blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 08, 2024, 12:07:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272928 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6210 6211 6212 6213 [6214] 6215 6216 6217 6218 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13576444 times)
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #93195 on: December 30, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »

Irvine sacked. Anyone had him first to go?

Yep, me.  Roll Eyes

Surely that pays out ahead of Pardew, who hasn't officially left the club yet?

I missed the boat, sadly, having had some information that West Brom was waiting for this weekend's match before moving him on. He had been told he was off whatever, essentially. Can only surmise they have had a quicker route to a replacement than anticipated.

Warnock beat Irvine by 3 days. So a loser, he was odds on for about 2 weeks too for extra rubs
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #93196 on: December 30, 2014, 11:48:20 AM »

John Carver and Steve Stone will be in charge for Newcastle's next two matches, not Beardsley unforch 

Click to see full-size image.

Was Colocinni widely considered management material before now?

It is reported that Pardew doubles his salary with his move. Is this evidence that Ashley is looking for a cheap option?

If he's doubling his salary with a move to Palace he must have been one of the lowest-paid managers in the league, do we know how much he was paid at Newcastle?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93197 on: December 30, 2014, 11:54:59 AM »

We have £50 at 20-1 and £20 at 50-1 Bunting for the PDC

What? HOW MUCH?

Remind me, Tighty, who gave us those, & when?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93198 on: December 30, 2014, 11:59:59 AM »

Ignore my previous.

Our first bet on Bunting, @ 50/1, which is also the oldest bet in the Fred book, was from Omm, all the way back in January.

We then topped up at 20/1 in November, down to ArgueBoy.

Top work lads, early days yet, but cracking bets, thank you.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #93199 on: December 30, 2014, 01:21:07 PM »

Irvine sacked. Anyone had him first to go?

Yep, me.  Roll Eyes

Surely that pays out ahead of Pardew, who hasn't officially left the club yet?

I missed the boat, sadly, having had some information that West Brom was waiting for this weekend's match before moving him on. He had been told he was off whatever, essentially. Can only surmise they have had a quicker route to a replacement than anticipated.

He was still odds on, before the Palace news broke, and most bookies were only going 6/5 when Pardew was massive odds on.

Sky went 10/1, but the amounts they'll lay you, he might as well have been even money, too.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #93200 on: December 30, 2014, 01:30:24 PM »

John Carver and Steve Stone will be in charge for Newcastle's next two matches, not Beardsley unforch 

Was Colocinni widely considered management material before now?

It is reported that Pardew doubles his salary with his move. Is this evidence that Ashley is looking for a cheap option?

If he's doubling his salary with a move to Palace he must have been one of the lowest-paid managers in the league, do we know how much he was paid at Newcastle?

It was reported a few weeks ago that Ally McCoist had a bigger package at Rangers than Pardew at Newcastle.  Don't know what that equates to.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #93201 on: December 30, 2014, 01:35:09 PM »

McCoist was on 750k a year. 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #93202 on: December 30, 2014, 01:38:04 PM »

Going to be incredibly sick if Sherwood takes the WBA job!

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93203 on: December 30, 2014, 04:12:04 PM »

For those like me sweating Aarons Rodgers and Donald in the NFL awards this was a good read

Rodgers tops MVP and more notably, for us, Donald tops defensive rookie of the year voting by this panel of 50 by a fair way

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/12/30/nfl-awards-mvp-rookie-coach/

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #93204 on: December 30, 2014, 04:23:26 PM »

For those like me sweating Aarons Rodgers and Donald in the NFL awards this was a good read

Rodgers tops MVP and more notably, for us, Donald tops defensive rookie of the year voting by this panel of 50 by a fair way

I've been trawling the net most days, in search of articles on Donald and the DROY race.

Most of the stuff I've read has been saying how great he has been, but none of it directly pertaining to the award.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93205 on: December 30, 2014, 04:34:07 PM »

End of Year basketball ante-post round up

Book size: £955

Teams

basketball   nba championship   cavaliers   9/2   50            
basketball   NBA Championship   Cavaliers   7/2   100            £50 e/w 1/2 1,2

Currently the 5th seed in the Eastern conference, 3.5 games behind chicago in their division

LeBron James turns 30 today, by the way

basketball    NBA - Atlantic Division 2014/15    Toronto Raptors   5/6   100   
basketball   NBA Championship   Toronto Raptors   66/1   20            £10 e/w 1/2 1,2

Toronto are top of the Eastern-Atlantic with a 24-7 record and have the best record in the conference and would be top seeds for the play-offs.

No less than 9 games clear in their Division

basketball    NBA - Southwest Division 2014/15    Dallas Mavericks   10/1   10   

The Western-South west division is very tough. the Mavs are 2nd in it with a 22-10 record, number five seeds in the conference and only one game off the division lead

basketball    NBA - Southwest Division 2014/15    San Antonio Spurs   1.83   60   

in the same division the Spurs are 4th with a 19-13 record and currently 7th play-off seeds in the conference, four games off the division lead

basketball   NBA Championship   Chicago Bulls   8/1   40            £20 e/w 1/2 1,2

The Bulls lead in Cleveland's division and have been in great form winning 9 out of the last 10 and currently 4th seeds in their conference

basketball   NBA Championship   LA Clippers   12/1   40            £20 e/w 1/2 1,2

The Clippers (21-11) are second in the Western-Pacific behind the team with the best record in the NBA currently, the Golden State Warriors (24-5). The Clippers are currently the 6th seed in the conference

basketball   NBA Northwestern division   Portland Trailblazers   10/11   55

Portland are TEN games clear in the Western-Northwest with a 25-7 record

basketball   NCAA Basketball   Duke   10/1   5            
basketball   NCAA Basketball   Duke   10/1   5            
basketball   NCAA Basketball   Duke   10   10   

Duke are unbeaten with an 12-0 record see http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/team/schedule/_/id/150/duke-blue-devils

Currently nationally ranked 2nd, behind Kentucky

players

basketball   nba season most assists   Rajan Rondo   5/2   200            £100 e/w 1/5 1,2,3 (£80 e/w sonour)

running at 10.3 assists per game, second in the averages. His assists rate has slowed slightly since his trade to the mavericks

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/assists/sort/avgAssists/year/2015/seasontype/2

basketball   NBA MVP   A Davies   6/1   30

currently 3rd in scoring average and second in MVP voting in the NBA

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game

basketball   NBA - Rookie of the Year 2014/15   Nerlens Noel   10/1   40            
basketball   NBA Rookie of the year   wiggins   7.0   20   
basketball   nba rookie of the year   wiggins   7.0   80

Wiggins remains a short odds-on favourite for this title. He leads all rookies in scoring

http://espn.go.com/nba/statistics/player/_/stat/scoring-per-game/sort/avgPoints/position/rookies

I think it is safe to say the EV of this portfolio currently exceeds £955

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #93206 on: December 30, 2014, 04:35:38 PM »

I've been trawling the net most days, in search of articles on Donald and the DROY race.

Most of the stuff I've read has been saying how great he has been, but none of it directly pertaining to the award.

no one really knows until its announced, there are 50 voters, all journalists, but i feel we are in a flip Donald versus Khalil Mack

the report i linked includes 8 people who will vote in the AP awards, but it doesn't tell you for Donald how they voted

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #93207 on: December 30, 2014, 04:39:02 PM »

no one really knows until its announced, there are 50 voters, all journalists, but i feel we are in a flip Donald versus Khalil Mack

the report i linked includes 8 people who will vote in the AP awards, but it doesn't tell you for Donald how they voted

They've all been a great sweat, and I've definitely watched more NFL this season, than any other before!

The looks I get, when I have games on all 3 screens at my desk on a Sunday night...

Probably saved me money, because I can't play poker while the NFL is on Cheesy

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #93208 on: December 30, 2014, 05:23:37 PM »

Think thread should be looking to take some big price punts on next Manager of The Delusional Army.

We know what a great businessman Mike Ashley is so he will go for the cheapest man remotely qualified to do the job.

This makes the following seemingly unlikely candidates :

Bruce is fav but would cost an initial compo payment and I'd imagine he's better paid at Hull then we would offer.

I believe Tim Sherwood turned down WBA because they wouldn't let him bring his staff with him, I'd expect this to be a stumbling block.

The Local Rag says Colo was never in the frame and the recent price move on Worthington is false rumours.

Pulis seems no chance since he will want full control which he won't get and a decent salary, gl with that.

Still leaves a bit of a minefied to get thru, but because of they above I think the following are maybe worth a flutter :

£10 @ 20/1 Christophe Galtier BV - May fancy a shot at the prem and salary may just be in reach.

£5 @ 20/1 on Carver seems a decent cover bet for Beardsley as inside recruitment is definitely possible and since Carver has the job for now he seems most likely of those insiders.

Mike Ashley seems very keen on giving jobs to his mates so that also seems a good angle to explore.

FYI I'm a Newcastle fan thus I'm not capable of giving any kind of impartial input but just thought I'd share my thoughts on the matter.
maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #93209 on: December 30, 2014, 05:43:29 PM »

Think thread should be looking to take some big price punts on next Manager of The Delusional Army.

We know what a great businessman Mike Ashley is so he will go for the cheapest man remotely qualified to do the job.

This makes the following seemingly unlikely candidates :

Bruce is fav but would cost an initial compo payment and I'd imagine he's better paid at Hull then we would offer.

I believe Tim Sherwood turned down WBA because they wouldn't let him bring his staff with him, I'd expect this to be a stumbling block.

The Local Rag says Colo was never in the frame and the recent price move on Worthington is false rumours.

Pulis seems no chance since he will want full control which he won't get and a decent salary, gl with that.

Still leaves a bit of a minefied to get thru, but because of they above I think the following are maybe worth a flutter :

£10 @ 20/1 Christophe Galtier BV - May fancy a shot at the prem and salary may just be in reach.

£5 @ 20/1 on Carver seems a decent cover bet for Beardsley as inside recruitment is definitely possible and since Carver has the job for now he seems most likely of those insiders.

Mike Ashley seems very keen on giving jobs to his mates so that also seems a good angle to explore.

FYI I'm a Newcastle fan thus I'm not capable of giving any kind of impartial input but just thought I'd share my thoughts on the matter.

Hearing John Carver had a decent shot. If he performs well in next few games will be offered it. #twitterati
Pages: 1 ... 6210 6211 6212 6213 [6214] 6215 6216 6217 6218 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: