blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 01:51:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272484 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8781 8782 8783 8784 [8785] 8786 8787 8788 8789 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13333807 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #131760 on: January 24, 2018, 06:48:30 PM »

Southampton 5/1 to go down....https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

I'm still partially in the 'too good to go down' camp, however 4 wins from 24 games speaks volumes.

It's ridiculously tight down there but 5/1 for a team currently languishing in 18th that haven't won in the league since 26th November looks rather generous to me. Next 2 Prem games are home to Brighton and away at WBA, 2 poor results and they could find themselves propping up the table.

What do our resident Saints think?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:57:45 PM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #131761 on: January 24, 2018, 07:20:38 PM »

I also like Bournemouth at 7/2 for a top half finish.

They look like they've gone through their rough patch and have now put a bit of form together. They play Chelsea next but then have a 'nice' run of games. 2 spots up for grabs in the top 10 and I think they will be looking up rather than down soon enough.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-10-finish

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131762 on: January 24, 2018, 07:42:13 PM »

Why, one might ask, shouldn’t bookies stand all bets? It may sound a valid question in theory but the reality is they would not stand a chance. You have to understand there are punters and indeed groups of punters who operate like businesses, and extremely efficient, successful businesses at that. Many of these people are former bookmaker employees and have extensive knowledge of the industry that means they are not the average recreational punter one may think forms the bulk of these companies’ client bases.

They use high-quality predictive software and analytical tools that give them an edge. They use the fact they can pick and choose what to bet on whereas bookmakers have to offer prices on every event

Bruce Millington doesn't follow Fred then

Smiley

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:44:59 PM by Tal » Logged

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131763 on: January 24, 2018, 08:13:18 PM »

http://www.espn.co.uk/nba/story/_/id/22198782/nba-outlines-plan-professional-sports-leagues-pushing-national-legalized-wagering

Imagine if the EPL demanded 1% of the value of all bets struck on EPL games from bookmakers?  Imagine how much globally they would hoover up every year.

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/22181269/cleveland-cavaliers-historically-bad-bettors-gambling

Incredible how badly the Cavs are performing against the spread this year. 0-12 as double digit fav on the hcap.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 08:18:26 PM by arbboy » Logged
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131764 on: January 24, 2018, 09:46:04 PM »

Southampton 5/1 to go down....https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

I'm still partially in the 'too good to go down' camp, however 4 wins from 24 games speaks volumes.

It's ridiculously tight down there but 5/1 for a team currently languishing in 18th that haven't won in the league since 26th November looks rather generous to me. Next 2 Prem games are home to Brighton and away at WBA, 2 poor results and they could find themselves propping up the table.

i got on at 18/1 and have just laid it off and am looking to back on finishing top 10, next 3 games will make or break our season

home to watford in cup then home to brighton and away to wba

6 points and a 5th round cup game can make things look alot brighter
home v

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #131765 on: January 25, 2018, 12:46:22 AM »

I flicked an email over last night. No reply as yet.

Wonder if they'll prove as successful as IBAS? At the moment IBAS are taking around six months to go through each case. Carefully and without bias. Before finding in favour of the bookmaker.

This is just too funny: "Firstly, Sky Bet does not close customer accounts for anything other than responsible gambling or fraud purposes. We do not close accounts simply because a customer wins, or even if we expect them to win."

This idea that customers are informed when accounts are being closed...it simply doesn't happen. You'll get told it's a trading decision if you question it but they rarely, if ever, let you know.

Bruce Millington spoke a lot of sense though tbf.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:12:57 AM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Mark_Porter

View Profile
« Reply #131766 on: January 25, 2018, 10:47:09 AM »

About to spend £50million on two good attackers. Attack is definitely the issue to solve.

Crucial period coming up with a strong run of fixtures. Club reluctant to fire the manager but would expect if we don't pick up 4 point from next 2 games then he may get the chop, especially now there is a legitimate option to turn to.

Fully expect us to starting putting points on the board now. 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131767 on: January 25, 2018, 11:07:14 AM »

They look like they've gone through their rough patch and have now put a bit of form together. They play Chelsea next but then have a 'nice' run of games. 2 spots up for grabs in the top 10 and I think they will be looking up rather than down soon enough.

thoughts please

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #131768 on: January 25, 2018, 11:29:40 AM »

Wozniaki though  Kiss

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
bergeroo

View Profile
« Reply #131769 on: January 25, 2018, 12:13:12 PM »

Wozniaki though  Kiss

She is a small underdog for the final but the draw panned out nicely with her not having to face another seed above 19. Fingers crossed for the weekend!
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #131770 on: January 25, 2018, 12:42:05 PM »

thoughts please

As a Cherries fan I suppose I’m naturally a bit more pessimistic about a top ten finish.
Yes all first team players are fit now...apart from long term Defoe.
Yes we are unbeaten in  5, and a bit of confidence has returned.
However we still constantly leak goals and it’s just so tight in the bottom half , and very difficult to work out .....even Swansea are back in the bleeding mix !
Maybe after Chelsea the price will drift a touch?🙂
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #131771 on: January 25, 2018, 10:55:37 PM »

thoughts please

As a Cherries fan I suppose I’m naturally a bit more pessimistic about a top ten finish.
Yes all first team players are fit now...apart from long term Defoe.
Yes we are unbeaten in  5, and a bit of confidence has returned.
However we still constantly leak goals and it’s just so tight in the bottom half , and very difficult to work out .....even Swansea are back in the bleeding mix !
Maybe after Chelsea the price will drift a touch?🙂

It's come in at 11/4 now, which is a little less appealing. Probably wise to see what happens vs Chelsea and take it from there.

Agreed its very tight, but some of the wheat will be separated from the chaff soon enough, and I consider Bournemouth to be more wheat than chaff.

I'm glad I can articulate my thoughts in an intelligent way and not like a stupid twat Wink

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #131772 on: January 25, 2018, 11:42:24 PM »

Pep Guardiola said City pulled out of the deal in order to preserve the "stability of the club" but Mourinho had his own unique view of the situation.

He said: "Alexis reminds me a little bit the metaphor when you see a tree with amazing oranges in the top of the tree and then you cannot get there and you say I got the lower ones because I don't like the ones in the top.
"You like the ones in the top, they are so nice and so orange and so round, so full of juice, but you cannot get there.
"So you say I didn't want to go there or I prefer the other ones. I think it reminds me a little bit of that story."

Not quite seagulls and trawlers.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131773 on: January 27, 2018, 08:47:08 AM »

Couple of really decent chases at Chelters today, might be worth perusing the card to see if a spot of value can be found.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131774 on: January 27, 2018, 09:02:04 AM »

22 years ago today......

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 8781 8782 8783 8784 [8785] 8786 8787 8788 8789 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: