blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:02:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272605 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6293 6294 6295 6296 [6297] 6298 6299 6300 6301 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13438129 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94440 on: January 29, 2015, 10:10:55 AM »

Daily Report

Profit on Month £10.35

Outstanding Bets £3657.13

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web&pli=1#gid=34

No bets completed yesterday

Sharapova against Serena in the Astralian women's final.

We have £20 at 7/1 Sharapova and she is a 2/1 underdog for the final

http://www.oddschecker.com/tennis/australian-open/womens/serena-williams-v-maria-sharapova/winner

Cleveland Cavs beat Portland 99-94 last night, Kyrie Irving scored an improbable 55 points

Click to see full-size image.

Toronto Raptors beat the Sacramento Kings 119-104

Dallas Mavericks lost their 5th in a row, to the Houston Rockets

San Antonio Spurs beat the Charlotte Hornets 95-86

As we have a bet on the FIFA Presidency

"Fifa election: Michel Platini pulling the strings in bid to oust Sepp Blatter"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/11375661/Michel-Platini-masterplan-may-be-to-land-Fifa-presidency-in-2019.html

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #94441 on: January 29, 2015, 10:15:08 AM »

Any love for the Coral offer on the Golf? £10 free in play when u get £10. I'd be getting the spider out but maybe the golf guys could throw something up.

Too late for this week but they've been doing this for a while and it is a bit of value but obv not huge as their in-play prices aren't great and if I'm reading the offer correctly the initial bet has to be win-only in their "win only" market (they used to do it that you could bet £10ew). So not really a bet to spend a lot of time over, just get the Coral win-only prices up and see one that's a reasonable price in comparison to the others on oddschecker and then do the same with the in-play bet.  (Always remembering to follow the free bet usage guidelines http://www.sportspreadsheet.com/Free_bets.html )
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #94442 on: January 29, 2015, 10:46:45 AM »

Any love for the Coral offer on the Golf? £10 free in play when u get £10. I'd be getting the spider out but maybe the golf guys could throw something up.

Too late for this week but they've been doing this for a while and it is a bit of value but obv not huge as their in-play prices aren't great and if I'm reading the offer correctly the initial bet has to be win-only in their "win only" market (they used to do it that you could bet £10ew). So not really a bet to spend a lot of time over, just get the Coral win-only prices up and see one that's a reasonable price in comparison to the others on oddschecker and then do the same with the in-play bet.  (Always remembering to follow the free bet usage guidelines http://www.sportspreadsheet.com/Free_bets.html )

thanks for replying.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94443 on: January 29, 2015, 10:49:02 AM »

Serena Williams beat Madison Keys 7-6, 6-2 in a high quality match.
If we can get 1.5 on Betfair (I'm an optimist) I think that we should reverse our position.

we can green green if you wish

1.5 a firm price? if you see it give me a nudge please

My eyes are open wide
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94444 on: January 29, 2015, 11:41:56 AM »

Serena Williams beat Madison Keys 7-6, 6-2 in a high quality match.
If we can get 1.5 on Betfair (I'm an optimist) I think that we should reverse our position.

we can green green if you wish

1.5 a firm price? if you see it give me a nudge please

I need to ponder.

Their respective form so far makes me think that 1.44 (4/9 on) is a decent price for Williams.
Personally, I quite like 2.14 for Williams 2-0.
Williams is 1.53 to win the first set which I assume is predicated upon the assumption that Williams is prone to make slow starts. She hasn't shown much evidence of that in her recent matches (even losing the first set to Muguruza was only because Muguruza played sensational tennis for the first set) and Sharapova has been very tense at the start of her last two matches.

I wouldn't want to leave a bet on Williams on Betfair to be matched as this is most likely only going to be gobbled up if someone gets some information on Williams such as her cold getting worse - she says that it is getting better.

We've got the best part of two days to go and I wouldn't expect Serena's price to contract much.

Perhaps we just hang on and pray for the Berdych/Nadal or Gerulaitis/Connors effect.

"And let that be a lesson to you all. Nobody beats Vitas Gerulaitis 17 times in a row."

Open to any suggestions!

Reigning Blonde Fantasy Ashes and Super League Champions
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #94445 on: January 29, 2015, 12:32:09 PM »

This looks like aftertiming a bit, but it is worth reiterating.

In something like tennis/snooker where you have a short priced favourite in the other half of the draw (Williams, Djok, or O'Sullivan), it is good practice to always look at the each way terms.  Here Sharapova's most likely opponent in the final was most likely to be Williams.  With 1/2 first 2, the bookies are effectively giving you evens Williams in this match up.  I do realise it doesn't always work, and Williams can go in the first, but fairly sure you should be looking to always to do this.  Think in the long run, maths wins. On the downside I guess it could mark you out as shrewd.

As we stand I am minded to think even 4/9 Williams is good.  I do hate greening out on a 5% account when we have started away from Betfair.  If a conventional bookie offers you 1/2 I think you should definitely take it. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94446 on: January 29, 2015, 12:58:24 PM »

Part of my reasoning for the bet was based on Serena not making the final of this event since 2010.
She did no serious preparation for the tournament; just messing around in the Hopman Cup where she lost to Agnieska Radwanksa and Eugenie Bouchard (6-2, 6-1).

She's also been prone to get a bit overwrought in matches recently and to under-perform when playing friends such as Caroline Wozniacki.

They all seemed good indicators that she might not make the final.

So far, we've just been very lucky that Sharapova has had a soft draw and played some opponents who really under-performed.

Ah well, I'm sure that there will be more opportunities to come.
I'll take your point about e/w betting on board.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94447 on: January 29, 2015, 01:08:38 PM »

we have £20 at 7-1 Grunter

I am minded to have at least £50 at 1/2 if we can get it on Serena

then we are small win-win

got 36 hours to see where the market goes anyway

My eyes are open wide
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #94448 on: January 29, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »

Part of my reasoning for the bet was based on Serena not making the final of this event since 2010.
She did no serious preparation for the tournament; just messing around in the Hopman Cup where she lost to Agnieska Radwanksa and Eugenie Bouchard (6-2, 6-1).

She's also been prone to get a bit overwrought in matches recently and to under-perform when playing friends such as Caroline Wozniacki.

So far, we've just been very lucky that Sharapova has had a soft draw and played some opponents who really under-performed.

I am not saying it was a bad bet, just we could make a slightly better one.  I can't remember the exact odds, but say Serena was evens and we thought that was wrong, then the logic would still be right even if she should really have been 6/4.  She'd still be more likely to be our final opponent than not.  It would be a semi interesting maths problem to find out where the tipping point was.  I wouldn't be so confident e/w was best if Serena was a real 3/1 chance for instance.  Under those circumstances we'd be more likely to meet someone else other than Serena.  So I am guessing the tipping point is somewhere between 6/4 and 3/1 though I have no real idea where. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
MereNovice
Gamesmaster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94449 on: January 29, 2015, 01:39:06 PM »

I am not saying it was a bad bet, just we could make a slightly better one.  I can't remember the exact odds, but say Serena was evens and we thought that was wrong, then the logic would still be right even if she should really have been 6/4.  She'd still be more likely to be our final opponent than not.  It would be a semi interesting maths problem to find out where the tipping point was.  I wouldn't be so confident e/w was best if Serena was a real 3/1 chance for instance.  Under those circumstances we'd be more likely to meet someone else other than Serena.  So I am guessing the tipping point is somewhere between 6/4 and 3/1 though I have no real idea where.  

Serena was never that short before the tournament.
She was 4.2/4.3 on Betfair just before the first round.
Sharapova was 5.1/5.3 at the same time so there wasn't too much in it.

I laid Serena at 3.6 a week or so earlier which I think was as short as she got pre-tournament. That would have been about the time that we got on Sharapova.

Always happy to read about making better bets. Smiley
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 01:45:17 PM by MereNovice » Logged

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #94450 on: January 29, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »

I am not saying it was a bad bet, just we could make a slightly better one.  I can't remember the exact odds, but say Serena was evens and we thought that was wrong, then the logic would still be right even if she should really have been 6/4.  She'd still be more likely to be our final opponent than not.  It would be a semi interesting maths problem to find out where the tipping point was.  I wouldn't be so confident e/w was best if Serena was a real 3/1 chance for instance.  Under those circumstances we'd be more likely to meet someone else other than Serena.  So I am guessing the tipping point is somewhere between 6/4 and 3/1 though I have no real idea where.  

Serena was never that short before the tournament.
She was 4.2/4.3 on Betfair just before the first round.
Sharapova was 5.1/5.3 at the same time so there wasn't too much in it.

I laid Serena at 3.6 a week or so earlier which I think was as short as she got pre-tournament. That would have been about the time that we got on Sharapova.

Always happy to read about making better bets. Smiley

Maybe it was fine then.  My memory is rubbish, and I thought she was shorter. 

Good luck in the final. 

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #94451 on: January 29, 2015, 03:11:03 PM »

the Superbowl is on Sunday

I know tikay would be interested in having a portfolio of bets in his pocket to watch the game with

These might be points spreads, over/unders or prop bets

The thread has, in its three years, had action on length of national anthem, Madonna at half time, coin toss, who will the MVP thank first etc etc

the wackier the better

all the various markets are at

http://www.oddschecker.com/american-football/nfl/new-england-patriots-at-seattle-seahawks/betting-markets

last year 50-1 pokes came in for MVP first scoring play etc

this time round you can guess the colour of Belichick's hoodie, katy perry's first song, her outfit colour, her hair colour etc etc

over to you to research and report back

give us a selection of bets and we can go from there

My eyes are open wide
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #94452 on: January 29, 2015, 05:39:21 PM »

received odd email from joe today.

Hi Mark,

Section 6.10 of our Terms & Conditions (Protection of customer funds) will be updated on 02/02/15 to reflect some process changes we’ve made in the highly unlikely case of insolvency.

They must be struggling to review their T&C's in case of insolvency!
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #94453 on: January 29, 2015, 06:41:09 PM »

Anyone looked at the Oscars?

Can Boyhood really be that short for best picture? Saw it the other day, was like a three-hour episode of Party Of Five.

The Oscar nominations are all out

http://www.theguardian.com/film/live/2015/jan/15/oscars-nominations-2015-live

http://www.oddschecker.com/awards/oscars

anyone with any knowledge, opinions or value, please let us know in the next couple of weeks

Watched Birdman last night, and thought it was very strange.

From my experience, that makes it a firm Favourite mate!

Birdman won the Producers Guild Award over Boyhood for Best Movie, the last 7 winners of the PGA have went on to win Best Picture at Oscars.

Birdman is best 9/2, Boyhood 1/4.
[/quote

http://www.oddschecker.com/awards/oscars/best-picture
Looks to be very close now.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #94454 on: January 29, 2015, 06:53:54 PM »

received odd email from joe today.

Hi Mark,

Section 6.10 of our Terms & Conditions (Protection of customer funds) will be updated on 02/02/15 to reflect some process changes we’ve made in the highly unlikely case of insolvency.

They must be struggling to review their T&C's in case of insolvency!

Just new Gambling Commission rules

Pages: 1 ... 6293 6294 6295 6296 [6297] 6298 6299 6300 6301 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: