blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:16:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6089 6090 6091 6092 [6093] 6094 6095 6096 6097 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13446237 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #91380 on: November 28, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

A six times World Champion was crowned yesterday.

Name the Sport?

Surfing or kite surfing?  Just looking at the sponsors logos.  

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #91381 on: November 28, 2014, 12:22:23 PM »

Click to see full-size image.

A six times World Champion was crowned yesterday.

Name the Sport?

Surfing or kite surfing?  Just looking at the sponsors logos.  

Surfing is correct Doobs, cool points for you dude!

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91382 on: November 28, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »

On Boxnation this Saturday Derek Chisora is in a re-match with Tyson Fury. When this fight got made it looked like a cynical cash cow of a fight for the Furies after the David Haye pay days fell through. Fury comfortably beat Chisora by UD before, to fight him again looked a backwards step. Well, it did until it later became an eliminator to challenge Wladimir.   

Chisora has repeatedly came up short against the big boys and as the saying goes, a good big guy beats a good small guy. For some reason the KO is a favourite but there's no reason Fury won't settle for the tried and tested method ofa points victory by picking him off at range and nulfying his work up close.

Rec £33 on Fury by UD http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/tyson-fury-v-dereck-chisora/final-judgement

Event Information:    Tyson Fury v Dereck Chisora
Upcoming Fights
2014-11-29 22:00:00
Market:    Final Judgement
Selection:    Tyson Fury - Unanimous Decision @ 11/4

Receipt No.:    O/142640973/0000789
Placed at:    12:14 28/11/2014
Bet Type:    Single
Stake Per Line:    £30.00
Number of lines:    1
Stake:    £30.00
Tax:    £0.00
Tax Rate:    0.00%
Total Paid:    £30.00

£112.50

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91383 on: November 28, 2014, 12:46:12 PM »

one for the nfl boys.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more teams in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two teams
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the teams).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

head to head as the first tie breaker question.  If the teams split the games does it go onto tie breaker 2 automatically or does points difference between the two games count?  I have always assumed points difference is not used given the massive list of tie breakers wouldn't ever be needed but i am not sure.

no points difference is not a tie breaker

you can see from the order of the breakers the importance of divisional games given that you'll get identical W-L records in at least a couple of divisions every year

This for example is very good news for the Eagles currently in their division

Its less good news for the Packers currently, who lost to Detroit earlier in the season. Detroit can go to lambeau last game of the season a game behind green bay and win the division by beating them, and tie-ing the W-L record

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #91384 on: November 28, 2014, 02:33:30 PM »

one for the nfl boys.

TO BREAK A TIE WITHIN A DIVISION
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more teams in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two teams
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the teams).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
5. Strength of victory.
6. Strength of schedule.

head to head as the first tie breaker question.  If the teams split the games does it go onto tie breaker 2 automatically or does points difference between the two games count?  I have always assumed points difference is not used given the massive list of tie breakers wouldn't ever be needed but i am not sure.

no points difference is not a tie breaker

you can see from the order of the breakers the importance of divisional games given that you'll get identical W-L records in at least a couple of divisions every year

This for example is very good news for the Eagles currently in their division

Its less good news for the Packers currently, who lost to Detroit earlier in the season. Detroit can go to lambeau last game of the season a game behind green bay and win the division by beating them, and tie-ing the W-L record

What are common games?  What's the difference between those and division records?  Surely there cant be many games outside of your division where you play the same team given there are only 16 games in total and 6 are divisional games?

So if Dallas and Eages have both played NE for example.  Dallas at home and Eagles away surely that doesn't count as a common game as home advantage is massive??
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 02:51:35 PM by arbboy » Logged
Eddycadub

View Profile
« Reply #91385 on: November 28, 2014, 02:58:01 PM »

I believe each division is matched up against 2 other divisions, so there will be 8 common games, but home/away will be different for many.
So for example this season the NFC West plays all of the NFC East and AFC West, but I'm unsure how the other 2 games each team plays is decided.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 03:04:37 PM by Eddycadub » Logged
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #91386 on: November 28, 2014, 03:13:18 PM »

I believe each division is matched up against 2 other divisions, so there will be 8 common games, but home/away will be different for many.
So for example this season the NFC West plays all of the NFC East and AFC West, but I'm unsure how the other 2 games each team plays is decided.

I assume they only play each team once, rather than twice, in these two divisions.  Seems a harsh tie breaker as it is not a level playing field (ie you don't play each team home and away)  Sure tighty will confirm.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #91387 on: November 28, 2014, 03:48:36 PM »

seems you are right.  Eagles and Cowboys are both 5-2 against common teams outside their division as it stands with one game left each against common teams.  (eagles v seattle and cowboys v Indy) 
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #91388 on: November 28, 2014, 03:54:09 PM »

Bengals@Tampa bay...Might be the kiss of death but I think finally Marvin Lewis is understanding clock management and field position.With special teams and defense now performing to a reasonably high standard if Cincy run the ball 30+ times they will win.Liking bengals -4.5 6/5 with pp.
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91389 on: November 28, 2014, 03:54:42 PM »

Think Curtis did a write up on how the fixtures work on a nfl thread last season I can remember reading it

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Eddycadub

View Profile
« Reply #91390 on: November 28, 2014, 04:10:53 PM »

Bengals@Tampa bay...Might be the kiss of death but I think finally Marvin Lewis is understanding clock management and field position.With special teams and defense now performing to a reasonably high standard if Cincy run the ball 30+ times they will win.Liking bengals -4.5 6/5 with pp.

I think if you're going to take -4.5, you may as well take -5.5, with the way points scoring works in american football, winning by 5 points is somewhat rare, whereas winning by 6 (2 fg's) is a bit more common. Having said that the difference in odds between -4.5 and -5.5 will likely be pretty small so not sure how useful this comment is overall lol
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #91391 on: November 28, 2014, 04:13:48 PM »

Roy keane leaves villa

Not sure if that makes more lambert more vulnerable or not

Lambert signed a contract extension in September after Villas good start. Their fixtures are kinder now until February and Benteke will be back soon. I think he'll be okay.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29245446
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #91392 on: November 28, 2014, 04:22:30 PM »

Roy keane leaves villa

Not sure if that makes more lambert more vulnerable or not

Lambert signed a contract extension in September after Villas good start. Their fixtures are kinder now until February and Benteke will be back soon. I think he'll be okay.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29245446

Agree the club is up for sale by the yank owner.  There is no way he ships out Lambert (pays him off massively) then signs a new gaffer on a multi year contract and gives him a transfer budget.  Then new owner comes in and wants his own man to manage the club.  Lambert is very unlikely to be sacked imo unless the owner reverses his decision to sell the club.  Think he is a cracking lay to be next gaffer sacked imo at his current price. 
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #91393 on: November 28, 2014, 04:32:57 PM »

On Boxnation this Saturday Derek Chisora is in a re-match with Tyson Fury. When this fight got made it looked like a cynical cash cow of a fight for the Furies after the David Haye pay days fell through. Fury comfortably beat Chisora by UD before, to fight him again looked a backwards step. Well, it did until it later became an eliminator to challenge Wladimir.   

Chisora has repeatedly came up short against the big boys and as the saying goes, a good big guy beats a good small guy. For some reason the KO is a favourite but there's no reason Fury won't settle for the tried and tested method ofa points victory by picking him off at range and nulfying his work up close.

Rec £33 on Fury by UD http://www.oddschecker.com/boxing/tyson-fury-v-dereck-chisora/final-judgement

Event Information:    Tyson Fury v Dereck Chisora
Upcoming Fights
2014-11-29 22:00:00
Market:    Final Judgement
Selection:    Tyson Fury - Unanimous Decision @ 11/4

Receipt No.:    O/142640973/0000789
Placed at:    12:14 28/11/2014
Bet Type:    Single
Stake Per Line:    £30.00
Number of lines:    1
Stake:    £30.00
Tax:    £0.00
Tax Rate:    0.00%
Total Paid:    £30.00

£112.50

Well that line moved quickly. There's still plenty of legs in this at 11/4, 2-1 on points is also fine.

The controversial Irish bookie also have 3-1 UD that can be found under 'exact method of victory'.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #91394 on: November 28, 2014, 05:01:56 PM »

I assume they only play each team once, rather than twice, in these two divisions.  Seems a harsh tie breaker as it is not a level playing field (ie you don't play each team home and away)  Sure tighty will confirm.

strength of schedules can be different

each season a team plays

6 games against its division - each team home and away

4 games against another division in its conference, 2 home and 2 way

4 games against another division in the other conference, 2 home and 2 away

2 games against the team in the other divisions in its conference that finished in the same spot ion their division as you last year

so the common games are the 8 games you play against the two common divisions

this year the AFC North plays the NFC South for example, which is dire. the AFC North teams have won all 9 games against the other division. Al have 7-4 or 7-3-1 records which is an anomaly but luck of the draw

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 6089 6090 6091 6092 [6093] 6094 6095 6096 6097 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: