blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9092 9093 9094 9095 [9096] 9097 9098 9099 9100 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443409 times)
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136425 on: July 28, 2019, 01:15:17 PM »

Two bet suggestions for the German GP;

1) Race Winner - Max Verstappen @ 3/1 with Bet Victor. I think there's a small amount of value here. The price is out of line with other bookies, the race will be at least partially wet (conditions which Max seems to thrive in). In addition, Lewis Hamilton has been feeling unwell for most of the weekend. He did get pole yesterday, but actually through the qualifying session he had more poor laps than good ones. This should be priced at 5/2.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/german-grand-prix/winner

2) Points Finish - George Russell @ 100/1 with various. Perhaps this is a bit punty, but 100/1 feels too high for a wet race in cars that no-one has driven in these conditions before. It's got to be worth £5. Lots of retirements needed for this to come in.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/german-grand-prix/points-finish

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136426 on: July 28, 2019, 01:42:30 PM »

An NFL bet, while we're in the punting mood.

Worst Overall Record (designated number 1 pick in next year's draft)

Cincinnati Bengals 9/1

I am aware we have some good contributors on here who are Bengals fans, so I am sorry to do this...

There's very little to like about the Bengals roster and I believe the division they're in is very tough (I think Baltimore are underrated FWIW).

The big issue is that offensive line. After years of "this is fine", the Bengals finally decided denial wasn't the best strategy and brought in talented guys to solve the problem. Then they got injured: 1st round pick (and one of my favourite players in the draft) Jonah Williams is done for the year and Clint Boling has retired.

In essence, the Bengals are starting where they finished and that simply isn't good enough for a team that has skill players who have delicate health.

The new offensive system will suit Andy Dalton's abilities before the snap but it will test his reading of defenses post-snap, which has often been a criticised area of his game. This smacks of old dog and new trick to me.

To cap it off, the team had to practice in a facility at the direction of the NFL, as part of the NFL's 100 year celebrations. It was supposedly the second choice and the team wasn't happy with the state of the pitch. Anyway, carry on lads and star wide receiver, AJ Green, goes down awkwardly on his ankle. He writhes in pain, throws his gumshield on the floor and is carted off the field.

Early indications is it's just a sprain and he will be ok, but this is the other leg to the one he injured last year and it's a sign that this great receiver is looking progressively mortal. In a contract year, any time out is a bitter blow for Green.

Things don't seem to be going the team's way and, whilst they have some very talented players, so do the other 31 teams.

The Bengals are 9/1 with bet365 and Redzone to finish bottom. They are one of about half a dozen realistic contenders, but I think they should be a bit shorter than this price.

Recommend £25 if we can.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136427 on: July 28, 2019, 01:45:53 PM »

topscorer EPL punts Che Adams is available at 200-1 in places other places have him as low as 80-1

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136428 on: July 28, 2019, 01:58:27 PM »

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/blog/2019/jan/16/talking-horses-racecourses-vow-to-ban-drone-giving-punters-an-edge-horse-racing-tips

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #136429 on: July 28, 2019, 02:04:55 PM »

can i give you a league one relegation bet?

Bury and Bolton start with negative points and both might go under. Most likely only two spots to go at

Oxford finished 12th last season

Been the subject of 3 winding up attempts by the stadium landlord

Having to sell Gavin Whyte to cardiff to head that off for now

Three loan players from last season had the chance to join them permanently, all declined

Absentee owner, already been paying staff late

No new squad investment. young free transfers only in https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oxford-united/transfers/verein/988

Double digit price

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-1/relegation

Ed Hawkins the cricket betting writer is a fan. summarises much of this in recent tweets https://twitter.com/cricketbetting

hate this market because you are essentially betting to 2 places rather than 4 as usual
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136430 on: July 28, 2019, 03:01:24 PM »

Cincinnati Bengals 9/1

I am aware we have some good contributors on here who are Bengals fans, so I am sorry to do this...

There's very little to like about the Bengals roster and I believe the division they're in is very tough (I think Baltimore are underrated FWIW).

The big issue is that offensive line. After years of "this is fine", the Bengals finally decided denial wasn't the best strategy and brought in talented guys to solve the problem. Then they got injured: 1st round pick (and one of my favourite players in the draft) Jonah Williams is done for the year and Clint Boling has retired.

In essence, the Bengals are starting where they finished and that simply isn't good enough for a team that has skill players who have delicate health.

The new offensive system will suit Andy Dalton's abilities before the snap but it will test his reading of defenses post-snap, which has often been a criticised area of his game. This smacks of old dog and new trick to me.

To cap it off, the team had to practice in a facility at the direction of the NFL, as part of the NFL's 100 year celebrations. It was supposedly the second choice and the team wasn't happy with the state of the pitch. Anyway, carry on lads and star wide receiver, AJ Green, goes down awkwardly on his ankle. He writhes in pain, throws his gumshield on the floor and is carted off the field.

Early indications is it's just a sprain and he will be ok, but this is the other leg to the one he injured last year and it's a sign that this great receiver is looking progressively mortal. In a contract year, any time out is a bitter blow for Green.

Things don't seem to be going the team's way and, whilst they have some very talented players, so do the other 31 teams.

The Bengals are 9/1 with bet365 and Redzone to finish bottom. They are one of about half a dozen realistic contenders, but I think they should be a bit shorter than this price.

Recommend £25 if we can.

I'd agree they should probably be shorter, but I'd be amazed if we finished with the no.1 pick. I think we'll be around 7-10 in no man's land again needing to trade up for one of the 3 or 4 good qbs coming through next year. For the value it may well be worth a go.

'Things don't seem to be going the teams way' definitely can't argue with that!

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136431 on: July 28, 2019, 03:02:51 PM »

topscorer EPL punts Che Adams is available at 200-1 in places other places have him as low as 80-1

PP 11-4 that he scores 10+ might be a better option.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136432 on: July 28, 2019, 04:59:49 PM »

1) Race Winner - Max Verstappen @ 3/1 with Bet Victor. I think there's a small amount of value here. The price is out of line with other bookies, the race will be at least partially wet (conditions which Max seems to thrive in). In addition, Lewis Hamilton has been feeling unwell for most of the weekend. He did get pole yesterday, but actually through the qualifying session he had more poor laps than good ones. This should be priced at 5/2.

2) Points Finish - George Russell @ 100/1 with various. Perhaps this is a bit punty, but 100/1 feels too high for a wet race in cars that no-one has driven in these conditions before. It's got to be worth £5. Lots of retirements needed for this to come in.

https://www.oddschecker.com/motorsport/formula-1/german-grand-prix/points-finish

That was one of the most exciting races of the modern era. Incredible stuff.

Max Verstappen did win the race. George Russell finished 13th, although a few investigations mean that he might well be promoted to 10th yet.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136433 on: July 28, 2019, 07:57:26 PM »

That was one of the most exciting races of the modern era. Incredible stuff.

Max Verstappen did win the race. George Russell finished 13th, although a few investigations mean that he might well be promoted to 10th yet.

Russell confirmed as finishing 11th, so close.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #136434 on: July 28, 2019, 08:00:24 PM »

Unlucky, Peter.

Not seen any of it, but sounds like it was chaos.

Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136435 on: July 28, 2019, 08:07:56 PM »

Unlucky, Peter.

Worth watching the highlights;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYHQmBULhLc

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #136436 on: July 28, 2019, 08:31:26 PM »

Cincinnati Bengals 9/1

Recommend £25 if we can.

I'd agree they should probably be shorter, but I'd be amazed if we finished with the no.1 pick. I think we'll be around 7-10 in no man's land again needing to trade up for one of the 3 or 4 good qbs coming through next year. For the value it may well be worth a go.

'Things don't seem to be going the teams way' definitely can't argue with that!

Green out 6-8 weeks with torn ligaments.

Not expected to make week 1.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #136437 on: July 29, 2019, 12:26:49 AM »

Unlucky, Peter.

Worth watching the highlights;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYHQmBULhLc

Ha! Carnage.

Rod Paradise

View Profile
« Reply #136438 on: July 29, 2019, 09:11:16 AM »

Drone law as it stands,
  • 50m from people or vehicles or properties not under pilot's control - but that could be 40m up, 10m horizontally away. Some pilots say you can overfly at over 50m above - but overflight is frowned on by the CAA, would need a test case.
  • 150m from a crowd of over 1000 - can't use Pythagoras much there with 400ft maximum drone flying height
Difficult to keep them away from the back straight going by those rules - although placing people and or vehicles around the perimeter of the property should in theory allow a complaint to be raised.

One solution for the courses where pilots fly in and out is getting accredited as airfields (don't know what that entails) - immediate 5km exclusion zone. From a  safety point of view not the worst idea.

May the bird of paradise fly up your nose, with a badger on its back.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136439 on: July 29, 2019, 09:34:12 AM »

Also, don't forget, the RP Football supplement is part of today's paper.

Pages: 1 ... 9092 9093 9094 9095 [9096] 9097 9098 9099 9100 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: