pulls finishes mid table. Head Coach Sean Peyton (presumably) has built his coaching philosophy on Kevin Keegan, Ozzie Ardiles and the 2017 Pep Guardiola. The defense is an embarrassment, year after year, so they draft and bring in offensive players. Again and again. We'll score one more than you, they hope. It's a strategy that hasn't worked and won't this year either.

It's a two horse race for me.

Assume the teams are similar. Their schedule is similar because the divisions are paired. But, where there is divergence, Atlanta's superior 2016 performance means they have it harder. They have to travel to Seattle where Carolina get San Francisco, for example.

Carolina are 5/2 to win the NFC South with Scuy.  They are also 3.7 on the Exchange, as I know Fred doesn't do Stelling & Merse.

I know Tighty said in his preview he'd want more than 9/4. I'm more positive but, even still, 3.7 is more than 9/4, even after commission. Anything 3.5 and above is fine.

Recommend £30 on Carolina Panthers to win the NFC South at 3.7 with Betfair Exchange.

Click to see full-size image.

(Fred can have this through me if the price has gone. Put a bit extra on in case, as it's late)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:56:03 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129928 on: August 20, 2017, 07:56:54 PM »

We'll take it off you please. Welcome back on-time for the season :-)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129929 on: August 20, 2017, 08:00:17 PM »

Welcome back Mr Trumper Tal Bloke, the odour of NFL and SCD is in the air, so delighted you popped in.

Hope Wembley was not too depressing. It was rather amusing watching Conte doing his impression of a traffic policeman. He got "a bit" excited at the final whistle, too,

Pages: 1 ... 8658 8659 8660 8661 [8662] 8663 8664 8665 8666 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: