blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 10:31:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8684 8685 8686 8687 [8688] 8689 8690 8691 8692 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13431324 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130305 on: September 26, 2017, 01:21:53 PM »

Who do we think will be the next player to break that record? There is only one player in the top 200 who is 28 or under - one Adam Johnson, who seems long odds to add to his appearance tally.

a keeper,butland or pickford could play for another 15-20 years and began playing in the league early

fitness permitting obviously

Ahh yes, 'keepers, obv.

In most "most appearances" records (pre & post EPL) goalies figure prominently - Shilton, Clemence, Jennings, Seamen, James.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #130306 on: September 26, 2017, 01:43:55 PM »

I have no interest in football, but did watch the first half of the  Womens England/Russia game just cos it was on the tv at the time, thought it was decent play, no diving etc. Cant expect big tough real life footballers to like it tho i guess.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #130307 on: September 26, 2017, 02:01:27 PM »

All credit to Barry, a great career. But making up records doesn't compliment him, it says his achievement isn't enough for appreciation without some claim to be the record.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #130308 on: September 26, 2017, 02:18:46 PM »

Who do we think will be the next player to break that record? There is only one player in the top 200 who is 28 or under - one Adam Johnson, who seems long odds to add to his appearance tally.

With football at the upper echelons changing so much, I'm not sure it will ever be broken.

We don't even know if the EPL as we know it will survive, do we?

On which note, I see that a Women's Super League started last weekend. The BBC are covering it prominently, its all over their website, even Match reports. At the risk of being called sexist, how many people are interested in top flight women's football?

Bet nobody here  - amongst which are plenty of football experts - knows who is top?

To save you cheating, here you go;

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/womens-super-league/table

You'd lose your bet.  It was on tv on Sunday night when I got in and I carried on watching it as they were discussing the Mark Sampson case.   Eni Aluko was only a sub for Chelsea FWIW (racists!).

I have watched a bit recently, as the eldest sometimes plays with the boys at school.  It will probably be good for her to realise that some women do play football in adulthood. As atdc mentions, the internationals aren't a bad standard and refreshingly clear of cheating.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #130309 on: September 26, 2017, 06:50:51 PM »

With football at the upper echelons changing so much, I'm not sure it will ever be broken.

On which note, I see that a Women's Super League started last weekend. The BBC are covering it prominently, its all over their website, even Match reports. At the risk of being called sexist, how many people are interested in top flight women's football?

Bet nobody here  - amongst which are plenty of football experts - knows who is top?

You'd lose your bet.  It was on tv on Sunday night when I got in and I carried on watching it as they were discussing the Mark Sampson case.   Eni Aluko was only a sub for Chelsea FWIW (racists!).

I have watched a bit recently, as the eldest sometimes plays with the boys at school.  It will probably be good for her to realise that some women do play football in adulthood. As atdc mentions, the internationals aren't a bad standard and refreshingly clear of cheating.

BBC reported than the 72 games in women's super league attracted 78,641 supporters.

We are still subjected to the BBC promoting it constantly in news/sports bulletins as if it's a national mainstream sport.

bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #130310 on: September 26, 2017, 07:09:47 PM »

help, what formation will Spurs play tonight?Huh?!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130311 on: September 26, 2017, 07:18:22 PM »

Just knocked this up

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #130312 on: September 26, 2017, 07:25:56 PM »

BBC reported than the 72 games in women's super league attracted 78,641 supporters.

We are still subjected to the BBC promoting it constantly in news/sports bulletins as if it's a national mainstream sport.

To be fair, I don't think match attendances should dictate how much coverage something gets online. If the women's footy pages are getting more clicks than, say, the Championship then I am happy with the stories being featured reasonable prominently on websites. These pages could be super-popular among the 13-20 year old girls who just wouldn't travel to matches.

But if they are getting a tiny proportion of clicks, perhaps a decent percentage by mistake (can they log how long people spend on a page?), then I don't think the BBC can reasonably justify promoting it over more popular football stories.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130313 on: September 26, 2017, 07:36:52 PM »

help, what formation will Spurs play tonight?Huh?!

Davies playing in the position he plays for Wales. Expect Winks to get forward, starting in a sort of Gerrard role and miving forward to a Lampard role as we stay goalless.

Spurs will expect to be fitter and last goal being late in the game might be a market to consider.

I've backed Dortmund - Real No Goalscorer tonight at monster prices. Two top attacks and one poor defence but 33/1 was too tempting.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130314 on: September 26, 2017, 07:45:25 PM »

Bet365 have written to all affiliates notifying them of the discontinuation of the current signup offer (£200 bonus) from Friday.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #130315 on: September 26, 2017, 08:02:16 PM »

thanks Spurs fans!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130316 on: September 26, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »

Just knocked this up

Is that Tal's FPL team?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130317 on: September 26, 2017, 08:20:28 PM »

Just knocked this up

Is that Tal's FPL team?

Yes, apart from Kevin de Bruyne for Sissoko.

Yours is the same but with Iwobi, right?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130318 on: September 26, 2017, 08:24:29 PM »

Kane captain.

Naturellement.

Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130319 on: September 26, 2017, 08:30:44 PM »

Bet365 have written to all affiliates notifying them of the discontinuation of the current signup offer (£200 bonus) from Friday.

Thats interesting. Is that it finishing for everyone or just if you're recommended by someone?

Pages: 1 ... 8684 8685 8686 8687 [8688] 8689 8690 8691 8692 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: