blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 05:53:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9096 9097 9098 9099 [9100] 9101 9102 9103 9104 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13427925 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136485 on: August 03, 2019, 12:21:09 PM »

Newmarket has Peaky Blinders Day today.

I thought they were trying to stop violence at racecourses, not encourage it! Grin

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136486 on: August 03, 2019, 01:19:04 PM »

About time we had a horse bet.

1.50 Goodwood.

Last year in this race Boy in the Bar went off 8-1 with Ryan up. This year he comes into the race off a pound lower mark and in far better form. He won his last race comfortably at Ayr, which had been preceeded by an eye catching race here at Goodwood, where he is a C&D winner.

Ryan back on board and he is nearly twice the price of last year at 14s.

Suggest a little ew dabble.

Thanks Adzy.

We have exactly that, £20 EW @ 14/1 with Betfred, Boy in the Bar.

BET PLACED

Have you tried using paddy power? They are laying to lose £500 to anybody on big races now.   That explains how I can bet again with them.

No, never crossed my mind.

Thanks, I'll give them a try.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #136487 on: August 03, 2019, 01:22:50 PM »

1.50 Goodwood.

Last year in this race Boy in the Bar went off 8-1 with Ryan up. This year he comes into the race off a pound lower mark and in far better form. He won his last race comfortably at Ayr, which had been preceeded by an eye catching race here at Goodwood, where he is a C&D winner.

not for fred ...but sky going 7 places for this
DropTheHammer

View Profile
« Reply #136488 on: August 03, 2019, 01:43:25 PM »

1.50 Goodwood.

Cheers Adz, always nice to have an interest in the 365 offer races
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136489 on: August 04, 2019, 08:56:30 AM »

Not the best ride from Ryan who has had a very poor Goodwood.

The horse needs holding up but was in the van til 2 out and had done his stuff.

Let's try again next week and get a few more opinions going.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136490 on: August 04, 2019, 01:26:24 PM »

I've found one interesting spot for today's Hungarian GP;

Most team points - Mercedes at EVS with Ladbrokes.

Red Bull are the favourites in this market at a price of 4/5. In a normal race; Max Verstappen should finish 1st and Pierre Gasly should finish 6th, that's 33 points. Whereas the Mercedes drivers should finish 2nd & 3rd, which would also bring 33 points.

When you consider that Mercedes are more likely to get the fastest lap compared to Red Bull (Max Verstappen probably won't have an advantage big enough for an extra pit stop, and Pierre Gasly is just not fast enough right now), and also that it's quite possible Bottas or Hamilton could take the victory from Verstappen - especially with Red Bull's recent poor starts - then I make Mercedes the favourites.

Could Mercedes lose out to Ferrari and finish 4th or lower? I don't see it. Ferrari are are fundamentally not as fast this weekend, and that was demonstrated in qualifying. The gap between Hamilton (3rd) and Vettel (4th) was 0.274s, which is huge on a track like this.

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/formula-1/formula-1/world-championship/hungarian-grand-prix/228885140/

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136491 on: August 04, 2019, 04:19:34 PM »

I've found one interesting spot for today's Hungarian GP;

Most team points - Mercedes at EVS with Ladbrokes.

Red Bull are the favourites in this market at a price of 4/5. In a normal race; Max Verstappen should finish 1st and Pierre Gasly should finish 6th, that's 33 points. Whereas the Mercedes drivers should finish 2nd & 3rd, which would also bring 33 points.

When you consider that Mercedes are more likely to get the fastest lap compared to Red Bull (Max Verstappen probably won't have an advantage big enough for an extra pit stop, and Pierre Gasly is just not fast enough right now), and also that it's quite possible Bottas or Hamilton could take the victory from Verstappen - especially with Red Bull's recent poor starts - then I make Mercedes the favourites.

Could Mercedes lose out to Ferrari and finish 4th or lower? I don't see it. Ferrari are are fundamentally not as fast this weekend, and that was demonstrated in qualifying. The gap between Hamilton (3rd) and Vettel (4th) was 0.274s, which is huge on a track like this.

https://sports.ladbrokes.com/en-gb/betting/formula-1/formula-1/world-championship/hungarian-grand-prix/228885140/

Thought this bet was lost when Valtteri Bottas had a poor start and had to pit with damage. However, Lewis Hamilton drove unbelievably well today and took the victory to secure us a winning bet.

Mercedes scored 29, Red Bull scored 27.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136492 on: August 04, 2019, 05:14:29 PM »

Does Phil Foden get enough game time to become a factor in Young POTY?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136493 on: August 04, 2019, 05:50:44 PM »

Does Phil Foden get enough game time to become a factor in Young POTY?

This is a bet I've been pondering most of the summer, but I've just seen he's best price 16/1 now which has tumbled in recent weeks.
Ultimately no, I don't think he does. Which is a shame, cos I think it's quite a weak market generally. But I don't think 16s is anywhere close to value.

He'll probably get more game time than 18/19, but again in modest sized chunks rather than a proper run in the team. He's an incred talent and Pep really believes in him, but he's still a teenager and has incred talent in the way of his route to a regular first team spot.
Next season will be the one; David Silva leaving, possibly Fernandinho too and as it stands Gundogan will be out of contract. That's 3 big stumbling blocks potentially out of his way.

It will take a fair few injuries/loss of form for Foden to see enough game time to make him a genuine threat to YPOTY.

Best Bitter.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136494 on: August 04, 2019, 06:10:35 PM »

Good stuff.

I think you'd have to at least include Raheem as a cover bet in the main market. He'll be good for another 15+ goals and is now adfored by the same press rofflers who used to slate him. That counts for a lot.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136495 on: August 04, 2019, 06:20:37 PM »

Good stuff.

I think you'd have to at least include Raheem as a cover bet in the main market. He'll be good for another 15+ goals and is now adfored by the same press rofflers who used to slate him. That counts for a lot.

Yeah I think you can bet Sterling for goals and POTY pretty much every year going forward, he'll be there or thereabouts again on both fronts.

I assume Teeks has got on B.Silva in the POTY market, but the coy old duffer hasn't revealed which bets he's placed Smiley get well soon you coy old duffer. See you in Nottingham in 2 months.

Best Bitter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136496 on: August 04, 2019, 08:10:34 PM »

Hilarious stuff, well worth a read, including the comments;

Joe is a ‘courtsider’, a ‘pro gambler’ who relays information from live sports events directly to his partner who then gambles on outcomes that have already happened, before the bookies update their markets.
@LloydGriffith
 finds out why he does it, and how he gets away with it.

https://twitter.com/BBCNewsPR/status/1157939517741051904

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136497 on: August 04, 2019, 09:39:53 PM »

Haha.

Next thing we will see is a court full of long haired hippies all mumbling to themselves......brilliant.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #136498 on: August 04, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »

Haha.

Next thing we will see is a court full of long haired hippies all mumbling to themselves......brilliant.

Needs another good foot on that hair before he could match the ponytail of the king of horse racing 'courtsiders'!   Keep growing it kid.   The bookies can't be that hated if they afford you a tax free £350k a year living after exs.   
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136499 on: August 05, 2019, 07:14:15 PM »

Despite what Pep's been saying the PL is 100% a two-horse race. 1/3 1, 2 are the best possible EW terms and Liverpool EW at 11-4 with Hills and Baldy is pretty bombproof. Go for as much as you like.

Pages: 1 ... 9096 9097 9098 9099 [9100] 9101 9102 9103 9104 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: