blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 01:49:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 4961 4962 4963 4964 [4965] 4966 4967 4968 4969 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13588285 times)
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #74460 on: April 15, 2014, 12:34:03 AM »

Evening

I'm not sure about Fred's championship positions but have noticed that Wigan are 3/1 for promotion with BMU (5/2 elsewhere and 3.8 on betfair)

Assuming Wigan make the playoffs, they surely have to be better than a 25% shot.

QPR don't seem to have the stomach for the fight and will probably be Wigan's semi final opponent. If Wigan get to wembley their recent experience of these occasions will surely give them a bit of a hedge against anyone.

A negative is that the cup/European runs may leave them out of gas going into the playoffs and tough games against Reading and Burnley  over Easter could possibly see them miss out on the play offs, but Uwe seems to have them well drilled and they look like a prem team already.

Recommend £30@ 3/1 with BMU. No bet at 5/2 or if other positions make this a no go. There may  also be more value in  waiting to see if they make the playoffs then punting them to qualify one tie at a time.

Thoughts?
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #74461 on: April 15, 2014, 12:43:48 AM »

Evening

I'm not sure about Fred's championship positions but have noticed that Wigan are 3/1 for promotion with BMU (5/2 elsewhere and 3.8 on betfair)

Assuming Wigan make the playoffs, they surely have to be better than a 25% shot.

QPR don't seem to have the stomach for the fight and will probably be Wigan's semi final opponent. If Wigan get to wembley their recent experience of these occasions will surely give them a bit of a hedge against anyone.

A negative is that the cup/European runs may leave them out of gas going into the playoffs and tough games against Reading and Burnley  over Easter could possibly see them miss out on the play offs, but Uwe seems to have them well drilled and they look like a prem team already.

Recommend £30@ 3/1 with BMU. No bet at 5/2 or if other positions make this a no go. There may  also be more value in  waiting to see if they make the playoffs then punting them to qualify one tie at a time.

Thoughts?

Wigan are a 1/6 shot to make the top 6 therefore at 3/1 that implies they are 4.0/1.166 =3.4 or 12/5 to win the play offs should they make it.  I don't see that as any great value given the length of their season.  Can't possibly see them going off shorter than 12/5 if they make the playoffs.  Recommendation: no bet at 3/1
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #74462 on: April 15, 2014, 01:02:44 AM »

I would be with arb on this.  Would much rather back them at 11/4 once they are in the playoffs.  They won't be any shorter than that imo and may be 3/1 then and there has to be a chance that the Easter period, euro games and cup run start to take their toll over that period.

Omm

View Profile
« Reply #74463 on: April 15, 2014, 08:46:03 AM »

To be fair everyone knows Luis Suarez is not the greatest example of humanity and am sure I am not alone in despairing at the way footballers act on the pitch. This has been discussed ad nauseam in the media etc, having that discussion here would be going over very old ground.

Whereas golf is very much still outwardly to the public very much a gentlemen's game and anyone acting in an inappropriate way is going to attract attention.

It is all about standards we set for the behaviour in each sport. Fwiw I didn't think speiths behaviour was that bad, though I may have missed some comments to the caddy. I also would take a shock and awe approach to football if I was in charge. Admittedly we would be playing 8 a side for the first few months of my new rules but if footballers want to act in the way they currently do diving, cheating, being disrespectful to officials they can sit in the changing room for the rest of the game. They would eventually be forced to learn as the more disciplined teams would be doing the winning.

With regard to Spieth's behaviour, apart from all that has been said, it seems obvious to me that his behaviour also helped him lose The Masters. Much better to be level headed and in control of your emotions during a high pressured situation than let your emotions control you. Even in something like Boxing I would expect someone would need controlled aggression rather than showing his opponent he is out of control. To me Jordan showed weakness and was punished for it.

I love a quote from one of the golfers after his round, I think it was Kuchar, said something like " if I had made two birdies and finished on 72, I would have been delighted" this was in reference to dropping a couple of shots near the end and finishing on 72. Much better way of looking at things.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74464 on: April 15, 2014, 09:04:44 AM »

To be fair everyone knows Luis Suarez is not the greatest example of humanity and am sure I am not alone in despairing at the way footballers act on the pitch. This has been discussed ad nauseam in the media etc, having that discussion here would be going over very old ground.

Whereas golf is very much still outwardly to the public very much a gentlemen's game and anyone acting in an inappropriate way is going to attract attention.

It is all about standards we set for the behaviour in each sport. Fwiw I didn't think speiths behaviour was that bad, though I may have missed some comments to the caddy. I also would take a shock and awe approach to football if I was in charge. Admittedly we would be playing 8 a side for the first few months of my new rules but if footballers want to act in the way they currently do diving, cheating, being disrespectful to officials they can sit in the changing room for the rest of the game. They would eventually be forced to learn as the more disciplined teams would be doing the winning.

With regard to Spieth's behaviour, apart from all that has been said, it seems obvious to me that his behaviour also helped him lose The Masters. Much better to be level headed and in control of your emotions during a high pressured situation than let your emotions control you. Even in something like Boxing I would expect someone would need controlled aggression rather than showing his opponent he is out of control. To me Jordan showed weakness and was punished for it.

I love a quote from one of the golfers after his round, I think it was Kuchar, said something like " if I had made two birdies and finished on 72, I would have been delighted" this was in reference to dropping a couple of shots near the end and finishing on 72. Much better way of looking at things.

Yes, I agree, his "temprement" contributed to his downfall, if 2nd in the Masters at 20 years of age can be so described.

But he is just a boy, and at that age, I think he can be permitted some indiscretions. Many of us never understood such things at his tender age, & it was, I'd suggest, THE most stressful & intense day of his entire life. Imagine, winning the Masters at that age - it's nigh on unbelievable.   

I'm a stickler for correct behaviour & dress on the Golf Course, but allowances can be made on occasion, imo.

We sit at home, in front of the TV, & we pass judgement on footballers, jockeys, golfers, all sorts, but few of us - any of us - have never been in that spot, & never will. 

In 2011 or 2012, I can't rightly remember which, Rory had The Masters all sewn up, leading with 9 holes to go, then completely imploding. It might have been the most costly sporting implosion ever, the poor chap just "lost it" mentally, & went to pieces.

And guess what someone Posted on blonde.

fucking clown

I doubt I've ever seen such an insensitive comment on blonde.

We have never been in these situations, & never will. How would we react in these circumstances? We'll never know.

It's all well & good saying what these sportsmen should or should not do, but I think it behoves us to try & understand WHY, & to make allowances for mitigating circumstances - in this case, immaturity, & the pressure.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74465 on: April 15, 2014, 09:23:28 AM »

Re: footballer's behavior, the root problem is that footballers are more important than the clubs, and the clubs are more important than the leagues and FA.  Take the guy who beat his captain up at Port Vale- although Port Vale to their credit have sacked him rather than trying to sell him on you can bet any money you like that he'll be signed by someone else over the summer and resuming a career as a pro footballer next season. So why behave better?

I'm not saying that footballers should scrape and bow and be at their clubs beck and call, but the balance has gone too far the other way.
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #74466 on: April 15, 2014, 10:14:22 AM »

Considering convicted rapists and murderers have found clubs in England easily i think Jones wont have a problem.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74467 on: April 15, 2014, 10:14:56 AM »

Daily Report

Profit on Month £270.82

Outstanding Bets £3577.14

Free bets ONE WILLIAM HILL BY 19TH APRIL*, £55 BETFRED

*tikay Admin to check: 1) William Hill free bet check, 2) London Marathon refund

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aia1Hxq-NDNWdFk3UmlTSXMzTjRBTVNfOWRndVFsZHc&usp=drive_web#gid=23

No bets completed yesterday

Leicester City's point at Reading took them 7 points clear with 4 games to go. We want them to win the title to land the 4/1 bet.

The Reading point, although it took them back into sixth, was decent news for the Bournemouth bet, and with four teams seperated by two points chasing the last play off spot, I would say its pretty likely to come down to the last game and a nice sweat on that 16-1 top six bet

Sadly Nugent, who has looked off form for about a month now, did not score. In fact, it was a struggle to tell he was playing for much of the game

In LVCC2 Groenewald took another three wickets, thats now 7 in the game, at Chelmsford though Essex themselves moved into a strong position with a much better second inning batting display

Laurie Evans of Warwickshire had a disappointing first match of the season with the bat. 4 in the first innings, 15 in the second

In the NBA OKC lost last night. You can see the current play off standings at http://www.nba.com/standings/team_record_comparison/conferenceNew_Std_Cnf.html?ls=iref:nba:gnav and we have two runners in it, Oklahoma and Brooklyn

The Baltimore Orioles were the only one of our three MLB interests in action last night, they beat the Rays 7-1

Tonight, Arsenal. Must win, or else bets are being settled as losers.......

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74468 on: April 15, 2014, 10:21:42 AM »

Ping Pong? https://vine.co/v/Miih9r33eq5

Click to see full-size image.

Click to see full-size image.

My eyes are open wide
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74469 on: April 15, 2014, 10:26:13 AM »

What?

Explain, please.

Extraordinary card.

Was there some jiggery-pokery going off?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74470 on: April 15, 2014, 10:28:23 AM »

What?

Explain, please.

Extraordinary card.

Was there some jiggery-pokery going off?

no, completely kosher. or the Bangladeshi equivalent of kosher

Just one of those extraordinary things. cricket stat nerd heaven

My eyes are open wide
Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #74471 on: April 15, 2014, 11:00:12 AM »

"Common boys, we've got em here. 77-6, just need to keep the pressure up and we'll be off for an early tea."
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #74472 on: April 15, 2014, 11:02:24 AM »

The 9/1 with Patrick on Silva in the City game looks fair whats bets that at 1/5th odds or beteveryday at 15/2 1/3 odds?
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #74473 on: April 15, 2014, 11:08:51 AM »

"Common boys, we've got em here. 77-6, just need to keep the pressure up and we'll be off for an early tea."

Yup.

115 overs later........

Bad Beat

View Profile
« Reply #74474 on: April 15, 2014, 11:14:59 AM »

I sold the runs after the 5th wicket.
Pages: 1 ... 4961 4962 4963 4964 [4965] 4966 4967 4968 4969 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: