blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 04:47:08 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8777 8778 8779 8780 [8781] 8782 8783 8784 8785 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13433946 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #131700 on: January 18, 2018, 02:36:40 PM »

The other Ronnie has turned up in the snooker today.  Allen doing a proper job break building today mind.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131701 on: January 18, 2018, 03:40:22 PM »

Ronnie - apparently - fouled a red whilst cueing up to pot the black in the 1st frame. The camera never saw it, the ref never saw it, nobody saw it, but Ronnie instantly declared the foul & walked away from the table. Most, of not all, snooker players would do the same.

It made me think of the utter contrast in football.

Even after the most blatant foul or handball, the shoulders go up & the hands outstretched - "what me, ref?". Or the player wags his finger at the ref in admonishment. If I were a referee & a player wagged his finger at me in such circumstances, he'd soon be enjoying an early bath.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #131702 on: January 18, 2018, 09:59:47 PM »

Ronnie - apparently - fouled a red whilst cueing up to pot the black in the 1st frame. The camera never saw it, the ref never saw it, nobody saw it, but Ronnie instantly declared the foul & walked away from the table. Most, of not all, snooker players would do the same.

Even after the most blatant foul or handball, the shoulders go up & the hands outstretched - "what me, ref?". Or the player wags his finger at the ref in admonishment. If I were a referee & a player wagged his finger at me in such circumstances, he'd soon be enjoying an early bath.

I wish football would copy rugby union. Any back chat and the penalty is moved 10 yards forward and the ref keeps moving it forward until they stop arguing. They soon learn. So easy to stop if they really wanted to.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131703 on: January 18, 2018, 10:15:13 PM »

I wish football would copy rugby union. Any back chat and the penalty is moved 10 yards forward and the ref keeps moving it forward until they stop arguing. They soon learn. So easy to stop if they really wanted to.

Agree, stopping it could not be more simple.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131704 on: January 18, 2018, 10:40:39 PM »

Yes and no: it requires the will to change. Managers, owners, tv companies, players and refs.

The ten yard thing doesn't really work in football, where - unlike in rugby or NFL - you can pass forwards. It was tried a few years ago.

I would sooner have a sin bin for dissent yellows. 

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #131705 on: January 18, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »

Yes and no: it requires the will to change. Managers, owners, tv companies, players and refs.

The ten yard thing doesn't really work in football, where - unlike in rugby or NFL - you can pass forwards. It was tried a few years ago.

I would sooner have a sin bin for dissent yellows. 

Dunno about down south, but in Scotland they ruined the extra ten yards by insisting it had to be for a bookable offence. Should have been an intermediate punishment.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #131706 on: January 19, 2018, 12:22:02 AM »

I was in favour when they were mooting a yellow card for players making the card signal to referees but I'm not sure what to do about players making the TV signal.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #131707 on: January 19, 2018, 12:55:12 AM »

I was in favour when they were mooting a yellow card for players making the card signal to referees but I'm not sure what to do about players making the TV signal.

In the bundesliga the players get booked for this.

I think it's about time they stopped booking goal scorers for taking their shirt off. What is the point of those bookings?
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #131708 on: January 19, 2018, 09:12:55 AM »

Going to sound like a real fish here, but each way bets in tennis are top 2 or top 4?

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #131709 on: January 19, 2018, 09:21:16 AM »

Going to sound like a real fish here, but each way bets in tennis are top 2 or top 4?

It's pretty much always two, I'm sure have been exceptions none spring to mind though and we're probably just promotions.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #131710 on: January 19, 2018, 10:59:16 AM »

I think it's about time they stopped booking goal scorers for taking their shirt off. What is the point of those bookings?

Either that or the clubs should fine the player a week's wages for deliberately getting booked.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #131711 on: January 19, 2018, 03:43:30 PM »

I think Palace +0.5 (laying Arsenal) might be a spot tomorrow in the asian handicap at 9/5 with 888sporf. Not sure who you guys can get on with i think 2.6+ in price is good. Bet stars go 9/5 on the double chance for example, i think you are okay with them?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-crystal-palace/double-chance

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/arsenal-v-crystal-palace/asian-handicap

Sako up front seems to be revitalised under hodgson is the main talking point. We have lost 1 in 12 premier league games which shows a resilience not to lose, annoyingly that only loss did come to Arsenal at home. 13 games back away to spurs we lost 1-0 away despite being very perky, but no other away matches against the top 6 in that run. Arsenal's form hasn't been great of late, but if we consider their home form against the "lesser" sides in the league they are 7/7 in victories, so seem ruthless there.

I think all in all its worth a little punt considering the price, nothing to go too crazy over.
Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #131712 on: January 19, 2018, 09:57:17 PM »

Money. Sponsors want their logo in shot and on the back pages.  Tongue

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #131713 on: January 20, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »

Thoughts welcome on Forest Des Aigles in the 3.15 at Haydock.

Should enjoy the ground and won going away from a stayer last time out over 3m, albeit as a favourite.

Joint bottom weight, with over a stone in hand on the top few. It is heavy out there. 7 year old, looks progressive.

Can get 11/1 4 places 1/5. Exchange prices are 12.0 and 2.92 (4 to be placed - albeit in an illiquid market), so this is ok.

Red Shouty Man and Patrick Parr are the extra place merchants if we fancy. £20ew?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #131714 on: January 20, 2018, 10:35:04 AM »

you have caught me on a rare spell on the forum

Forest Des Aigles Haydock 15:15 Winner
11/1 Each Way (4 Places at 1/5 Odds)
Total Stake: £32.26 (£16.13 e/w the max allowed with Patrick)
Potential Returns: £245.18

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 8777 8778 8779 8780 [8781] 8782 8783 8784 8785 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: