blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:19:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4933 4934 4935 4936 [4937] 4938 4939 4940 4941 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13445162 times)
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #74040 on: April 12, 2014, 08:49:21 AM »

One of the great South American Goalkeepers retires this week

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rog%C3%A9rio_Ceni

Over 110 career goals 53 from free kicks 16 caps for Brazil and a very good keeper.
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #74041 on: April 12, 2014, 08:54:12 AM »

Tony Conquest v Ovill McKenzie

I've sat patiently waiting all week on some additional markets being priced up for this one as I expected a rick...I wasn't disappointed. Some have a soft spot for McKenzie after he landed a 25/1 touch in Prizefighter a few tears back. He has a 21-12 record with 10 wins by KO. Firstly, he is better than that record suggests. Secondly he punches harder than his record suggests. Thirdly all of his KO wins have come inside 3 rounds. Reason for that? I think it's twofold. He is a pretty crude slugger who is easy to figure out as he keeps looking for the same shot and also his stamina isn't the best so his punches soon lack snap.

His opponent is a far more skilled technician and if he can get through the early rounds will probably win a wide UD or stop McKenzie late on. However getting through the early rounds won't be straightforward as we can see from McKenzie's record. If we look at Conquest's record if suddenly looks even tougher. He was a big favourite with an unbeaten record when he fought Neil Dawson another pretty crude slugger with crap stamina as we discovered a couple of weeks back. He got sparked in the first round. He has since rebuilt his career with 3 wins but not without another scare along the way. He was down in both the first and 2nd rounds against Wadi Camacho before winning a wide decision.

McKenzie is a 3/1 shot to win the fight which is fair. However we know he is very dangerous early and we know Conquest is vulnerable early. Therefore the 20/1 for McKenzie to win in rounds 1-3 is huge. Bet every day are the only firm with round group betting priced up at the minute and I'm guessing the will let you have 43p. So you can have £20 of mine if you want just let me know.

That was quick from the lurkers straight to 14/1
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #74042 on: April 12, 2014, 08:58:09 AM »

The lurkers are ready whether posted at 2am or 8am on a Saturday

Come say hello "compilers"
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74043 on: April 12, 2014, 09:04:42 AM »

The Scene

A street corner on 38th and Broadway, NYC

Click to see full-size image.

An illegal bookie meets with an employee to discuss the day's takings

"Hey Vito, come and tell me how we did today" said Don, smoking an enormous cigar

"Hey boss, a good day. We've been laying everything they back on that tips for tikay thread."

"Yes?" said Don, a broad smile creasing his face in anticipation "tell me more"

"It wasn't looking so good, boss, they were making money this month but it all turned round yesterday"  

"I was worried early in the afternoon. The old man was asleep and they were set for a good day"

"asleep again?" enquired Don "no one told him about the narcoleptic properties of beetroot yet?"

"don't know boss, anyway they had a big bet on Oosthuizen to be second round leader at Augusta. All our agents had laid it across the country when they saw the bet go up. Fingers jimmy in Minnesota, Fats domino the pizza man in Cleveland...." as the list grew it soon became apparent that it was important to the syndicate that Oosthuizen lost

"and he was -5 teeing off on the 15th, joint leader and they had chances of winning a grand and we were going to do millions"

Don sat up

"please tell me the Old Man woke up?"

Vito said, deadpan

"the old man woke up. Even better, he posted on their forum about possibly winning a grand"

Don visibly relaxed

Vito continued

"Oosthuizen imploded on 15. 3rd shot into the water, 5th onto green, sixth putted short, 7th raced by, 8th into hole. Back to -1. Ended 7 shots off the lead"

Don shook his head

"will those schmucks never learn?"

the question hung heavy as Vito continued

"the golf got better for us. Zach Johnson, Garcia and Schwarzel all missed the cut"

Don nodded sagely

"I knew Garcia would miss the cut" he said and cut off Vito when he was about to ask why

"so they did £270 on the golf and now have to rely on Freddie Couples and Jordan Speith to get them out of it"

"even better, they were on Castle-ford"

"Castle-ford?" enquired Don

"a bleak industrial nightmare somewhere off the A1 in Northern England" replied Vito "like Detriot, only without the charm"

Don nodded

"18-0 up, then 24-10 up. At 11/4 they were set to claw some back. My lads were not happy"

Don arched an eyebrow

"but it was ok, the old man posted on the forum again"

Don waited, expectant

""its in the bag, surely we can't lose?" the old man was saying. Even joking about it"

"go on" said Don

"Only it wasn't in the bag and Saint Helens came back to win 30-28"

Don shook his head

"He did it again. Why don't those schmucks keep him away from a computer when they have a sweat on?"

Vito shook his head back

"beats me boss"

and continued

"Only one bad bet for us yesterday. Doooobye put up droopy sultana at romford. Stands to raisin that it won, from that source"

Don went to speak but Vito got the bad news out early

"it won at 15/8 and they won £75 on it. Fortunately it went up so late that we didn't get a chance to lay it"

Don raised a hand

"never lay anything dooobye puts up. golden rule. so that worked out well too"

"Yes boss. "

Don pondered then asked a final question

"so they did their whole monthly profit in a day?"

"Yes boss they set fire to £213. We won thousands"

"good job Vito. If the old man is asleep tomorrow, get English Ray to wake him up, somehow"

"Yes boss"
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 09:08:14 AM by TightEnd » Logged

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74044 on: April 12, 2014, 09:09:20 AM »

Incredible!

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74045 on: April 12, 2014, 09:10:08 AM »

I've sat patiently waiting all week on some additional markets being priced up for this one as I expected a rick...I wasn't disappointed. Some have a soft spot for McKenzie after he landed a 25/1 touch in Prizefighter a few tears back. He has a 21-12 record with 10 wins by KO. Firstly, he is better than that record suggests. Secondly he punches harder than his record suggests. Thirdly all of his KO wins have come inside 3 rounds. Reason for that? I think it's twofold. He is a pretty crude slugger who is easy to figure out as he keeps looking for the same shot and also his stamina isn't the best so his punches soon lack snap.

His opponent is a far more skilled technician and if he can get through the early rounds will probably win a wide UD or stop McKenzie late on. However getting through the early rounds won't be straightforward as we can see from McKenzie's record. If we look at Conquest's record if suddenly looks even tougher. He was a big favourite with an unbeaten record when he fought Neil Dawson another pretty crude slugger with crap stamina as we discovered a couple of weeks back. He got sparked in the first round. He has since rebuilt his career with 3 wins but not without another scare along the way. He was down in both the first and 2nd rounds against Wadi Camacho before winning a wide decision.

McKenzie is a 3/1 shot to win the fight which is fair. However we know he is very dangerous early and we know Conquest is vulnerable early. Therefore the 20/1 for McKenzie to win in rounds 1-3 is huge. Bet every day are the only firm with round group betting priced up at the minute and I'm guessing the will let you have 43p. So you can have £20 of mine if you want just let me know.

Hi Bazza,

If we are not too late, yes please.

Let me know, please, & if OK, I'll send the cash across immediately.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #74046 on: April 12, 2014, 09:18:00 AM »

Hi Bazza,

Booked. Can settle up afterwards.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74047 on: April 12, 2014, 09:18:31 AM »

Channel 4 Racing ‏@Channel4Racing

Pete Scu: "Lie Forrit is well in at the weights and could have a great chance, the other one with a similar profile is Trustan Times."

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74048 on: April 12, 2014, 09:21:07 AM »

Dundee United any odds against is a triple max fwiw.    I make them around 4/7

this is at Ibrox?

Dundee U should be 4/7 at Ibrox?

before the bet goes on, just clarify please

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74049 on: April 12, 2014, 09:25:13 AM »

Chris Holins would certainly be eager for the gig, having spoken to him a couple of months back.

I have no idea if the powers that be are considering him; but given he's a previous winner, proven presenter, amiable sort, and very much 'available' I wouldn't want to be laying 25s. If the acid test of a price in the more subjective/opinion-driven markets is whether you would want to lay it yourself... The price is so big because he fired off at the Beeb over the move to Manchester, but I'm always willing to forgive a horse one bad run.

Recommend £10 Chris Hollins next Strictly host @ 25/1 with BtVctr or WllmHll

Hollins is 10/1 now, unfortunately.

Winkleman 1/4

I don't propose doing Hollins at 10-1.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74050 on: April 12, 2014, 09:25:13 AM »

Hi Bazza,

Booked. Can settle up afterwards.

OK, thank you.

Confirmed BOOKED

BET PLACED

Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #74051 on: April 12, 2014, 09:31:15 AM »

Chris Holins would certainly be eager for the gig, having spoken to him a couple of months back.

I have no idea if the powers that be are considering him; but given he's a previous winner, proven presenter, amiable sort, and very much 'available' I wouldn't want to be laying 25s. If the acid test of a price in the more subjective/opinion-driven markets is whether you would want to lay it yourself... The price is so big because he fired off at the Beeb over the move to Manchester, but I'm always willing to forgive a horse one bad run.

Winkleman 1/4

I heard on chris evans breakfast show about 3-4 days ago winkleman had got this already, no?

Carpe Diem
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #74052 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39:06 AM »

Winkleman 1/4

I heard on chris evans breakfast show about 3-4 days ago winkleman had got this already, no?

Chris Evans, Waz?

Roll Eyes

Winkleman was reported in the red tops the other day as having the job. In their defence, they were right about Kylie leaving The Voice, but there's a bit against their accuracy of reporting...

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Tonji
They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74053 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39:25 AM »

Brilliant Tighty  

http://www.photonet.org.uk/

They got a name for all the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #74054 on: April 12, 2014, 09:39:42 AM »

Incredible!

+1
Pages: 1 ... 4933 4934 4935 4936 [4937] 4938 4939 4940 4941 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: