blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 02:41:28 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272716 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8894 8895 8896 8897 [8898] 8899 8900 8901 8902 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13527186 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133455 on: June 02, 2018, 06:38:44 PM »

Sterling booked for diving?

A lot of wood in The Sun's editor office tonight.

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #133456 on: June 02, 2018, 07:20:14 PM »

Sterling booked for diving?

A lot of wood in The Sun's editor office tonight.

He can't even do that well.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #133457 on: June 02, 2018, 07:45:03 PM »

Royal London One Day Cup

Derbyshire host Lancashire tomorrow. They currently top the Northern League and in Billy Godleman and Ravi Rampaul have both a batsman and bowler in excellent form. They are a functional team without real superstars but have proved effective so far.

Hard for me to say but Lancashire look directionless. Jennings and Buttler away on England duty means the batting could be politely described as 'fragile' at best. The attack is decent but I feel they are being captained poorly and seem to be unable to pace an innings with the bat.

Inexplicably, Lancashire are priced up as favourites.

Oddschecker is not playing ball this morning but I would happily recommend £50 @ 11/10+ on Derbyshire tomorrow.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket

Any thoughts from the cricket lads?
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #133458 on: June 02, 2018, 08:07:04 PM »

Royal London One Day Cup

Derbyshire host Lancashire tomorrow. They currently top the Northern League and in Billy Godleman and Ravi Rampaul have both a batsman and bowler in excellent form. They are a functional team without real superstars but have proved effective so far.

Hard for me to say but Lancashire look directionless. Jennings and Buttler away on England duty means the batting could be politely described as 'fragile' at best. The attack is decent but I feel they are being captained poorly and seem to be unable to pace an innings with the bat.

Inexplicably, Lancashire are priced up as favourites.

Oddschecker is not playing ball this morning but I would happily recommend £50 @ 11/10+ on Derbyshire tomorrow.

https://www.oddschecker.com/cricket

Any thoughts from the cricket lads?

I guess my main thought would be that depth is so much more important than some in form players. I think it’s priced as though the Lancs team have more quality overall but aren’t in form. I’m not sure about the form consideration. So, no bet for me but I’m on your side of it if I had to.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133459 on: June 02, 2018, 08:59:36 PM »

cut and pasted from laddies

Each Way 1/5 1-2-3
Robert White 6/4
Lost Voice Guy 7/4
Dvj 5/1
Micky P Kerr 8/1
Giang Brothers 16/1  BF 26/1000
Gruffydd Wyn 16/1  BF 21/26
The D-Day Darlings 16/1 BF 34/60
Jack and Tim 25/1 BF 70/150
Donchez Dacres 33/1 BF 75/500
Calum Courtney 66/1 1.01/1000 (last price mach 75)

wildcard to be added

Haven't seen any of it, but put some betfair prices up on the ones outside the top 4.  Think that rules out Jack and Tim D-day darlings and Donchez Dacres.

i really fancy the d-day darlings to ramp up the britishness and make the top 3 can get them 25-1 to win but everywhere offering ew have them at 16-1 which is a bummer as they are no longer value

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #133460 on: June 02, 2018, 09:27:15 PM »

Each Way 1/5 1-2-3
Robert White 6/4
Lost Voice Guy 7/4
Dvj 5/1
Micky P Kerr 8/1

wildcard to be added

Haven't seen any of it, but put some betfair prices up on the ones outside the top 4.  Think that rules out Jack and Tim D-day darlings and Donchez Dacres.

i really fancy the d-day darlings to ramp up the britishness and make the top 3 can get them 25-1 to win but everywhere offering ew have them at 16-1 which is a bummer as they are no longer value

just back them on the exchange at 40?   If e/w is bad, do win only.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #133461 on: June 03, 2018, 12:26:27 AM »

Each Way 1/5 1-2-3
Robert White 6/4
Lost Voice Guy 7/4
Dvj 5/1
Micky P Kerr 8/1

wildcard to be added

just back them on the exchange at 40?   If e/w is bad, do win only.

going to see what i can get on exchange for top 3 last price matched on there was 5.0 i think anything 5.0 or above and i will get value. I dont think they are winners but they pulled out d-day veterans in the semi and another stunt like that will get them votes and the comedians will be taking votes from each other

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
dino1980
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #133462 on: June 03, 2018, 12:33:21 AM »

I'm struggling to see why Cavani is either longer odds or the same odds as Suarez to be Uruguay's top goal scorer at the World Cup (2.38 with BV, similar elsewhere). All the info below is known by the bookies so what am I missing?

Cavani is the designated penalty taker.

If we take the CONMEBOL qualifiers then it's Cavani (10 goals, 15 appearances), Suarez (5 goals, 13 appearances). If we look at their last two seasons of domestic football during the qualifying period - both playing in dominating domestic teams - Cavani has 0.98 xGp90 (5,575 minutes) and Suarez has 0.76 xGp90 (5,572 minutes).

Expanding the data to all International appearances then Suarez has the edge, 97 (50) to 100 (42).

I'm not suggesting there's any value in backing Cavani, just struggling to understand the price.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133463 on: June 03, 2018, 10:51:49 AM »

Do we feel there is some value in Sterling at 7/1 to be top scorer for England? If yesterdays formation/tactics are anything to go by, he's gonna be playing a very advanced role.

Need to gauge opinions cos I'm gonna come across as a little biased Smiley

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #133464 on: June 03, 2018, 11:00:31 AM »

Do we feel there is some value in Sterling at 7/1 to be top scorer for England? If yesterdays formation/tactics are anything to go by, he's gonna be playing a very advanced role.

I'm biased the other way when it comes to him: his first touch is bad (for balance, I have the same gripe with Dele) and his finishing is atrocious. Such good movement and speed deserves better skill in front of goal.

That said, two goals might win it this year.

Likely to start, assuming the system we saw yesterday is what we start with. Price feels about right to me.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133465 on: June 03, 2018, 11:05:53 AM »

I'm biased the other way when it comes to him: his first touch is bad (for balance, I have the same gripe with Dele) and his finishing is atrocious. Such good movement and speed deserves better skill in front of goal.

Likely to start, assuming the system we saw yesterday is what we start with. Price feels about right to me.

His composure in front of goal is clearly a big issue for him, he'd have had 25+ goals in the league last season were he more lethal in 1 on 1 situations.

He does get himself in excellent positions, and his speed and awareness is a big contributor for this.

As you say, a couple might be enough. Doesn't take penalties or free kicks but should start every game and is rarely injured. Felt 7/1 was a smidge too big (was thinking 11/2 feels about right) but I have City specs on.

Best Bitter.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #133466 on: June 03, 2018, 11:19:29 AM »

His composure in front of goal is clearly a big issue for him, he'd have had 25+ goals in the league last season were he more lethal in 1 on 1 situations.

He does get himself in excellent positions, and his speed and awareness is a big contributor for this.

As you say, a couple might be enough. Doesn't take penalties or free kicks but should start every game and is rarely injured. Felt 7/1 was a smidge too big (was thinking 11/2 feels about right) but I have City specs on.

The problem with all the low-scoring teams is chops. For the front of the market, you need situations in which your guy is sole winner, as 7/2 or 7/3 is way less attractive.

Kane is easy to see (sole striker in the standard formation, takes pens), but the rest are harder.

If you are of the mindset that England won't score many, I'd look for a bigger price player who could score twice from set pieces.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #133467 on: June 03, 2018, 11:40:33 AM »

I'd be half interested in Left-Arsecheek at 66-1. I wouldn't be surprised to see him start v Tunisia in an attacking line up and then we go from there.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #133468 on: June 03, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »

The problem with all the low-scoring teams is chops. For the front of the market, you need situations in which your guy is sole winner, as 7/2 or 7/3 is way less attractive.

Kane is easy to see (sole striker in the standard formation, takes pens), but the rest are harder.

If you are of the mindset that England won't score many
, I'd look for a bigger price player who could score twice from set pieces.

I'm usually of that mindset for obvious reasons, but in reality Panama (and to a lesser degree Tunisia) should offer some scope for a few goals.

Though the 'concern' would be going 2 up against either team and then treating it like a friendly.

Best Bitter.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #133469 on: June 03, 2018, 12:22:16 PM »

Where is the thinking England won't score many goals from!??

The spreads have England tournament goals at 7.5/8.0

Can't believe that is a long way off. Kane looks a fair price to me tbh but there is nothing hidden in the England selection really.

With the sides with a lower goal expectancy there is a good argument that backing the said player on the exchanges first last and any in what will likely be three games maximum is just as good.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 12:24:09 PM by horseplayer » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8894 8895 8896 8897 [8898] 8899 8900 8901 8902 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: