blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 03:56:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8764 8765 8766 8767 [8768] 8769 8770 8771 8772 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13441491 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131505 on: January 02, 2018, 10:47:15 PM »

Any love for Palace tonight at 3/1 away at Southampton?

A team on the up vs a team going in the other direction.

Ty very much. Just cashed it out for 95% of profits.

Lovely! Glad a few got on. Like Tikay always says, its nice if the thread gets on but more important if a few of us get on a few winners.

I would say that it would be steak for dinner in the Hutch household this week if the wife and I weren't trying a month of vegetarianism. I guess we'll have, I dunno, asparagus?

Very well done Hutch.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #131506 on: January 03, 2018, 01:30:57 AM »

Fred has £20 on Sane for YPOTY at 16/1.

It feels very much like a 2 horse race between Sterling (4/6) and Sane (10/3) but Raheem is the clear favourite now. Think we can rule Jesus out as he's injured for 2 months (and his form went down the toilet). Sane is also not pulling up many trees currently. He started well tonight with the assist after 40 seconds, but really faded in the 2nd half. This follows on from the mare he had at Palace and a poor run of games before that. Sterling is generally playing well, and importantly also getting on the scoresheet when he isn't having the best of games.

It's not particularly big sums involved so I'm unsure exactly how much its worth doing but does Fred wanna look at any covering? Or just happy to let it ride? This bet was close a month or so ago but I feel Sane is gonna have to pull some big performances out the bag to have any chance, and at the moment he just doesn't look too likely to do that.

Fred also has £15 e/w on Sterling top scorer at 66/1 (1/4 for top 4) and tonights goal gives him a nice cushion over the chasing pack of Morata/Lukaku/Firminho et al. Topping the charts is gonna be a stretch but a place looks on the cards.....hopefully....

Best Bitter.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #131507 on: January 03, 2018, 04:20:19 AM »

Is it too soon for pardew to get fired? What an awful appointment

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131508 on: January 03, 2018, 10:11:21 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/pufc?source=feed_text&story_id=1517498021621348

Love this sort of thing. The Jack Marriott interview on 7 December. Almost as good as Eden Hazard's.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131509 on: January 03, 2018, 10:36:55 AM »

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/football/posh/breaking-news-posh-have-bid-accepted-for-striker-but-miss-out-on-main-midfield-target-1-8313740

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131510 on: January 04, 2018, 11:59:40 AM »

Go again on Kieffer please. Might need some help getting on?

20-1 with 365, quarter three spots, and 14-1 with PP, quarter four spots. £25EW with each if poss.

Long odds-on Kieffer ends up back in L1, and far from a done deal that Marriott stays put. Derby are sniffing around.

"Ipswich are definitely selling Kieffer Moore, reveals #rufc boss Paul Warne. They won't play him. Millers offer in. At least three other clubs bidding. Warne looking for "couple of bits of business" in Jan."

bet365 no good

pp restricted to £1.77ew

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/top-goalscorer

our current positions in this market are

Kieffer Moore   25/1   40            £20 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4
Kieffer Moore   20/1   30            £15 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4
Kieffer Moore   10/1   20            £10 e/w 1/4 1,2,3,4
Will Grigg           40/1   40            £20 e/w1/4 1,2,3,4

current standings

Marriott 17
Moore 13
Pitman 13
Doyle 12
Dack 11
Powell 11
Grigg 7

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131511 on: January 04, 2018, 12:05:25 PM »

Stoke lost to Newcastle

When West Ham won the following evening Stoke were in the bottom three and down to 9/4 to get relegated. 3.2 on the exchange

This weekend Stoke play Coventry in the cup, assume Hughes is a goner if they lose

Next weekend Stoke are at Old Trafford.

We have £200 at 7/1 and I am attempting to close that by laying £200 at 3.0 some time in the next 10 days, assuming a loss at Od Trafford. currently unmatched of course, to get a £1000 freeroll.

Being picky on price and to me not the end of the world if it doesn't match because i think going down is a definite runner, even if they sack Hughes not easy to see who is available that would come in (assume Koeman wouldn't?)

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131512 on: January 04, 2018, 12:16:55 PM »

Not one for the thread

but anyway

Harry Kane has won more WhoScored man of the match awards (7) than any other Premier League player this season He's 3.9 with BetVictor to add his 8th of the campaign at West Ham's expense tonight --

https://www.betvictor.com/en-gb/sports/man-of-the-match

Pochettino took the sensible/calculated decision to have him on the bench at Swansea on Tuesday after his illness over the NY, and they won comfortably enough with Kane stretching his legs for 25 minutes and creating the second goal

West Ham also played Tuesday and got the result they needed too

West Ham have conceded 24 goals in their 11 away games this season

Kane is going to be fresher than the defenders in their second game in 48 hours?

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131513 on: January 04, 2018, 12:38:34 PM »

Stoke lost to Newcastle

When West Ham won the following evening Stoke were in the bottom three and down to 9/4 to get relegated. 3.2 on the exchange

This weekend Stoke play Coventry in the cup, assume Hughes is a goner if they lose

We have £200 at 7/1 and I am attempting to close that by laying £200 at 3.0 some time in the next 10 days, assuming a loss at Od Trafford. currently unmatched of course, to get a £1000 freeroll.

Being picky on price and to me not the end of the world if it doesn't match because i think going down is a definite runner, even if they sack Hughes not easy to see who is available that would come in (assume Koeman wouldn't?)

If Hughes was going to go surely he would have gone on New years day?  Gives the club/next manager 3 weeks until 20 Jan (at home to Huddersfield) then Waford at home 31st January (which 4 points are needed from) to sort out a replacement and his new signings for the window.  Man U league game away is like Chelski and should be written off.  circa 85% likely to get nothing from the game.  FA cup is meaningless this season so i don't see what difference it makes whether we win or lose against Cov away with a weakened team.

Just my opinion but i don't see Hughes leaving given he hasn't already.  If he is going to go then surely he would be gone by now given the schedule for January?

February EPL fixtures as follows (only 3 games)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/scores-fixtures/2018-02 - 2 very winnable and Leicester away.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 12:42:52 PM by arbboy » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131514 on: January 04, 2018, 12:47:10 PM »

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/next-manager-to-leave-post

ON a side note why isn't Pardew quoted in this market?  Given the price of the front 2 he must be a huge price to go next?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131515 on: January 04, 2018, 12:51:53 PM »

Stoke lost to Newcastle

If Hughes was going to go surely he would have gone on New years day?  Gives the club/next manager 3 weeks until 20 Jan (at home to Huddersfield) then Waford at home 31st January (which 4 points are needed from) to sort out a replacement and his new signings for the window.  Man U league game away is like Chelski and should be written off.  circa 85% likely to get nothing from the game.  FA cup is meaningless this season so i don't see what difference it makes whether we win or lose against Cov away with a weakened team.

Just my opinion but i don't see Hughes leaving given he hasn't already.  If he is going to go then surely he would be gone by now given the schedule for January?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/stoke-city/scores-fixtures/2018-02 - 2 very winnable and Leicester away.

Ok if he is not going less inclined to trade out. The way he sets up that defence, and changing it, would be an easy win for someone new (I know injuries have been a factor but Shawcross isn't the player he was two years ago, WImmer hasn't worked, no left backs that are good enough etc) and without that shipping goals continues to look likely

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131516 on: January 04, 2018, 12:57:46 PM »

Stoke lost to Newcastle

If Hughes was going to go surely he would have gone on New years day?  Gives the club/next manager 3 weeks until 20 Jan (at home to Huddersfield) then Waford at home 31st January (which 4 points are needed from) to sort out a replacement and his new signings for the window.  Man U league game away is like Chelski and should be written off.  circa 85% likely to get nothing from the game.  FA cup is meaningless this season so i don't see what difference it makes whether we win or lose against Cov away with a weakened team.

Just my opinion but i don't see Hughes leaving given he hasn't already.  If he is going to go then surely he would be gone by now given the schedule for January?

Ok if he is not going less inclined to trade out. The way he sets up that defence, and changing it, would be an easy win for someone new (I know injuries have been a factor but Shawcross isn't the player he was two years ago, WImmer hasn't worked, no left backs that are good enough etc) and without that shipping goals continues to look likely

I agree with everything you say about the players.  Shawcross is going to be a huge anchor contract wise for the club moving forward.  He isn't going to age well  over the length of his long term deal.  Wimmer agree as well.

I don't see given your comments and the current squad how its an easy win for a new manager coming in.

Wouldn't you agree Tighty given the schedule that if he was going to go then planning wise in the key month of Jan with only 3 EPL games that he would have gone as early as possible?  New manager gets a free hit at Man U away freerolling before having three weeks to prepare/purchase new players before the 5 key league games after that?  Why wait until half the window is up and Man U have beaten us and we have won/drew/lost a meaningless game away in the FA cup?  How does waiting 3 weeks help anyone?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131517 on: January 04, 2018, 01:00:38 PM »

I don't know, this is why I am talking out loud. Trying to work out what the Coates's are thinking and planning is tricky as they are notoriously patient and long term in their thinking.

At the other 9 clubs in the bottom half I am convinced he would have gone by now

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131518 on: January 04, 2018, 01:06:20 PM »

I don't know, this is why I am talking out loud. Trying to work out what the Coates's are thinking and planning is tricky as they are notoriously patient and long term in their thinking.

At the other 9 clubs in the bottom half I am convinced he would have gone by now

I agree.  The Coates are worth circa £10bn for that very reason.  They are very patient/long term in their thinking, very loyal to their staff and don't make results orientated poor decisions like most other clubs do.  That is how they make their living day in day out on the day job.  Why would they run their football club in any other manner?

West Brom have shifted Pulis and ended up with Pardew.  Who realistically are Stoke going to recruit in the next month to manage them if West Brom had to settle for their 25th option in Pardew?

I don't know either obviously and am just talking out loud as well.  Given the weekend fixtures this weekend (lot of the clubs around the bottom of the league are likely to pick up points this weekend) if you are going to trade i would probably do so on Sunday prior to the Stoke game Monday night.  

Based on the spread quotes for season points Stoke seem plenty short enough at sub 9/4 now tbh compared to the prices of their rivals.

https://www.sportingindex.com/spread-betting/football/domestic-premier-league/group_a.7e4187d6-9e42-4bb0-9bde-779fd4019f61/premier-league-points-2017-18
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:11:29 PM by arbboy » Logged
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #131519 on: January 05, 2018, 10:08:39 AM »

Don't follow EPL to the depth you guys do, so not chucking my hapennyworth in, but do enjoy the thinking out loud and batting the thoughts back and forth. More please!

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Pages: 1 ... 8764 8765 8766 8767 [8768] 8769 8770 8771 8772 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: