blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 06:00:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273128 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6268 6269 6270 6271 [6272] 6273 6274 6275 6276 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13610332 times)
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #94065 on: January 18, 2015, 02:01:53 PM »

Can I ask a question about the Dodging Bullets bet, sort of a general thing to?

You got £80 on at 5/2 (Ante post). On the day due to the £'s on SS it drifted to a SP of 7/2.

Does Fred ever top up at longer odds when this sort of thing happens?

Just wondered if you missed some value by not topping up on the day?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #94066 on: January 18, 2015, 02:04:45 PM »

You got £80 on at 5/2 (Ante post). On the day due to the £'s on SS it drifted to a SP of 7/2.

I think the original reason for the bet was that Spinter Sacre may not run. I think once Sprinter Sacre was to run then we didn't particularly want to be on Dodging Bullets.

I certainly felt very lucky to have won my bet on Dodging Bullets.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #94067 on: January 18, 2015, 02:05:51 PM »

I think part of the thought process here was it was an ante post bet so f SS didn't line up as was a posibility given weather/conditions/Henderson's mental fortitude then it could have been a very good bet at 5/2
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #94068 on: January 18, 2015, 02:11:12 PM »

ahh ok , that makes more sense

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #94069 on: January 18, 2015, 02:50:38 PM »

Good work on the horses Horsey and fingers crossed for Kaymer 2morrow for Adz. If we are running well we might get Uilein to nick a place in the Euro too.

Kaymer began his final round with a Birdie, as he has on the previous 3 rounds I believe.

If Uilean can have a good day, we might just have a nice bonus. He dropped a shot early, but the Leaderboard is very cramped, Kaymer apart.

Enjoy the game tonight Phil, but remember, you are not allowed to cheer on the Seahawks. What's the weather like - cold?

Who do ww want?

Click to see full-size image.

Can't believe what I've just seen, I've heard it said that poker is a game that doesn't show character, it reveals character. How about golf?

Abs incred scenes, 10 clear and didn't win, unreal.

Don't shoot the messenger bud but I would very much prefer the Seattle and Indy double tonight, Seattle and Pats ok too as only have GB as a loser in my book but got some fixed odds ante post bits on Seattle and Indy too.

It chucked it down from about 11am yesterday and is still raining now. tho still 6 hours to kick off I would expect the pitch to be in a wet condition.

If Seattle don't win I can at least be happy a few will have a nice possie on GB ( I will be gutted for me tho)

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94070 on: January 18, 2015, 03:07:03 PM »

Meanwhile, the Bookies took a proper pasting yesterday. Think this would have been similar for most of them.

Battered bookies need away wins on Super Sunday

Record losses recorded on Saturday amid favourites frenzy

18th January 2015

Online bookmaker Sky Bet made record losses on football on Saturday after a series of winning favourites across Europe’s biggest leagues.

The Football League sponsor saw 10 of the most popular teams in the three o’clock kick-offs in England win, while only Roma slipped up of the biggest losers on the continent.

To make matters worse, Sky Bet’s trademark Soccer Saturday Price Boost treble also came in, with Manchester United, Chelsea and Tottenham all to win paying out at 4/1 having been enhanced from 3/1.

Sky Bet’s Chris Spicer said: “There was even more bad news when Southampton won at Newcastle in the late Premier League kick-off to add to the heavy losses.

“Saturday eventually eclipsed our worst ever day for football, and we’re now relying on away wins for Hull at 4/1 and Arsenal at 3/1 on Sunday.

“More wins for the favourites, West Ham and Manchester City, will leave us licking our wounds, and I think it’s fair to say we’ll take a couple of draws!”

Feel free to add your sympathetic comments.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #94071 on: January 18, 2015, 04:51:15 PM »

Raining heavily again now but thankfully not windy at the mo. I see the total has fallen again so might be tricky conditions if it stays like this.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #94072 on: January 18, 2015, 04:53:52 PM »

It's cold, its wet and it's very windy in Seattle today.Aaron Rodgers can't run and has to throw. The Legion of Boom are in fine form. Seattle also don't score many points. I like unders.

Beteverydayoftheyear have markets for every 0.5 of a point from 36 to 50odd. You could have a cheeky £5 on Under 37.5 at 4/1 if we were feeling particularly gambly, but I think for value, Under 44.5 is currently available at 21/20. Suggest £40 to win £42. Obv dependent on the NFL experts.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94073 on: January 18, 2015, 05:03:58 PM »

not that i can see

<>44.5 10/11

down from 47 a couple of hours ago

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/green-bay-packers-at-seattle-seahawks/total-points

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #94074 on: January 18, 2015, 05:07:56 PM »

Sigh, it was 21/20 when I posted. Never mind. Dependent on your thoughts of what the total could be, the idea as a whole might still be worth a bet.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #94075 on: January 18, 2015, 05:16:21 PM »

Just fwiw it was forecast to be better weather nearer kick off and then possibly rain during the game. The number has dropped quite a way already and the winds that were 20mph+ on the forecast havent arrived yet. Still over 3 hours til kick off too.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #94076 on: January 18, 2015, 05:17:24 PM »

Good work on the West Ham bet. TY

We have a bet on Vautour to win at The Festival 9/2, he came back to form with Ruby back on board and is now a best price 3-1.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #94077 on: January 18, 2015, 05:24:50 PM »

Good work on the West Ham bet. TY

We have a bet on Vautour to win at The Festival 9/2, he came back to form with Ruby back on board and is now a best price 3-1.

As long as Mullins or Gigginstown win every race, I'll be happy enough...

Apart from the Gold Cup, of course Wink

hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #94078 on: January 18, 2015, 05:51:03 PM »

Evening Mr T.

My suggestions for the Aussie open are as follows.

In the 1st quarter I thought about backing Raonic but if he wins that then I think he will get to the final so I suggest we back him e/w on the outright. £5 e/w @ 40-1 with Ladbrokes, Hills, betfred.

I also think Monfils could be there or thereabouts. No value in backing Djokovic I think.

In the 2nd quarter I like Ferrer to win it. I can't see him winning the whole thing though. £10 @ 5-1 with Ladbrokes do this bet 1st as it's only in one place. I am having trouble fancying Nishikori as his serve is so weak and these are the fastest courts in the world. But if you fancy him do back him as we all  like Tightend bets.

The 3rd quarter has the best chance for upsets I think.

£5 Vesely @ 50-1 with betvictor
Could some kind soul put £5 on for Fred  for Tomic to win this @ 16-1 with boyles.

I can't find anyone to oppose Federer or Murray with in the last 1/4 unless we are finally going to get the great unveiling of Dimitrov's cunning plan.

So all the above bets are to win their 1/4's apart from Raonic .

I am going to look at the first round matches now.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #94079 on: January 18, 2015, 06:07:32 PM »

Boyles seems to be down atm but ill do it when its back (assuming price hasn't changed!) Ty Hector, gl! Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 6268 6269 6270 6271 [6272] 6273 6274 6275 6276 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: