blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 09:13:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273126 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2149 2150 2151 2152 [2153] 2154 2155 2156 2157 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13609312 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #32280 on: March 04, 2013, 11:40:43 AM »

I suppose the counter to that would be Fred places a few bets purely for fun or as a New Tipster Welcome Bonus, so taking these little equity offers is just yinging that yang.

I hadn't considered that, though, and am interested to hear the vox populari.

Likewise free bets shouldn't count either

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32281 on: March 04, 2013, 11:42:25 AM »

Though, if Fred is our notional gambler, I assume a savvy gambler would be looking to take advantage of as many of these free equity opportunities as possible, too?

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #32282 on: March 04, 2013, 11:45:11 AM »

Though, if Fred is our notional gambler, I assume a savvy gambler would be looking to take advantage of as many of these free equity opportunities as possible, too?

Yes, but as Fred is discovering, being a winning punterer means you get resticted and have difficulty getting bets on.

Free bets/enhanced odds/special offers are not available to winners, just ice creams.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #32283 on: March 04, 2013, 11:57:26 AM »

Yes, but as Fred is discovering, being a winning punterer means you get resticted and have difficulty getting bets on.

Free bets/enhanced odds/special offers are not available to winners, just ice creams.

Hmm, not so sure. I get restricted on Hills all time, but was able to get £20 on my account, but £30 on the wifes.

Is not the point of Fred, maximising value. I think its fair to say we have placed several bets that are just placed because they are "ricks", not because we fancied the outcome per se, surely this is exploiting value rather than gambling.

Anything that makes money off the bookies and is highlighted by Fred members should qualify, imho. Unless it is a ram raid of c.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #32284 on: March 04, 2013, 12:10:10 PM »

Hmm, not so sure. I get restricted on Hills all time, but was able to get £20 on my account, but £30 on the wifes.

Is not the point of Fred, maximising value. I think its fair to say we have placed several bets that are just placed because they are "ricks", not because we fancied the outcome per se, surely this is exploiting value rather than gambling.

Anything that makes money off the bookies and is highlighted by Fred members should qualify, imho. Unless it is a ram raid of c.

the fly offer today was available to accounts that are not usually laid a bet of any kind

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #32285 on: March 04, 2013, 12:54:47 PM »

The three test series in New Zealand begins this week

The first Test is down south in Dunedin. Lovely verdant ground, but tricky conditions. Blows a gale, favourable to seamers

The second test is in Wellington (the Basin Reserve is basically the middle of a giant roundabout!), Blows a gale and seamer friendly

The third test is in Auckland. On a strip of concrete at a rugby ground

Here's Dunedin. Beautiful

Click to see full-size image.

and the Basin Reserve

Click to see full-size image.

So, to opportunities

Injuries allowing, England will go through this series with

Anderson and Finn opening up

Broad as third seamer

Swann as stock bowler

The first two grounds suit swing, and in Anderson England have the finest practicioner of the art.

Added to that New Zealand are vulnerable at 1-3 with a mixture of callow youth and below Test Class players..the batting talent comes in with Williamson, Taylor and McCullum at 4-6

So, this should be a virtual match between Anderson and Finn

Broad is not of the same quality, is injury prone and if he doesn't perform Onions (who does suit the conditions) may replace him

Swann is a stock bowler on these pitches

If we look at the market

www.oddschecker.com/cricket/new-zealand-v-england/test-series/new-zealand-england-tests/top-england-bowler

We can get over 2-1 Anderson who is

a) at his peak
b) in suitable conditions
c) less injury prone than his team-mates

Last tour, 2008, it was great to watch Anderson make the ball talk, more so than he can do in any other Test Country

He is an outstanding betting proposition. His correct price should be 6/4 and below. Finn is a terrific bowler, and going to be the best around on a 3 year view but he's not a favourite over Anderson

Here is some background on Anderson's progress towards Botham's English test record http://www.espncricinfo.com/new-zealand-v-england-2013/content/story/605518.html

"Anderson has Botham's English Test record of 383 wickets in his sights. He needs another 96 to overtake the mark. There is a strong chance of him claiming the 12 he requires for 300 during the forthcoming series against New Zealand. If he averages four wickets per Test (marginally higher than his current ratio of 3.74, although that has risen to 3.96 since his recall in 2008) during the 22 matches scheduled from now until August 2014 he will be very close. "

Recommend £40 Anderson top English bowler in the forthcoming series 9/4 Coral/Hills

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #32286 on: March 04, 2013, 01:27:44 PM »

I'll take The Fly bet np's.

Ofc it should go down on the overall P&L.  Free bets, deposit bonuses, misclicks, rakeback(?), enhanced odds, its all part of it.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #32287 on: March 04, 2013, 01:47:51 PM »

even with the expected low figure quote i will be happy to back under the new zealand partnership even on a flatbed

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32288 on: March 04, 2013, 01:55:56 PM »

Ofc it should go down on the overall P&L.  Free bets, deposit bonuses, misclicks, rakeback(?), enhanced odds, its all part of it.

This, don't understand why they shouldn't be.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #32289 on: March 04, 2013, 02:06:56 PM »

This, don't understand why they shouldn't be.

Yeah Camel.

Stick to giving us winners, and leave Fred to all the freebies he can take!

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #32290 on: March 04, 2013, 02:15:37 PM »

There is still a skill, I would venture, in finding the best way to use these free bet opportunities. Less so in "first 500 punters get 5/1 on a 2/1 shot" jobs, but the "free bet" or "money back if X loses" markets require a bit of understanding in order to max the value.

Maybe I'm coming round to Camel's thinking.

Anyway, Grandouet is going to win.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #32291 on: March 04, 2013, 02:20:42 PM »

There is still a skill, I would venture, in finding the best way to use these free bet opportunities. Less so in "first 500 punters get 5/1 on a 2/1 shot" jobs, but the "free bet" or "money back if X loses" markets require a bit of understanding in order to max the value.

Maybe I'm coming round to Camel's thinking.

Anyway, Grandouet is going to win.

Don't get all the love for Grandouet.  It keeps getting beat by Zarkander and seems even more fragile than the Fly.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #32292 on: March 04, 2013, 02:22:51 PM »

Hurricane Fly 3.6 on 'the exchanges' at the moment. Good on Hills though. And roffle @ Sadblokes' 5/4.

Fly had not even been on my agenda this year and I was equally shocked last night. When looking at the the exchange price first, I thought why bother, but when I saw the oddschecker chart I was gobsmacked. No way he is a 5/4 shot surely?

Anyway, suspect when market adjusts the exchanges will allow a play at two spades, based on these prices, at some stage?

If you think Mr Fly will be back to around 3.0 at some point, wouldn't it make more sense to have a bag on at 3.6 for trading purposes rather than £50 at 3/1?

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #32293 on: March 04, 2013, 02:41:42 PM »

Good point Chomps.

I've never really been a good back to lay player. Often gets to my pivotal time, and then I think "hmm, what if it wins"? Then I fanny about, and chop a bit in and I end up doing a bit of something and everything. It will be the same with the nifty on Fly.

The value men, and pros here will groan, but at my age, it hard to change these kinda mindsets  idiot

Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #32294 on: March 04, 2013, 03:08:06 PM »

Just read this on the Betfair forum:

"This morning at 9.00am when they went 3/1 Hurricane Fly - a NON PTL ( permission to Lay ) customer could get a Max of £50 @3/1 and the option of up to a further £500 @9/4 ; A PTL customer ( all bets referred prior to acceptance ) could get a MAX of £20 @3/1 with the option of a further £200 @9/4 . THis all changed at 11.00am when the MAX stake was dropped to £20 @3/1 for Non PTL and just £10 for PTL customers. I understand that the odds went 2/1 for phone and Net customers at 11.00am.

Up until 11.00am the odds on Betfair were around 3.70 - this has now shortened in to around 3.45 ; so even if the Arbing dole'ite plebs managed to get their 50 quid on they would probably only make enough to buy themselves a pouch of tobacco to make their roll up cigs should the horse win.

I have spoken to a number of the staff today and they have embarassingly had to turn plenty of customers away - as they apparently get a disciplinary warning if caught taking more than one fifty from each customer."

Just wondered what people's views were. Is this good for Hills? I could understand if it gets people to open accounts, but accross all platforms? Is getting people in the shops a good thing because of the FOBTs? Is £50 a decent bet? Would it be better to offer it to the average stake of the punters last three bets? Should they reduce shop punters to £10 and PTL players on the phone to £10 and then lay the punters they want a bigger bet? Are trecreational punters even looking at having an ante-post bet today? Would they be better waiting until next Monday and laying a decent bet?

Just interested.
Pages: 1 ... 2149 2150 2151 2152 [2153] 2154 2155 2156 2157 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: