blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 05, 2024, 09:02:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272889 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2313 2314 2315 2316 [2317] 2318 2319 2320 2321 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13567674 times)
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34740 on: March 20, 2013, 08:42:17 PM »

I was glad Wales won and backed them to do so. However the referee, Steve Walsh, is the only referee I have ever seen who I am convinced is biased against England. This comes from watching him over the years and not from last week.

Refereeing scrums is now so arbitrary as the standard of props, at the scrummage, is awful compared to 10 years ago. I will concede that the players are bigger and fitter but they are not, on the whole, technically good scrumagers. I would love to see competitive scrums being refereed properly, but if the reality is that we get these nonsense scrums then go the whole hog and have rugby league type scrums where penalties are not conceded.

Even if that were true Hector, do you not think it was unwise of Rowntree to speak out so publicly with what was clearly a hot head bearing in mind his role as Lions forwards coach?

England may have a case, but unhelpful to conduct it publically. Let the IRB do it privately.

On the one hand doing it publically appears sour grapes. On the other, its now a professional game and it does make sense to seek the clarification to enable the team to improve, so no problem with asking, as far as I am concerned

It didn't affect the result, at all, Wales were far superior and great to watch, but would be very surprised to see Walsh get an England game in the forseeable future

I just think it was misguided and moronic from Rowntree, who I've always viewed as a decent bloke.

He thinks he's attacking Steve Walsh, probably for similar reasons to Hector, but that's not how this will play in the press. And he should have realised that. It will play out as sour grapes and England v Wales.

It's already being linked to 'reports' of the Welsh admitting to collapsing the scrum. Reports by the PA I note nobody picked up on, so are likely rubbish.

I suppose its not a lot different from the Welsh laying into Rolland after WC 2011.

Rolland and Walsh both more interested in themselves than the game, on many occasions

I agree with you on both of those points btw

I read this earlier but was in work so couldn't really reply.

Not sure where Rowntree is coming from. Most of the penalties and free kicks at the scrum were either because Youngs (the scrum half) was delaying the feed or Youngs (the hooker) wasn't hooking the ball cleanly and the Welsh were able to get a drive on because he was still in the air and the second rows were trying to get the ball back to Wood. If Wales were collapsing the scrum and England were being penalised it's up to the English front row to hold their opponents up. Neither Cole or Marler were able to do this. Furthermore, Youngs (the hooker) was not setting straight and Adam Jones was able to drive between him and Cole forcing them to pop out of the scrum.

Also not sure why Lancaster is querying Ken Owens involvement in the first try? He was the tackler and had every right to contest that ball. I'm not sure what point Lancaster is trying to make.

I've also been thinking about Warburton again. If he declined the Welsh Captaincy to concentrate on his game, which obviously paid huge dividends, why would Gatland want to burden him with the captaincy of the Lions?

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #34741 on: March 20, 2013, 08:46:01 PM »

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2013/mar/20/doctor-sports-drugs-case?CMP=twt_fd

names could shake up the game a bit
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34742 on: March 20, 2013, 08:48:09 PM »

I can almost hear the sound of beans being spilled.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34743 on: March 20, 2013, 08:50:59 PM »

Carlsen drew today, which is fine. Aronian is fighting to save the game against Kramnik and that would be very interesting, as a win for Kramnik means our man goes half a point clear in the lead.

Small edges and all that.

Good stuff.

Is the "crosstable" (the what?) in this accurate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2013#Candidates_Tournament

Yes. The crosstable is just a way of showing who has played who so far and how they got on. A player's results is shown by the horizontal scores, so Carlsen has drawn with Aronian, Kramnik and Ivanchuk and beaten Grischuk and Gelfand.

Aronian hung on and managed to draw against Kramnik (who has drawn all five of his games so far; can't seem to seal the proverbial deal, yet).

So our man and Aronian are joint leaders.

If you prefer it this way, after 5/14 games:

Aronian 3½
Carlsen 3½
Svidler 3
Kramnik 2½
Radjabov 2½
Grischuk 2
Ivanchuk 1½
Gelfand 1½

Tomorrow is (White first):

Svidler v Carlsen
Kramnik v Ivanchuk
Grischuk v Gelfand
Radjabov v Aronian

This is probably make or break for Kramnik, even at this stage of the tournament. He must win games like White against an out of form Ivanchuk and make up some ground on the top two.

Aronian is playing well and that is obviously a danger. I'll do a review at the weekend and we can perhaps look at predicting a result or two in individual games.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34744 on: March 20, 2013, 08:56:46 PM »

Some real dicks in this world.

Bet they didn't even watch the Budget, poring over every word...like what we did.

Number 9 made me laugh.

Interesting to note only one of the abusive tweets they published was from a woman.

Representative or not?

I'd imagine it is more reflective of it being mainly men who are so driven as to post gratuitously offensive insults directly to a senior member of Her Majesty's government. However slimy and evil you think he is, I imagine he dwells under a significantly less repugnant rock than those people.

This, however, was funny on its own:

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34745 on: March 20, 2013, 09:04:03 PM »

Carlsen drew today, which is fine. Aronian is fighting to save the game against Kramnik and that would be very interesting, as a win for Kramnik means our man goes half a point clear in the lead.

Small edges and all that.

Good stuff.

Is the "crosstable" (the what?) in this accurate?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_2013#Candidates_Tournament

Yes. The crosstable is just a way of showing who has played who so far and how they got on. A player's results is shown by the horizontal scores, so Carlsen has drawn with Aronian, Kramnik and Ivanchuk and beaten Grischuk and Gelfand.

Aronian hung on and managed to draw against Kramnik (who has drawn all five of his games so far; can't seem to seal the proverbial deal, yet).

So our man and Aronian are joint leaders.

If you prefer it this way, after 5/14 games:

Aronian 3½
Carlsen 3½
Svidler 3
Kramnik 2½
Radjabov 2½
Grischuk 2
Ivanchuk 1½
Gelfand 1½

Tomorrow is (White first):

Svidler v Carlsen
Kramnik v Ivanchuk
Grischuk v Gelfand
Radjabov v Aronian

This is probably make or break for Kramnik, even at this stage of the tournament. He must win games like White against an out of form Ivanchuk and make up some ground on the top two.

Aronian is playing well and that is obviously a danger. I'll do a review at the weekend and we can perhaps look at predicting a result or two in individual games.

Thanks Simon.

For me, this bet, & the like, are easily my favourite. Lots of mileage, updates, protracted sweat, & unless our man makes a mis-step, we have very much the best of it as to value.

Quite surprised at the Prize Money, too, much more than I realised. Where does that Prize Money come from? Sponsors?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34746 on: March 20, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »

I'd imagine it is more reflective of it being mainly men who are so driven as to post gratuitously offensive insults directly to a senior member of Her Majesty's government. However slimy and evil you think he is, I imagine he dwells under a significantly less repugnant rock than those people.

Brilliant.

Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34747 on: March 20, 2013, 09:08:45 PM »

That has been dragging on for a few weeks now. I seem to remember a high profile Spanish tennis player name mentioned. A few Dutch cyclists, approaching the end of their career, have preempted any names being named & admitted using the Doctors services.

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #34748 on: March 20, 2013, 09:11:43 PM »

Not sure why anyone feels the need to give them their 5 minutes.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #34749 on: March 20, 2013, 09:32:14 PM »

Some real dicks in this world.

Bet they didn't even watch the Budget, poring over every word...like what we did.

Number 9 made me laugh.

Interesting to note only one of the abusive tweets they published was from a woman.

Representative or not?

This, however, was funny on its own:

That picture is my new desktop background

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34750 on: March 20, 2013, 10:48:25 PM »

Thanks Simon.

For me, this bet, & the like, are easily my favourite. Lots of mileage, updates, protracted sweat, & unless our man makes a mis-step, we have very much the best of it as to value.

Quite surprised at the Prize Money, too, much more than I realised. Where does that Prize Money come from? Sponsors?

Yes. The players won't be paying a penny to be there.

The main sponsor is the State oil company of Azerbaijan. They had the right to choose a wildcard entry to the tournament and that is why Radjabov is playing. It could have been one of a few players and, in fairness, Radjabov is a worthy entry.

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34751 on: March 20, 2013, 10:54:09 PM »

Also worth pointing out that, in addition to the prize money, the person who comes first has the right to challenge for the world title.

Last time (when Anand defended his title against Gelfand), the prize fund was $2.55m and, historically, that is spilt 60/40 between winner and loser, meaning it could well be a million dollar payday for the winner of the Candidates' Tournament.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #34752 on: March 21, 2013, 01:14:19 AM »

He's only 1/2 with Sky and 8/13 with 365

Shame he's not 1/10, if you're confident he won't leave Brighton you can punt anyone else you fancy at a decent price.

Yep, was probably a bit harsh in this case but I'd been reading Skybet's name repeatedly quoted in "news" stories around the internet about Poyet going to Reading.

I have no inside info and I have no clue who will get the job.

I do know I would have had a treble maximum on Poyet not getting the job at 6/1 when Skybet were quoting 1/10 he did.

If bookmakers were forced to lay both sides of a prop like this, their odds would be a great deal more realistic.

I'd say only a bit at most though and the markets are so volatile I've seen someone be cut from 25-10 within a minute of placing a bet. Granted I'm not the only person betting I imagine, but it's funny refreshing oddschecker to see them tumble after I've bet someone.

They love releasing the 'We've had a huge amount of money for x to get the job'. When iin reality it only takes about £20 to move the price and they won't lay you to win anymore than £5 on a price over 33/1 and normally will only lay you to win between 1-200 at smaller odds.

Good fun to follow though, but very tilting when you see Ince appointed after you've piled into Thommo over a number of weeks for the Blackpool job on the basis nobody else wants it!

gherkin

View Profile
« Reply #34753 on: March 21, 2013, 02:10:41 AM »

Can't find massive amounts of value in the 3rd test later tonight but I have a small bet on each of these if you are interested... 

Bell Top England Batsman - looks a touch over priced at 5/1 given he will bat at 4 in Pietersen's absence

McCullum to score 50 or more - Same bet as I suggested last time around, seems a good price (2/1) given he is in some of the best form of his life (and he is very much a hot or cold player) - he has achieved this in each of his last 5 innings and England continue to struggle bowling against him

Dean Brownlie Top NZ Batsman - nice outside bet at 8/1.  He's top scored in 2 of his 19 test innings so far and has been their 2nd top scorer on a further 5 occasions, showing he is certainly capable.  I noticed in his cricinfo interview he mentioned that the Eden Park pitch favours his style of batting - no idea if this is true or not but it can't harm the bet.  The only negative to this is Anderson seems to have his number so far in the series

None amazing but all +EV IMO
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34754 on: March 21, 2013, 07:23:00 AM »

Can't find massive amounts of value in the 3rd test later tonight but I have a small bet on each of these if you are interested... 

Bell Top England Batsman - looks a touch over priced at 5/1 given he will bat at 4 in Pietersen's absence

McCullum to score 50 or more - Same bet as I suggested last time around, seems a good price (2/1) given he is in some of the best form of his life (and he is very much a hot or cold player) - he has achieved this in each of his last 5 innings and England continue to struggle bowling against him

Dean Brownlie Top NZ Batsman - nice outside bet at 8/1.  He's top scored in 2 of his 19 test innings so far and has been their 2nd top scorer on a further 5 occasions, showing he is certainly capable.  I noticed in his cricinfo interview he mentioned that the Eden Park pitch favours his style of batting - no idea if this is true or not but it can't harm the bet.  The only negative to this is Anderson seems to have his number so far in the series

None amazing but all +EV IMO

Thanks Mr G.

We were very pleased indeed with the McCullum bet you gave us on the 2nd Test, thank you.

I'll have a look at these three suggestions shortly. "None amazing but all +ev" suggests we should take a small interest in all three, & hope we can get at least one of them home.

We are of course already on Anderson (Top England Series Bowler) & Trott (Top England Series Batter), so for a small outlay, we have plenty of potential fun over the next 4 or 5 days.

Pages: 1 ... 2313 2314 2315 2316 [2317] 2318 2319 2320 2321 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: