blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 05:50:40 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272633 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 3704 3705 3706 3707 [3708] 3709 3710 3711 3712 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13450880 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55605 on: October 01, 2013, 11:17:41 AM »

Anyone with a Padraig account...

Island Remade, 6-1, 6.50 Kempton tomorrow. Knock yourself out.

11/4 still available......

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/kempton/18:50/winner

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55606 on: October 01, 2013, 11:31:39 AM »

Arsenal have won their last 4 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Napoli's last 6 games in the Champions League (including qualifiers).    

Arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).    

Napoli have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).

Napoli and Arsenal experts on here, is there any mileage in going for "outlier" high scoring match results etc?

Both teams to score, over 2.5 etc both 4/6 or shorter so the above stats are pretty much priced in

Something like over 4/5 goals at 9/2 BetVictor (for illustrative purposes.....)

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
hector62

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet

View Profile
« Reply #55607 on: October 01, 2013, 11:41:57 AM »

Morning Mr T.

In a couple of hours time Ferrer plays Pospisil in China. They have never met before and Ferrer is a big favourite to win based on his higher ranking. I like to oppose players over the age of 30 when they play up and coming players who are yet to reach their peak and this seems like a decent opportunity. I would give Ferrer the benefit if this was a clay court but it is a hard surface. On the 3 occasions that Ferrer has played this tournament he has reached the final once, but on the other 2 he lost in the first round.

Suggest £20 Pospisil @ 4-1 with sportingbet.

Puristville, Arizona.  Population (1)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #55608 on: October 01, 2013, 11:56:54 AM »

Arsenal have won their last 4 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).

There have been over 2.5 goals scored in 5 of Napoli's last 6 games in the Champions League (including qualifiers).    

Arsenal have scored at least 2 goals in their last 4 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).    

Napoli have scored at least 2 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches in the Champions League (including qualifiers).

Napoli and Arsenal experts on here, is there any mileage in going for "outlier" high scoring match results etc?

Both teams to score, over 2.5 etc both 4/6 or shorter so the above stats are pretty much priced in

I fancy tonight's game will be a rather cagey affair with Napoli sitting deep and looking to hit Arsenal on the counter and a lot of midfield possession.

My first inclination is that it will be low-scoring, 1-0 if I were forced to have a bet, and 1-1, or 2-1 the most likely alternatives imo.

One other thing is that many of those stats were pre-Benitez and we know how tight he normally likes to keep things.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 12:18:20 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #55609 on: October 01, 2013, 12:21:50 PM »

I fancy tonight's game will be a rather cagey affair with Napoli sitting deep and looking to hit Arsenal on the counter and a lot of midfield possession.

My first inclination is that it will be low-scoring, 1-0 if I were forced to have a bet, and 1-1, or 2-1 the most likely alternatives imo.

I think this is over 4.5.  I don't really like it at all, I don't think 5 goals happens that often.

I looked back at Arsenal's results this season, and it hasn't happened once, Napoli have done it in one game in 7.  I haven't run the stats, but I imagine the earlier Champion's League games are more cagey than the latter ones too.

I don't like it much, but if you do it, you could lay the less than 4.5 on Betfair at 1.21, which should be better, even after commission.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55610 on: October 01, 2013, 12:53:23 PM »

I think this is over 4.5.  I don't really like it at all, I don't think 5 goals happens that often.

I looked back at Arsenal's results this season, and it hasn't happened once, Napoli have done it in one game in 7.  I haven't run the stats, but I imagine the earlier Champion's League games are more cagey than the latter ones too.

I don't like it much, but if you do it, you could lay the less than 4.5 on Betfair at 1.21, which should be better, even after commission.

I would suggest that all those Goals in CL games by Napoli & Arsenal reflect, to a degree, the standard of opposition. Different tonight, two very good Teams. The Benetiz factor has to be weighed in, too.

Should be a great game, though.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
McGlashan

View Profile
« Reply #55611 on: October 01, 2013, 01:03:58 PM »

To back it I'd want Higuain to pass his late fitness test. Although Napoli do look like serious contenders this season and the match could be a cracking an end to end affair. Rafa's rotation policy has kicked in with no outfield player being ever present.

For pure Banzai territory look towards Donetsk on Wednesday, Shakhtar CL matches have involved plenty of goals and at the moment anything could happen in a Man United game. We also get a longer price on overs and BMU go 13/2 on >4.5 goals which looks worth a punt.
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #55612 on: October 01, 2013, 01:35:38 PM »

Not a suggestion, but I think Arsenal/Napoli is a nailed on draw.  Both know the importance of not losing.  Rafa excels at away euro trips and getting tactics spot on, and I think this is such a trip. 

I think both teams would "settle" for a draw, both having secured wins in the opening games.

1-1 being 8/1 (bet victor) and 16/1 for a 0-0 with Coral.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/arsenal-v-napoli/correct-score

Carpe Diem
MahoganyVic

View Profile
« Reply #55613 on: October 01, 2013, 01:44:28 PM »

I dunno. Even if they are nailed on top 2 in the group, would Arsenal really want to need a result in Napoli to win the group?  You dont really want to be coming second. I reckon Arsenal will go all out for the win tonight
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #55614 on: October 01, 2013, 01:52:34 PM »

Not a suggestion, but I think Arsenal/Napoli is a nailed on draw.  Both know the importance of not losing.  Rafa excels at away euro trips and getting tactics spot on, and I think this is such a trip. 

I think both teams would "settle" for a draw, both having secured wins in the opening games.

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/champions-league/arsenal-v-napoli/correct-score

Might have a tickle on No Goalscorer with Coral @ 16/1

Nico29

View Profile
« Reply #55615 on: October 01, 2013, 03:55:34 PM »

Not a suggestion, but I think Arsenal/Napoli is a nailed on draw.  Both know the importance of not losing.  Rafa excels at away euro trips and getting tactics spot on, and I think this is such a trip.  

Might have a tickle on No Goalscorer with Coral @ 16/1

Correct to do this rather than 0-0.

Very important to always back no goalscorer rather than 0-0 as you get own goals included, so should it finish 1-0 but with an own goal you will still win.

Some mean bookies have finally cottoned onto this and after donkeys years of it being the same price they've started to make ngs a lesser price in some cases than nil-nil, even still by shopping around you can norm get the same/best price.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #55616 on: October 01, 2013, 04:02:07 PM »

I would like to add to the Arsenal v Napoli debate.  

I was going to suggest that Fred back Napoli.  when I checked Betfair earlier today they could be back at 7/2.  For me this is a no brainer.  I am not a huge fan of Rafa but he knows how to beat Arsenal.  Granted I think in his 20 matches against Wenger he is behind 6 - 8 with 8 drawn.  But for many of those games he was in charge of a Liverpool side that just weren't on par with Arsenal.  

Napoli are a fantastic counter attacking side, we don't get to see much of that side of their game as Seire A is not as defensive as it once was.  Arsenal have been decent so far, but in spells they look weak at the back.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #55617 on: October 01, 2013, 04:07:35 PM »

Currently in Souda Bay Crete, watching one of my companies machines pave part of the runway at the Nato Airbase.

Far more important, the Arsenal game.

Draw. Tend to think we having been running too good, and them being Italians will be happy with a draw.

GL Chompy tip. Cant get a stream, surprisingly, and cant even get betfair to whack the refresh button. Hey Ho, nice and sunny

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #55618 on: October 01, 2013, 04:10:11 PM »

I would like to add to the Arsenal v Napoli debate.  

I was going to suggest that Fred back Napoli.  when I checked Betfair earlier today they could be back at 7/2.  For me this is a no brainer.  I am not a huge fan of Rafa but he knows how to beat Arsenal.  Granted I think in his 20 matches against Wenger he is behind 6 - 8 with 8 drawn.  But for many of those games he was in charge of a Liverpool side that just weren't on par with Arsenal.  

Napoli are a fantastic counter attacking side, we don't get to see much of that side of their game as Seire A is not as defensive as it once was.  Arsenal have been decent so far, but in spells they look weak at the back.

To add further to the debate I made Arsenal 8/13 shots!!!!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #55619 on: October 01, 2013, 04:10:33 PM »

Currently in Souda Bay Crete, watching one of my companies machines pave part of the runway at the Nato Airbase.

Far more important, the Arsenal game.

Draw. Tend to think we having been running too good, and them being Italians will be happy with a draw.

GL Chompy tip. Cant get a stream, surprisingly, and cant even get betfair to whack the refresh button. Hey Ho, nice and sunny

Ooh, concrete runway? Photos please, and specification.

Pages: 1 ... 3704 3705 3706 3707 [3708] 3709 3710 3711 3712 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: