blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:33:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8722 8723 8724 8725 [8726] 8727 8728 8729 8730 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13441386 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130875 on: November 14, 2017, 07:31:50 PM »

Enjoying the final of the snooker but have a couple of questions re ITV coverage.

1- Alan McManus demonstrated how some players would have been able to play power shots better if they had been equipped with a 'modern cue'. WTF is a modern cue?

2- When the frames are re hashed during the interval, why do they show a mish mash of shots back to back leaving the pundits floundering, unable to keep up with the action?

The modern cues are a lot heavier - minimum 18oz - and deliver far more power than the ones we used to play with.

Top quality hand-made cues cost £800+ - here's one you might fancy:

www.abcsnooker.co.uk/BCE-Snooker-Cues/Ronnie-O-Sullivan-Cues/Ronnie-O-Sullivan-LE-100-Snooker-Cue-LE-100?Google=base&gclid=CjwKCAiAoqXQBRA8EiwAIIOWssITggrgSVa6pSXIsJdPXb2KHEB_b

Yeah, I get it Ralph. What he meant to convey was that most players just continued to play with the cue they learned to play with even if they knew it was unsuitable rather than getting a custom-made heavier one, but he didn't mention any of that. The only people who would know what he was on about would be those like you who knew already.

I'll tell you the story of how I came by my cue when I get a minute. I'm sure everyone will be desperate to hear it.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #130876 on: November 14, 2017, 09:09:21 PM »

Lee Dixon's insight that it's too tiring to play without the ball is horribly lazy.

That no one in the studio pointed out Atletico and Leicester did ok with that system was somehow even more disappointing.

Do better, pundits!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
superwomble

View Profile WWW
« Reply #130877 on: November 15, 2017, 09:33:28 AM »

He does it a lot and refs know to ignore him now.

Why don't they book him for it?

It's normally ankle injuries. Tbf he does get kicked a lot but he goes down every time like he's had a David Busst.

🔓 Most league assists fr. 15/16: 34🅰️: De Bruyne 33🅰️: 💥MADDISON💥 32🅰️: N Adams 30🅰️: Eriksen, Ozil, Carey

That's why we put up with him but the team would probably be better off without him. The crazy inconsistency is largely down to him.

He does it a lot and refs know to ignore him now. Away fans love to abuse him, Posh fans put up with him because he's too talented to be playing in L1.

I mentioned yesterday that it was a shame to see as he had looked such a good player, embarrassing though. Lloyd looked good too, those two saved you from an embarrassing (and deserved I think) defeat. If we had a couple of decent central midfielders playing instead of the walking wardrobe Trotter and the clumsy ineffective Soares we would have won.

I didn't see the whole game but if Marriott could head a ball we'd have nicked it in the second half I think.

True, but first half you didn't really offer much so had Trotter not made a stupid foul to make up for his shitness, then Soares copied him, we'd have been 2-0 up at the break.

AFC Wimbledon Poker Club - https://www.facebook.com/afcwpokerclub/
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #130878 on: November 15, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »

I like Dimitrov at 12/1 for the World Tour Finals for anyone who has beewin - win only. He looks to have a good shot to get to the semis and then it is all to play for. Happy to oppose Nadal. Hard to see value in Fed so short though of course he is a deserved favourite. Can't really see anyone else who I want to back there. If the right Cilic shows up then he can win, but who knows? Goffin looks fatigued and Zverev's form has tailed off significantly. Thiem I just can't see being good enough and he always fades second half of season.

Dimitrov secures the group with a straightforward victory over Goffin. He now avoids Federer in the semis!
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #130879 on: November 15, 2017, 06:17:01 PM »

Wichita State continued their good form in the embryonic NCAAB season, Runnin' Wild against the College of Charleston, and securing an 81-63 victory. An expected win but done impressively.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130880 on: November 15, 2017, 06:25:20 PM »

Wichita State continued their good form in the embryonic NCAAB season, Runnin' Wild against the College of Charleston, and securing an 81-63 victory. An expected win but done impressively.

Perfect start.

Shockers

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130881 on: November 15, 2017, 06:29:35 PM »

I really enjoy watching live football on TV, but simply can't bring myself to watch any of the stuff that has been on during the "International break", so I've not watched a single game of it.

English football returns to our screens tonight, but Sod's Law dictated it would be Tranmere v Chompy's Poshies.

FFS.

Roll on proper football.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130882 on: November 15, 2017, 06:45:50 PM »

Luca Brecel made the semi-finals last week and played pretty well considering he was  playing with a replacement cue having lost/misplaced his after the previous tourney in China - I'm not sure of the exact details - but he has had his cue returned to him for this week's Shanghai Open and has breezed through the first couple of rounds without losing a single frame.

He is in the "softer" side of the draw with Selby, RonnieO, and Higgins(he has a place in Spain) in the tougher half, although Judd Trump is his probable opponent in the last eight should he dispose of Graeme Dott tomorrow as I expect. I couldn't resist a little 16/1 EW earlier and those nice blokes at ladyboys even gave me a price-boost to 18/1 *ice-cream klaxon*.

The 16/1 is gone but 14/1 with 1/2 odds 1-2 still looks a decent bet on a guy bang in form and with his beloved cue back.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130883 on: November 15, 2017, 07:26:30 PM »

Luca Brecel made the semi-finals last week and played pretty well considering he was  playing with a replacement cue having lost/misplaced his after the previous tourney in China - I'm not sure of the exact details - but he has had his cue returned to him for this week's Shanghai Open and has breezed through the first couple of rounds without losing a single frame.

He is in the "softer" side of the draw with Selby, RonnieO, and Higgins(he has a place in Spain) in the tougher half, although Judd Trump is his probable opponent in the last eight should he dispose of Graeme Dott tomorrow as I expect. I couldn't resist a little 16/1 EW earlier and those nice blokes at ladyboys even gave me a price-boost to 18/1 *ice-cream klaxon*.

The 16/1 is gone but 14/1 with 1/2 odds 1-2 still looks a decent bet on a guy bang in form and with his beloved cue back.

Not sure what Tighty wants to do, Ralph, but I thought Luca looks in great nick now, so I've followed you in. If Tighty wants to take it for Fred, fine by me as long as he decides before the price shortens.   

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130884 on: November 15, 2017, 07:55:43 PM »

Yes fine. How much is on?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130885 on: November 15, 2017, 08:00:58 PM »

Yes fine. How much is on?

£10 EW @ 14/1, half odds, 1-2, with Betfred.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #130886 on: November 16, 2017, 12:12:55 AM »

I really enjoy watching live football on TV, but simply can't bring myself to watch any of the stuff that has been on during the "International break", so I've not watched a single game of it.

English football returns to our screens tonight, but Sod's Law dictated it would be Tranmere v Chompy's Poshies.

FFS.

Roll on proper football.

Total football.

Against proper opposition too.

No more than half the fellas in white looked like they needed a sports bra.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130887 on: November 16, 2017, 08:40:40 AM »

FFS.

Roll on proper football.

Total football.

Against proper opposition too.

No more than half the fellas in white looked like they needed a sports bra.

Man City should be worried.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #130888 on: November 16, 2017, 09:39:08 AM »

Luca Brecel squeaked past Graeme Dott 5-4 having trailed 3-4.

Key match v Judd Trump coming up next.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130889 on: November 16, 2017, 11:44:22 AM »

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 8722 8723 8724 8725 [8726] 8727 8728 8729 8730 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: