blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 05:22:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 6334 6335 6336 6337 [6338] 6339 6340 6341 6342 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13441734 times)
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #95055 on: February 14, 2015, 11:35:30 AM »

Morning Tighty.

Yet again I find myself at odds with the tennis odds compilers. We should back Gilles Simon to beat Berdych at the ABN jobbie. Simon has a 6-3 lead in their matches, winning 4 of their last 5 meetings. He also has the best recent form by beating Murray in the last round. Berdych is the tennis equivalent of Kevin Pietersen, a flat track bully. When the chips are down he constantly disappoints.

I think the 12/5 price is way too big.

Suggest £20 Simon @ 12/5 with Ladbrokes.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95056 on: February 14, 2015, 11:41:33 AM »

Click to see full-size image.

unlucky titch, 98 and done in by an unlawful decision
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 11:53:20 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95057 on: February 14, 2015, 11:45:28 AM »

Morning Tighty.

Yet again I find myself at odds with the tennis odds compilers. We should back Gilles Simon to beat Berdych at the ABN jobbie. Simon has a 6-3 lead in their matches, winning 4 of their last 5 meetings. He also has the best recent form by beating Murray in the last round. Berdych is the tennis equivalent of Kevin Pietersen, a flat track bully. When the chips are down he constantly disappoints.

I think the 12/5 price is way too big.

Suggest £20 Simon @ 12/5 with Ladbrokes.

Morning Hector

someone is awake and willing

12/5 had gone, went to the next best

2/14/2015 12:12 PM    Single bet    

open Gilles Simon (FRA) - Tomas Berdych (CZE) (2Way - Who will win?)
    Simon
    ?

20.00    3.30

(tikay please open Matchbook when you get the chance)

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95058 on: February 14, 2015, 11:50:13 AM »

Fred has a few positions on the Lib Dems for the forthcoming election, but I wonder about one more...

If what we expect to happen happens, there are going to be some fairly disgruntled folk throwing yellow rosettes on the dining room table before midnight in May.

The next question is what happens when the country raises it no longer agrees with Nick. What of our current Lord President of the Council? His position must be untenable. The party needs to start again and it has a golden opportunity to do that, with pretty much everyone that was at the top when Clegg got the job no longer there. Perhaps there will be a line for finding an MP that didn't go to public school and Oxbridge.

Red Shouty Man will offer us 8/11 that Nick Clegg is replaced as Lib Dem leader in 2015. I find it hard to believe this is a bad bet. Can he really be 4/5 to be replaced? Even money? I'd rather be on the other side there.

Even if they are needed to form a coalition, will the Lib Dems want him there again? This will be in the week following a disastrous Dimbleby/Snow/Boulton beatdown. Clegg will keep his parliamentary seat (he won 53% of the votes last time and the second-placed Tories aren't declaring a candidate this time), but that won't save his other jobs come the summer.

Thoughts? £55 for £40?

still pondering this. working out scenarios etc, haven't forgotten about it

My eyes are open wide
hector62

View Profile
« Reply #95059 on: February 14, 2015, 12:06:59 PM »

Tighty I think we should throw a couple of darts on high priced Irish forwards scoring anytime against the French. It looks tailor made for a driving maul from a lineout. I think O'Mahony should be one at 7-1 but who else? My concern over who to pick comes from who they likely substitute.

I actually think the no try scorer is a decent bet as well if the weather was bad, but it is glorious down here in Devon.

By the way, are we the only 2 left playing this game?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95060 on: February 14, 2015, 12:14:02 PM »

Tighty I think we should throw a couple of darts on high priced Irish forwards scoring anytime against the French. It looks tailor made for a driving maul from a lineout. I think O'Mahony should be one at 7-1 but who else? My concern over who to pick comes from who they likely substitute.

I actually think the no try scorer is a decent bet as well if the weather was bad, but it is glorious down here in Devon.

By the way, are we the only 2 left playing this game?

we're talking to each other Hector.

we know they will substitute both props after 55-65 mins, especially with cian healy raring to go

rory best might be a possible at 8-1, pick it up at the catch and drive at the back of a maul etc etc

i would say sean o'brien too but 5-1 is a bit short

My eyes are open wide
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #95061 on: February 14, 2015, 12:16:01 PM »

I'm here, but beyond getting on, I'm not of much use in either sports Cheesy

The only thing I know about Tennis, is to bet whatever you put up, Hector.

As for Rugby, I'm that out of touch with it, I wouldn't even be able to name half our squad :/

hector62

View Profile
« Reply #95062 on: February 14, 2015, 12:18:44 PM »

I like Best too. I prefer O'Mahony to O'Brien because O'Brien is only just back from injury and more likely to be subbed. If only we could have watched them in training. Not like the old Leicester days when it was always Cockerill or Back taking it off the 2nd rows.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #95063 on: February 14, 2015, 12:22:58 PM »

I'm here, but beyond getting on, I'm not of much use in either sports Cheesy

The only thing I know about Tennis, is to bet whatever you put up, Hector.

As for Rugby, I'm that out of touch with it, I wouldn't even be able to name half our squad :/

Same here although I missed that Souza chappie who is probably nailed-on now:)

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95064 on: February 14, 2015, 12:24:58 PM »

I like Best too. I prefer O'Mahony to O'Brien because O'Brien is only just back from injury and more likely to be subbed. If only we could have watched them in training. Not like the old Leicester days when it was always Cockerill or Back taking it off the 2nd rows.

well we can narrow it down a bit

the starting pack is

1-Jack McGrath, 2-Rory Best, 3-Mike Ross, 4-Devin Toner, 5-Paul O'Connell (c), 6-Peter O'Mahony, 7-Sean O'Brien, 8-Jamie Heaslip

both props (for every team) play an hour tops now its a 23 man game

both locks aren't going to be at the back of a driving maul,. they catch it and hand it back to the back of the train

O'Brien you think might be a 50-60 min man

that leaves Best, O'Mahoney and Heaslip

Heaslip is just back from injury too and is more likely to be a pusher in teh maul than the carrier

looking at the anytime prices

http://www.oddschecker.com/rugby-union/six-nations/ireland-v-france/anytime-tryscorer

betfair spbk will give us 8-1 o'mahoney

coral 8-1 best

heaslip is 11-2 best price

this of course all assumes that the Irish pack will have success with the driving maul against the French.

that is your call to make. its up to you, in the same way as we can't force people to give tips and post thoughts as frustrating as it is sometimes to watch things fade away, we shouldn't force bets just for the sake of it

As a lapsed elder always said "a key advantage we have is we don't have to have a bet"

so over to sunny Devon...your shout

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95065 on: February 14, 2015, 12:30:03 PM »

Well done on the tennis bet hector, yet another lng shot, fingers crossed he can finish the job.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95066 on: February 14, 2015, 12:30:42 PM »

Can you explain what happened, please?

I was WORKING, up at DTD, on UKPC stuff, no time to watch TV.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95067 on: February 14, 2015, 12:36:35 PM »

Can you explain what happened, please?

I was WORKING, up at DTD, on UKPC stuff, no time to watch TV.

England were getting smacked, but at 240-9 Taylor was 98* and having batted brilliantly a hundred was in sight

On the ball pictured above, the Umpire gave him out LBW

Taylor referred it, and the decision was overturned. not out

meanwhile Anderson had been run out, but as you can see from the picture after the decision had been made

by rights, the moment the finger goes up its a dead ball, see the rule above, but the umpires on the field ruled Anderson out anyway

England lost, and were going to lose heavily anyway, but the Taylor hundred (or the chance of it if the correct rule had been applied) would have been nice

My eyes are open wide
hector62

View Profile
« Reply #95068 on: February 14, 2015, 12:36:51 PM »

Lets do Best and O'Mahoney then. I don't actually see Ireland having a great deal of success anywhere but upfront. France looked powerful and disciplined in the loose against Scotland. I didn't watch Ireland last week but Italy aren't great so I expected more tries from the Irish backs. And I do find myself longing to watch driving mauls nowadays. Who would have ever thought that from a halfback who longed to play an open game!

Oh how I miss seeing sidesteps and scissors moves. Just once I would like to see someone do my favourite move ever, the DM1 from the fly half. Modern day defences wouldn't know what to do.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #95069 on: February 14, 2015, 12:44:35 PM »

Lets do Best and O'Mahoney then. I don't actually see Ireland having a great deal of success anywhere but upfront. France looked powerful and disciplined in the loose against Scotland. I didn't watch Ireland last week but Italy aren't great so I expected more tries from the Irish backs. And I do find myself longing to watch driving mauls nowadays. Who would have ever thought that from a halfback who longed to play an open game!

Oh how I miss seeing sidesteps and scissors moves. Just once I would like to see someone do my favourite move ever, the DM1 from the fly half. Modern day defences wouldn't know what to do.

the defensive side of the game, no doubt influenced by the Shaun Edwards and Farrell's of this world coming into Union, has become very rugby league influenced. all flat lines and drift defence, quite difficult to unlock because...

at the same time the archetypal midfield back now resembles the back row forward of 15 years ago. all blood and thunder and not a lot of finesse. Even on the outside the sight of shane williams twinkling around seems a long time ago!

anyway, i digress

fivers ok? seems reasonable

Ireland v France

8/1 £5
    £45.00
    Peter OMahony
    Anytime Tryscorer

Bet Ref: O/0140260/0000119

your bets (1)

Single - Ireland v France

Rory Best (Ireland) - |Anytime Try Scorer|

Odds: 8/1

1 lines at £5.00 per line

Total Stake for this bet: £5.00

Potential Return:£45.00

Time : 14/2/2015-12:11

Receipt No:O/142640973/0000853

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 6334 6335 6336 6337 [6338] 6339 6340 6341 6342 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: