blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:28:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9034 9035 9036 9037 [9038] 9039 9040 9041 9042 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13411936 times)
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #135555 on: March 16, 2019, 06:52:14 AM »

Okay, Australian GP bets.

Not much too choose from, although I am exercising caution as part of my "quality, not quantity" strategy. Australia is also an unusual circuit which often throws up unusual results.

Points Finish - Antonio Giovinazzi @ 7/2+ (William Hill best price). A promising youngster in a seemingly bullet proof car (if pre-season testing is anything to go by) with an unique and innovative front wing concept. Price is slightly out of line given that his team mate is 9/10. I would have thought he should be 5/2.
https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/australian-grand-prix/points-finish

Double Points Finish - Toro Rosso @ 16/1 (365/Sporting Bet best price). As touched upon before, the car looked extremely strong in pre-season testing. There are an array of prices on this with the lowest being 4/1! Clearly 16/1 is value. I would have priced it at around the 8/1 mark.
https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/australian-grand-prix/double-points-finish

Also, is there any love from the thread for my Ferrari Constructors Champions bet? I really can't stress enough how much of a good spot that is. 11/8 on WH.

Mercedes looking imperious. All the pundits got it wrong too!
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #135556 on: March 16, 2019, 07:20:32 AM »

Okay, Australian GP bets.

Not much too choose from, although I am exercising caution as part of my "quality, not quantity" strategy. Australia is also an unusual circuit which often throws up unusual results.

Points Finish - Antonio Giovinazzi @ 7/2+ (William Hill best price). A promising youngster in a seemingly bullet proof car (if pre-season testing is anything to go by) with an unique and innovative front wing concept. Price is slightly out of line given that his team mate is 9/10. I would have thought he should be 5/2.
https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/australian-grand-prix/points-finish

Double Points Finish - Toro Rosso @ 16/1 (365/Sporting Bet best price). As touched upon before, the car looked extremely strong in pre-season testing. There are an array of prices on this with the lowest being 4/1! Clearly 16/1 is value. I would have priced it at around the 8/1 mark.
https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/australian-grand-prix/double-points-finish

Also, is there any love from the thread for my Ferrari Constructors Champions bet? I really can't stress enough how much of a good spot that is. 11/8 on WH.

Mercedes looking imperious. All the pundits got it wrong too!

I'm shell-shocked. For the first time ever, what we're visibly seeing on track just doesn't correlate with the timing screens at all. Not just Ferrari/Mercedes either, but the whole of the top ten.

My Ferrari title bet isn't completely dead. Mercedes had a similar gap in Australian GP qualifying last season, and Ferrari should have won the title (but for a number of mistakes). Plus, Charles Leclerc will undoubtedly challenge more as the season progresses. Still, considerably less likely now. That gap is unbelievable following testing.  

The twitchy-ness of Mercedes does probably suit this track more, but to the tune of 0.7 seconds? Not sure.  Lips Sealed
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 07:37:00 AM by Peter-27 » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #135557 on: March 16, 2019, 08:34:58 AM »

Victor are 25/1 Bottas third first 3 for the drivers championship right now.   obv a good bet if you have an ice cream account, prob not if you want to keep it.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #135558 on: March 16, 2019, 09:14:59 AM »

Victor are 25/1 Bottas third first 3 for the drivers championship right now.   obv a good bet if you have an ice cream account, prob not if you want to keep it.

Not anymore.   I am on LeClerc too; there is still a long seasom for them to catch up.   Mercedes have just caught us out by sandbagging in testing. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135559 on: March 16, 2019, 09:44:04 AM »

After the excitement of Cheltenham there might not be too much enthusiasm for watching a bunch of stayers plod round Uttoxeter several times, but it's the Midlands Grand National today, but 21 runners & 13/2 the field might interest a few;

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/uttoxeter/15:35/winner

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #135560 on: March 16, 2019, 10:37:30 AM »

After the excitement of Cheltenham there might not be too much enthusiasm for watching a bunch of stayers plod round Uttoxeter several times, but it's the Midlands Grand National today, but 21 runners & 13/2 the field might interest a few;

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/uttoxeter/15:35/winner

And e/w first seven at Hills
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #135561 on: March 16, 2019, 10:44:56 AM »

Now 19 runners. Got to be done with Hills. I fancy No.3.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #135562 on: March 16, 2019, 10:53:51 AM »

Ha, was a bit betted out, but there is a handicap hurdle before too.

Not backed number 3 so worry about my chances.

Magoo; Milansbar and Chef D'ouvre.   

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #135563 on: March 16, 2019, 11:11:55 AM »

Had a decent little touch on Regal Flow last year so might as well give the old boy another chance in very similar conditions.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135564 on: March 16, 2019, 01:49:39 PM »

Watching Uttoxeter early races and the going is "soft, heavy in places", so the Midlands GN, over 4 miles 2 furlongs, could turn into a real slog fest.

Ralph mentioned that Regal Flow won last year in similar conditions, so that's a positive, does that also apply to the Doobs trio, and does that throw any others into the mix?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
peejaytwo

View Profile
« Reply #135565 on: March 16, 2019, 02:14:06 PM »

Raz De Maree was never in the race for the Eider at Newcastle but plodded round to safely secure the last ew payout.
Can see the same happening today but it’s 26/27 on BF and only 14/1 with the Hills shyster. Will probably but closer if you can bet the live show.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #135566 on: March 16, 2019, 02:18:29 PM »

Watching Uttoxeter early races and the going is "soft, heavy in places", so the Midlands GN, over 4 miles 2 furlongs, could turn into a real slog fest.

Ralph mentioned that Regal Flow won last year in similar conditions, so that's a positive, does that also apply to the Doobs trio, and does that throw any others into the mix?

I knew the ground and distance when I backed them.   Think all have won on heavy and Milansbar finished the Grand National on heavy.   

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135567 on: March 16, 2019, 02:22:43 PM »

I knew the ground and distance when I backed them.   Think all have won on heavy and Milansbar finished the Grand National on heavy.   

Guessed that was probable, just thought I'd check.

Will have a dabble shortly.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #135568 on: March 16, 2019, 02:35:35 PM »

Think a couple have shortened a bit.   Do you get a staff 365 account these days?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #135569 on: March 16, 2019, 02:41:27 PM »

Think a couple have shortened a bit.   Do you get a staff 365 account these days?

Pfft, I wish.

On which note, I really must get caught up on the diary - Gill has started betting, and is getting to know all the angles. Told me yesterday that Betway are a heap of shite, as they have removed cash out from her 6/1 shot of Meghan to have twins. She reckons it's outrageous. Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 9034 9035 9036 9037 [9038] 9039 9040 9041 9042 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: