blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:16:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9097 9098 9099 9100 [9101] 9102 9103 9104 9105 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13330999 times)
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136500 on: August 05, 2019, 10:59:32 PM »

Newcastle to continue their shitshow charade right up until 25th December?

12/1 to be bottom on Xmas day....

Tottenham to be top London club looks dynamite at 5/4.
Arsenal, for all their attacking talents, have a lopsided squad with a distinctly average defence, whereas Chelsea have the ongoing issue of lacking someone decent leading the line, exacerbated by the loss of Hazard. Could be a long season for Fat Frank once the honeymoon period has finished, ala OGS at Salford.

Best Bitter.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136501 on: August 06, 2019, 09:52:28 AM »

Is Rooney a big enough factor to make Derby at 22/1 quite an attractive proposition for the Championship?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/winner?selectionName=derby

Best Bitter.
kukushkin88

View Profile
« Reply #136502 on: August 06, 2019, 11:11:22 AM »

Is Rooney a big enough factor to make Derby at 22/1 quite an attractive proposition for the Championship?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/championship/winner?selectionName=derby

I don’t have a view on the Championship market as a whole, although I am told by some good (betting) judges that the Swans will be poor. I really wouldn’t see Rooney joining as a positive, certainly not the coaching element of the role. It wouldn’t encourage me to bet them at that price.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #136503 on: August 06, 2019, 11:35:53 AM »

I don’t have a view on the Championship market as a whole, although I am told by some good (betting) judges that the Swans will be poor. I really wouldn’t see Rooney joining as a positive, certainly not the coaching element of the role. It wouldn’t encourage me to bet them at that price.

I dislike Rooney immensely for obvious reasons Smiley but having someone of that stature and experience in and around the squad has to be a good thing no?
Even at 33 and being in America for the last year, he's still gonna be head and shoulders above the average Championship defence.
Derby are often there or thereabouts anyway, this Rooney experiment will either work wonders or be an epic fail, but I'm leaning towards the former. Whether 22s represents good value I'm not entirely sure but my gut is thinking it's a tad on the large size.

Apparently they were excellent at Huddersfield last night too.

He won't join until January so it's a factor to consider, but if they are in the chasing pack it could be a good pick-me-up going into 2020.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 11:37:38 AM by hhyftrftdr » Logged

Best Bitter.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136504 on: August 06, 2019, 03:32:39 PM »

Don't think he's coming for the right reasons at all myself. Wouldn't make me want to back them either way.

Think Leeds could run away with it this season and annoyed at myself for not backing them off Scr on the handicap.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136505 on: August 06, 2019, 04:08:13 PM »

I dislike Rooney immensely for obvious reasons Smiley but having someone of that stature and experience in and around the squad has to be a good thing no?
Even at 33 and being in America for the last year, he's still gonna be head and shoulders above the average Championship defence.
Derby are often there or thereabouts anyway, this Rooney experiment will either work wonders or be an epic fail, but I'm leaning towards the former. Whether 22s represents good value I'm not entirely sure but my gut is thinking it's a tad on the large size.

Apparently they were excellent at Huddersfield last night too.

He won't join until January so it's a factor to consider, but if they are in the chasing pack it could be a good pick-me-up going into 2020.

They have a slump where they effectively throw away their chance of automatic promotion every Jan/Feb, so if you think the impact of him arriving will be good for moral or just give them a kick in the arse then it could prove useful for them. I think they're just bottlers though so not for me

Newportlad

View Profile
« Reply #136506 on: August 07, 2019, 08:53:04 AM »

Newcastle for relegation at 9/4 seems worth a bet.

Steve Bruce as a replacement for Rafa is hardly inspiring, and a season of despair for the Newcastle fans is looming.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136507 on: August 07, 2019, 09:52:27 AM »

Can You Beat The Bookies?

BBC1 tonight 10.35. Should be interesting.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #136508 on: August 07, 2019, 10:04:24 AM »

Newcastle for relegation at 9/4 seems worth a bet.

Steve Bruce as a replacement for Rafa is hardly inspiring, and a season of despair for the Newcastle fans is looming.

Suggested a while back when the odds were 5/1 (see below). Not really sure if I would be comfortable placing at 9/4. That seems about right to me, especially with the new signings.

thinking out loud

Leicester have signed Ayoze Perez. 12 goals last season. Newcastle's next highest scorer was a centre back. Was on a long term contract, so no compulsion to sell that i could tell

Benitez has gone

Ashley hasn't sold, and if he doesn't do so by end of August they can't strengthen to January

New manager? arteta is the favourite https://www.oddschecker.com/football/manager-specials/newcastle-utd/next-permanent-manager

Bottom end of the Premier league looks stronger this year i think. Norwich are a decent side, Villa will spend. Not too many Huddersfields and Cardiff's around. Question marks about Palace post Zaha, Brighton etc for sure, plus Sheff U should struggle

Newcastle 7/2 to go down? yes? too short? anything could happen?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/relegation

Peter27 put them up at 5/1 last week, but I don't know if that was a real price or just an oddschecker glitch (oddschecker had others at about 7/2, and I couldn't see betvictor from the States).  I can't be sure now, but weren't Newcastle bad on the stats and Bernitez ran good too?

Bergeroo put up player C at 3/1 in the tennis for highest in end year ATP rankings with BFSB.   I don't know if still available, but player A (1/6) is out at Wimbledon, and player C is looking good (2-0 up in sets and has been well on top, but likely a tiebreak in this one - see BBC2 for player C).

5/1 was real as I'm on it. There was a time when most bookies were 5/1 before I made the post.

Our defence was extremely organised under Benitez. However, the same players were dreadful pre-Benitez. I suppose it depends how the new manager sets them up, but in my mind they certainly won't be as good as under Rafa. We have one of the weakest squads in the EPL across the entire field. I don't see where the goals will come from, and I don't see how the defenders will be able to keep them out. Dubravka (GK) is the only position on the pitch I feel comfortable about. Feel like 7/2 does represent some value.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #136509 on: August 07, 2019, 10:26:38 AM »

Can You Beat The Bookies?

BBC1 tonight 10.35. Should be interesting.

Is this a one off chompy about the courtsiding tennis guy?   Or is it a multi part series?   I already saw the links on twitter and watched it on iplayer the other day.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #136510 on: August 07, 2019, 10:35:10 AM »

A one-off I think by mateyboy from Soccer AM.

Guess the courtside roffler is part of it.

What a night though, Jade Goody and then this.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #136511 on: August 07, 2019, 10:37:08 AM »

Decent dog punter from essex gets involved and takes him to Crayford and gives him 5 losers out of 5 bets.   On a total hiding to nothing going on this show as a pro punter.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136512 on: August 07, 2019, 10:39:20 AM »

Here's a taster.....

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
HutchGF

View Profile
« Reply #136513 on: August 07, 2019, 12:34:05 PM »

Why would any decent punter expose themself on national TV like this?

Am I missing something?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #136514 on: August 07, 2019, 02:50:05 PM »

https://www.racingpost.com/news/latest/bookmakers-take-quite-a-beating-in-bbc-betting-experiment-show/394231

Racing posts review of the show.   Several people i know got asked to appear on this show most declined.    Three letters probably sum up why you would appear.    E G O.  Doesn't really make sense for any other reason.   
Pages: 1 ... 9097 9098 9099 9100 [9101] 9102 9103 9104 9105 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: