blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:52:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2318 2319 2320 2321 [2322] 2323 2324 2325 2326 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13439603 times)
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #34815 on: March 21, 2013, 10:47:16 PM »

Scores tied with 4:08 left uh oh
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #34816 on: March 21, 2013, 10:49:15 PM »

The blues dont seem to have missed a shot for 5 mins!   Gonzaga just nailed a nice 3 though Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34817 on: March 21, 2013, 10:52:41 PM »

Bad toss to win in the cricket. Looked quick and grassy, playing flatter than a pancake

Brownlie and McCullum might not bat for a while....

Anderson can't swing it in this weather, and the pitch won't break up (drop in pitches don't)

The draw has gone 7/4, and that is a very fair price

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34818 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »

Poyet turns down Reading

Adkins the suggestion now

My eyes are open wide
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #34819 on: March 21, 2013, 10:59:21 PM »

gonzaga scrape through Smiley
Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #34820 on: March 21, 2013, 10:59:35 PM »

Zags get there by 6
moonandback

View Profile
« Reply #34821 on: March 21, 2013, 11:00:29 PM »

64 - 58 zags a bit too close for comfort, southern played awfully well though.

its better that i have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #34822 on: March 21, 2013, 11:20:40 PM »

Go Zags!

Those names will never stop amusing me, so I do apologise for giving you all eye-rolling-related RSIs.

I was reminded of a feature Mark and Lard used to do on Radio 1 as two American Sports summarizers:

http://ohluckyyou.namwollem.co.uk/asn.htm

The one from 2002 is a particular fave. Essentially, they come up with ridiculous names for teams and get away with murder in making names somewhat risqué.

That's Butch Schlong and Snatch Friggett, broadcasting from W.A.N.K. Cincinnati.

You get the picture.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
ripple11

View Profile
« Reply #34823 on: March 21, 2013, 11:53:02 PM »

N1 bazza

thumbs up
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #34824 on: March 22, 2013, 07:20:09 AM »

Bad toss to win in the cricket. Looked quick and grassy, playing flatter than a pancake

Anderson can't swing it in this weather, and the pitch won't break up (drop in pitches don't)

Yeah the ball did next to nothing all day, would be very surprised if isn't a draw. Which is annoying as I am in nz for the whole tour and the cricket itself has been very insipid when it hasn't rained.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34825 on: March 22, 2013, 07:52:53 AM »

Yeah the ball did next to nothing all day, would be very surprised if isn't a draw. Which is annoying as I am in nz for the whole tour and the cricket itself has been very insipid when it hasn't rained.

At 250-1 at close it worked out as written above. Partially with the benefit of hindsight, inserting the opposition was a poor decision, but the pitch fooled both captains and pundits

Pretty terrible day for the thread's bets. When Block-it Fulton scores a hundred, you know your bets on numbers 5 and 6 to top score are in trouble!

the draw is now 4/11 best. 

My eyes are open wide
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #34826 on: March 22, 2013, 07:55:39 AM »

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/international/croatia-vs-serbia-the-rematch-memories-of-riots-battles-and-war-crimes-8544821.html

shame there is no bookings market for this Smiley

an extract from the above

"In 1991, as war was breaking out, the pair were involved in an altercation during a game between Mihajlovic’s Red Star Belgrade and Stimac’s Hajduk Split, during which the Croatian allegedly told the Serb he hoped all his family would be killed in the conflict.

After a number of subsequent vicious challenges, both players were sent off. Stimac denies making the comments, but the pair continued public sniping for years afterwards, with Mihajlovic saying that Stimac was “the only person I could strangle with my bare hands”.

Mihajlovic also played in Zagreb in 1999 for a Yugoslavia team that met Croatia for a place in the European Championships, and nearly caused a riot after crossing himself in front of a banner that read “Vukovar 1991”.

The game finished in a draw, and he says the opportunity to relive that atmosphere was one of the main reasons he agreed to do his current job. “I’d willingly give up three years of my life to be able to play in it,” he says

While both coaches have been under pressure from Uefa and Fifa to calm tensions, neither has been particularly helpful. Stimac travelled to the home town of Croatian general Ante Gotovina in November to celebrate the soldier’s release from prison in The Hague, after the appeals court of the tribunal into the Yugoslav wars found him not guilty of war crimes and crimes against humanity. Stimac announced that he wanted Gotovina to come on to the pitch and kick the ball before the game with Serbia, a proposal that was unsurprisingly abandoned."

fair to say could be a bit lively

the referee is C. ÇAKΙR (yes the nani ref)

here is his profile

http://uk.soccerway.com/referees/cuneyt-cakir/92755/matches/

seems an interesting choice of referee for such a hostile game he is hardly card shy

the only fixed odds market i can find is on betfair will there be a sending off?

not much liquidity about but 6-4 could be there later this is obviously a fair bit shorter than usual but is still tempting

can anybody find any bookings markets at all for the game? even the spreads boys have ducked it Smiley
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:03:44 AM by horseplayer » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34827 on: March 22, 2013, 08:17:01 AM »

Wow, grand Post horsey, but guess we will struggle to get on.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #34828 on: March 22, 2013, 08:19:45 AM »

i think i have found an angle of sorts but need to do a bit more research on the market involved as its not one i have backed in before
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34829 on: March 22, 2013, 08:21:02 AM »

At 250-1 at close it worked out as written above. Partially with the benefit of hindsight, inserting the opposition was a poor decision, but the pitch fooled both captains and pundits

Pretty terrible day for the thread's bets. When Block-it Fulton scores a hundred, you know your bets on numbers 5 and 6 to top score are in trouble!

the draw is now 4/11 best. 

Yesterday was the nut worst day for me, & that puts the lid on it, missing 7/4, but nowt I could do, I was working.

Got home from work at around 1am & watched it until "Tea", realised then that it killed a lot of our bets. Guess McCullum could still knock a quick 50, assuming he ever gets to the crease.

The Test look likes being a Fred disaster, but these things happen, & we have been sensible with the stakes.

The Mistress of Variance was due to pay us a visit.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 08:46:03 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Pages: 1 ... 2318 2319 2320 2321 [2322] 2323 2324 2325 2326 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: