blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 05:02:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272877 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4663 4664 4665 4666 [4667] 4668 4669 4670 4671 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13562500 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69990 on: March 06, 2014, 06:08:51 PM »

I've got a bet where FredBet are best price but several firms haven't priced it up yet. Is it worth me putting the bet on here now or should I leave it until all the other firms have put their prices up? I know Fred can't get on and I've taken the Max I can. I don't think anyone will better this price but they may. Let me know?

I'll be going Offline for the evening @ 6pm latest, if you can let us know before then, I'll try & get on.

For the record, I am NOT generally Restricted by Betfred, it is usually only only on "Offers".

It's the Brian O'Driscoll bet. If you can get £40/£50 on I think you should.

We are safely on board, thank you.

For the record, BetFred were still going 7/4, but Restricted me to £25, whilst Totesport were 11/8, & I could have (within reason I suppose) any amount.

Details in the morning, way too busy right now.

We deffo have £25 @ 7/4 with Betfred. Do we want a bit of that 11/8 with Tote?

BET PLACED
Dont take the 11/8 Pops as you can have 13/8 with me from Slybet or if politically you cannot have that can have upto £80 with PP at 8/5 just lmk

Good man Rich, thanks.

Don't want to go the Sk*Bet route please, my lurkers & haters are always watching & waiting for me to make a mistake, (   )but if you could let me have £25 @ 8/5 with PP I'd be most grateful.

Please confirm either way.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69991 on: March 06, 2014, 06:09:57 PM »

And stop calling me "pops", OK?

Ageism is ILLEGAL.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #69992 on: March 06, 2014, 06:10:51 PM »

Sportingbet didn't even bother with partial restriction, and just shut me down to pennies after I had a score on a pricewise horse Cheesy

I had to laugh, because I only throw scores about, and I wasn't even winning on the account!

That's me done until late afternoon, around 5pm, then offline from 6pm all evening.

Lord Grumps is the Guest on Ch 861 this evening (8pm - 10pm) discussing the Cheltenham Festival, along with Boycey, Michael Shinners, David Ord, & Bill Maynard.

Plenty of footage from Stable Tours & interviews with Trainers, I gather.

Can I watch that through Sky Poker, Tikay?

Yes, on Ch 861, or streamed via SkyPoker.com.

The Chelters section is 8pm until 10pm, the rest is poker, so of no interest to you.

Ha, not far wrong!

Thanks

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #69993 on: March 06, 2014, 06:16:24 PM »

I've got a bet where FredBet are best price but several firms haven't priced it up yet. Is it worth me putting the bet on here now or should I leave it until all the other firms have put their prices up? I know Fred can't get on and I've taken the Max I can. I don't think anyone will better this price but they may. Let me know?

I'll be going Offline for the evening @ 6pm latest, if you can let us know before then, I'll try & get on.

For the record, I am NOT generally Restricted by Betfred, it is usually only only on "Offers".

Went to get a nifty on that, and baldmug would only lay me £11 Cheesy

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69994 on: March 06, 2014, 06:16:54 PM »

I had not forgotten the excellent post by redarmi last night, & plan to reply, Ommy has now extended the debate, which is good.

I can't reply now, but will try & do so in the morning.

In the interim, there is one other solution for Fred which nobody has mentioned. 

How about someone else, with reasonably clean accounts, takes over my role completely? It's not about giving ME tips, it's about everyone taking stuff from Fred, & having some fun along the way.

Would give us a whole new lease of life.

Thoughts, anyone?

Gotta go, work awaits.

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #69995 on: March 06, 2014, 06:18:52 PM »

We are safely on board, thank you.

For the record, BetFred were still going 7/4, but Restricted me to £25, whilst Totesport were 11/8, & I could have (within reason I suppose) any amount.

Details in the morning, way too busy right now.

We deffo have £25 @ 7/4 with Betfred. Do we want a bit of that 11/8 with Tote?

BET PLACED
Dont take the 11/8 Pops as you can have 13/8 with me from Slybet or if politically you cannot have that can have upto £80 with PP at 8/5 just lmk

Good man Rich, thanks.

Don't want to go the Sk*Bet route please, my lurkers & haters are always watching & waiting for me to make a mistake, (   )but if you could let me have £25 @ 8/5 with PP I'd be most grateful.

Please confirm either way.
£25 booked and on Pops Wink

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #69996 on: March 06, 2014, 06:23:03 PM »

Thoughts, anyone?

1 bankroll to fund it

2 time to do it, ie be on thread enough to get the bets on in a timely manner

You provide 1, struggle with 2

Is there anyone that could do both?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #69997 on: March 06, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »

How much has taking best price on just about every market that Fred bets on been to the detriment of the project long term? 

I can't help but thing that the frugal nature of Fred has infact cost it a better chance to make money, what do others think? 

I don't have many restrictions in place and its not because I am handing cash hand over fist to the books but its because I play the game, as I see it as long as you play they will take action.  That means not hammerring X accounts just for bonuses and best odds. 

Further, Freds penchant just for backing singles only couldn't have helped.  I know it's been discussed before about rolling selections up and having some fun accas and Tikay said he'd do it but it seemed to last a day or two and he'd slip back to being the eternal nit. 

Incidentally, I know he's been rank rotten thus far but I think Whitlock is too big a price against Thornton.  I don't have the stats to back this up but I am pretty sure the records of players playing 2 games on one night is pretty horrendous, perhaps one of the "darts" lads could help substantiate that claim but its a gut feeling.

Ignore that now just went back to check the prices and seems to have been a bit of a move for Whitlcok compared to earlier when I first looked.  Still wouldn't  put anyone off if fancying a punt. 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #69998 on: March 06, 2014, 08:46:26 PM »

How much has taking best price on just about every market that Fred bets on been to the detriment of the project long term? 

I can't help but thing that the frugal nature of Fred has infact cost it a better chance to make money, what do others think? 

I don't have many restrictions in place and its not because I am handing cash hand over fist to the books but its because I play the game, as I see it as long as you play they will take action.  That means not hammerring X accounts just for bonuses and best odds. 

Further, Freds penchant just for backing singles only couldn't have helped.  I know it's been discussed before about rolling selections up and having some fun accas and Tikay said he'd do it but it seemed to last a day or two and he'd slip back to being the eternal nit. 

Incidentally, I know he's been rank rotten thus far but I think Whitlock is too big a price against Thornton.  I don't have the stats to back this up but I am pretty sure the records of players playing 2 games on one night is pretty horrendous, perhaps one of the "darts" lads could help substantiate that claim but its a gut feeling.

Ignore that now just went back to check the prices and seems to have been a bit of a move for Whitlcok compared to earlier when I first looked.  Still wouldn't  put anyone off if fancying a punt. 

could have been a good night to have a 'mug' super yankee on the darts draws!!!!!
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #69999 on: March 06, 2014, 08:49:13 PM »

Someone needs to teach me not to underline when I am trying to scorethrough.  Old guy tech probs.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #70000 on: March 06, 2014, 09:23:23 PM »

I had not forgotten the excellent post by redarmi last night, & plan to reply, Ommy has now extended the debate, which is good.

I can't reply now, but will try & do so in the morning.

In the interim, there is one other solution for Fred which nobody has mentioned. 

How about someone else, with reasonably clean accounts, takes over my role completely? It's not about giving ME tips, it's about everyone taking stuff from Fred, & having some fun along the way.

Would give us a whole new lease of life.

Thoughts, anyone?

Gotta go, work awaits.

Tikay, I think you maybe under estimate how much this thread is actually for and about you. I have noticed how quiet it is when you are not available to constantly post and drive the thread even when you are available to quickly place bets.

In my opinion it just wouldn't work.

I don't really like to post what wouldn't work without being able to suggest what might work is I'll spend some time thinking about it and try to come up with something.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #70001 on: March 06, 2014, 10:21:13 PM »

Could we get "Question Time with Channing" Commissioned on a channel?

Neil does a round table with 5 bookies PR men, and sees which he can make look the least comfortable in the next half hour.....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #70002 on: March 06, 2014, 11:06:10 PM »

I think he looked pretty scared. He seems a nice enough guy though and I wasn't too harsh. Gave him a few lobs that he could smash on enhanced ew terms and price boosts and he sort of missed some open goals. I definitely understand their business plan and I don't really expect them to lay big bets to price sensitive customers. They don't give us the hypocrisy of pretending they are fearless layers like some.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #70003 on: March 06, 2014, 11:08:42 PM »

Skiebet have prices for horses to win at the Fessie 2014 and 2015.

If Briar Hill is going to start a short price next week, as seems likely, then 20/1 about the double looks fair enough for those that can.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #70004 on: March 06, 2014, 11:42:07 PM »

I think he looked pretty scared. He seems a nice enough guy though and I wasn't too harsh. Gave him a few lobs that he could smash on enhanced ew terms and price boosts and he sort of missed some open goals. I definitely understand their business plan and I don't really expect them to lay big bets to price sensitive customers. They don't give us the hypocrisy of pretending they are fearless layers like some.

I really like all the racing crew at Sporting Life, and Dave Ord hosts the racing podcast each week that Michael Shinners is on.  I think Ben Linfoot is the best racing pundit from the group, but he wouldn't have been as good for TV I guess. I actually felt quite bad for him by the end, because you made him look so uncomfortable Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 11:45:58 PM by Marky147 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4663 4664 4665 4666 [4667] 4668 4669 4670 4671 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: