blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:09:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 2373 2374 2375 2376 [2377] 2378 2379 2380 2381 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443575 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35640 on: March 28, 2013, 05:44:26 PM »

Carlsen has had a quick draw as black against Grischuk. Kramnik has a small edge against Radjabov.

Aronian is behind against Svidler. It is a bit of a mad position and both are getting a little short of time (Aronian more so). But Aronian will be perspiring more than his opponent at the moment.

Interestingly, if Kramnik were to win and Aronian to lose, when looking at tie breaks, Kramnik would still have won one fewer game than Carlsen...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35641 on: March 28, 2013, 05:46:33 PM »

Carlsen has had a quick draw as black against Grischuk. Kramnik has a small edge against Radjabov.

Aronian is behind against Svidler. It is a bit of a mad position and both are getting a little short of time (Aronian more so). But Aronian will be perspiring more than his opponent at the moment.

Interestingly, if Kramnik were to win and Aronian to lose, when looking at tie breaks, Kramnik would still have won one fewer game than Carlsen...

Thanks Simon.

We will hold our nerve & sit with the bet as placed.

No point pissing eq.......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #35642 on: March 28, 2013, 05:52:14 PM »

The bf market isn't liquid in the slightest on the chess, so the discussion about laying off at 1.18 is irrelevant as that isn't the price. Just because £2 been matched etc doesn't mean you can lay £100 or so on something when the gap between the back and lay side is so big and the market illiquid. I'd guess you'd have to lay 1.25 or so to get matched, which is a big difference.

You can't just load up betfair look at a market and assume u can lay the back price, it doesn't work like that

Noted, & helpful to us Betty Newbies.

As it happened, I did have a look, & the LAY Price was 1.4 when the BET price was 1.18, so I was not interested anyway, especially as we are "only" on at 1.67.

Anyway.......I've had a nap & thought aboit it, & dedcided we should hold our nerve & stick with the original bet.

Carlsen is bright enough to know that there is a Tie-Break countback which does not currently favour him, & I'm sure it is in his mind to ensure it is not bought into play. 

Have to be careful of those countbacks, they can be costly...

It is the late entries you should becareful of.....

Smiley

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35643 on: March 28, 2013, 05:59:02 PM »

Kramnik wins after Radjabov falls apart under time pressure.

Svidler's position has improved against Aronian but it is a nerve-jangler, for sure.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35644 on: March 28, 2013, 06:01:20 PM »

Kramnik wins after Radjabov falls apart under time pressure.

Svidler's position has improved against Aronian but it is a nerve-jangler, for sure.

Gets better & better.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #35645 on: March 28, 2013, 06:14:30 PM »

I'm trying my hardest not to top up any interest I have in the Championship relegation battle, but baffled by the 8-1 price on Ipswich with BetVictor.

4 points above the relegation spots, worst goal difference and some of the teams around them have a game in hand. They are definitely not a team I look at and think "how the hell are they down there" because they simply are down there because they are no good and the MM rub has rubbed off lately.

I think 8's is too big here.

I know Fred already has a lot of interest in it already with Wolves and Birmingham, so doubtful we can get on here, but would recc upto £20 on this, but trying to figure out if this is any good for me personally too? I already have an interest in Wolves too.
Spin rank the bottom 5 in the same order as the bookies, but after those 5 they go, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Ipswich. Blackpool are 12/1 to go down, better than betfair although betfair is at 325% and there isn't a ton of liquidity on the outsiders. I feel like Blackpool should be a bet but if you want I imagine it would make sense to oppose Ipswich somehow on the spreads instead of backing them to go down if that takes your fancy.

I wasn't going to recommend anything but if an elder fancies a look at the price/run in it might be worth a dabble at least to trade, going on Blackpool have some tough games in the next 3.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35646 on: March 28, 2013, 06:16:35 PM »

I'm trying my hardest not to top up any interest I have in the Championship relegation battle, but baffled by the 8-1 price on Ipswich with BetVictor.

4 points above the relegation spots, worst goal difference and some of the teams around them have a game in hand. They are definitely not a team I look at and think "how the hell are they down there" because they simply are down there because they are no good and the MM rub has rubbed off lately.

I know Fred already has a lot of interest in it already with Wolves and Birmingham, so doubtful we can get on here, but would recc upto £20 on this, but trying to figure out if this is any good for me personally too? I already have an interest in Wolves too.
Spin rank the bottom 5 in the same order as the bookies, but after those 5 they go, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Ipswich. Blackpool are 12/1 to go down, better than betfair although betfair is at 325% and there isn't a ton of liquidity on the outsiders. I feel like Blackpool should be a bet but if you want I imagine it would make sense to oppose Ipswich somehow on the spreads instead of backing them to go down if that takes your fancy.

I wasn't going to recommend anything but if an elder fancies a look at the price/run in it might be worth a dabble at least to trade, going on Blackpool have some tough games in the next 3.

Never mind that Mr rgqqqhhgddhhrfgfv, how is our bet on Donny to be Champions (£20 @ 12/1) looking?

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #35647 on: March 28, 2013, 06:18:04 PM »

Hope you're right mate, I spite bet them when they appointed Ince!

McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #35648 on: March 28, 2013, 06:34:46 PM »

We can breathe a little easier now as Svidler played accurately under time pressure to convert vs Aronian.

The standings after round 11 are:
Carlsen 7.5 
Kramnik 7   
Aronian 6.5

A couple of things in our favour are that Aronian plays Kramnik on Friday and the new second place man Kramnik currently has one less win under his belt than Carlsen. 
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #35649 on: March 28, 2013, 06:41:20 PM »

We can breathe a little easier now as Svidler played accurately under time pressure to convert vs Aronian.

Carlsen 7.5 
Kramnik 7   
Aronian 6.5

A couple of things in our favour are that Aronian plays Kramnik on Friday and the new second place man Kramnik currently has one less win under his belt than Carlsen. 

Yes, Carlsen has the two bottom players in the next two rounds (Friday and Sunday), starting with Vassily Ivanchuk as White tomorrow. Expect Chucky to equalise quickly from the opening and for Carlsen to try to grind him down.

A Carlsen win and a draw between Aronian and Kramnik would be the nut outcome.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35650 on: March 28, 2013, 06:44:36 PM »

Carlsen 7.5 
Kramnik 7   
Aronian 6.5

Great stuff, thank you.

By the way, not sure we have welcomed you to Fred, I've seen you here recently, hope you hang with us for a while.

maldini32

View Profile
« Reply #35651 on: March 28, 2013, 06:56:52 PM »

I have a few IPL bets, but my laptop's hard drive has gone. Hopefully it will be back up tomorrow and I'll stick them up.
Singheee

View Profile
« Reply #35652 on: March 28, 2013, 07:03:44 PM »

In a rush so can't put a explanation

Cleveland to beat San Diego in the baseball starts in15 mins

Price is 2.05 at many places
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #35653 on: March 28, 2013, 07:07:29 PM »

In a rush so can't put a explanation

Cleveland to beat San Diego in the baseball starts in15 mins

Price is 2.05 at many places

Busy here too....

£40 @ 21/20 with Wm Hill.

Details later, am about to start work.

ON

PS - thanks.

biggle57

View Profile
« Reply #35654 on: March 28, 2013, 11:02:16 PM »

Never mind that Mr rgqqqhhgddhhrfgfv, how is our bet on Donny to be Champions (£20 @ 12/1) looking?

tikay,

although they never seem convincing, they have been one of those teams that find a way of getting the job done. Cov away tomorrow followed by 3 home games on the spin. These 3 games will probably define the season.

however an alternative view would be 5 points clear with 7 games left, would you swap positions with any other of the teams in contention?

nope me neither!!!!
Pages: 1 ... 2373 2374 2375 2376 [2377] 2378 2379 2380 2381 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: