blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:10:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 5602 5603 5604 5605 [5606] 5607 5608 5609 5610 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13443175 times)
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #84075 on: July 29, 2014, 11:28:27 AM »

Before we sign off for the evening, there is one piece of news to bring you.

England batsman Moeen Ali wore wristbands declaring his support for the population of Gaza while batting and fielding on the second day. Moeen's extra clothing featured the slogans 'Save Gaza' and 'Free Palestine'.

Rule 19F, covering clothing and equipment in the ICC players' code of conduct, states: "Players and team officials shall not be permitted to wear, display or otherwise convey messages through arm bands or other items affixed to clothing or equipment unless approved in advance by the player or team official's Board. Approval shall not be granted for messages which relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes."

A statement from the England and Wales Cricket Board read: "The ECB believe Moeen has done nothing wrong."

One for tighty. Thoughts on this?

The ECB is spineless

The ICC should charge him with a level 1 offence, consistent with the laws shown above

irrespective of his personal views

How uttterly ridiculous.

He has not breached this?

"Approval shall not be granted for messages which relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes."

Oh yes he has......

This is a humanitarian issue and he is fully entitled to show his support for the people of palestine where gennocide is being committed. 
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #84076 on: July 29, 2014, 11:32:36 AM »

Antoinette Müller @mspr1nt  ·  1h
Don't be so silly, Twitter. Cricketers are only allowed to express personal opinions that are paid for and prescribed to them.
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #84077 on: July 29, 2014, 11:37:52 AM »

It is impossible to give team orders when you have two number one drivers fighting for the championship

team orders only work when you have a clear number 2 driver, who is asked to give way..eg massa to alonso quite often at ferrari in recent years

the team was naive, as comments subsequent to the race realised

Hamilton, just like Vettel when he ignored the multi 21 order in Malaysia (much more clear cut than this instance) knows that the power lies with the driver if they are talented enough, not the team

you can't compare it to a standard employee/employer relationship. for a start complying with team orders won't be in their contracts.

This. 

I don't get this idea either that because you pay someone X you can instruct them to do as you please.  If my employer asked me to do something that a) wasn't in my contract or b) that I felt was morally wrong I would challenge it.  As an underwriter I come across situations everyday that are outwith policy/published guidance part of my job is to challenge that if I were the employer I would be happy that my employees felt able to challenge me and my orders, they would get more respect that some tosser who just does as they are told at every turn and who can't think for themselves.

I remember reading something once about Walter Elias having a peculiar way of interviewing people and offering them soup, if he offered them salt or pepper and they added to the soup without testing he immediately disregarded them for any position. 
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #84078 on: July 29, 2014, 11:42:45 AM »

3.05 Goodwood

Garswood on the B365 offer? its 9/2 2nd fav behind Toormore that we have backed with WH (i believe) Betfair is 5.9.

Is it a back at this price with the B365 offer? At what price is it a back and what should I/we be looking for with this offer. I know Tikay will only be able to get £1.65 on but always worth a discussion i believe!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84079 on: July 29, 2014, 11:42:54 AM »

Sorry, too busy dreaming about the parallel universe in which Lewis drives for Team Tikay and gets to watch the next race from the naughty step..

Dead right too, that's where he'd be. And I'd deduct half a crown from his wages, too.

I must add, it seems, a smiley to some of my posts, as folks tend to take them a little too seriously, mind. In shock news, I'm here for the fun. Ridiculous, I know.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84080 on: July 29, 2014, 11:43:13 AM »

Lol @ "GoodToSoftWood".

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
scotty2hatty
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #84081 on: July 29, 2014, 11:51:46 AM »

Take the 9/2, I know Scotty said that we want the 5-1 but you can see others are 3-1 already and it will probably nearer 2-1 come the off.

It isn't going to be nearer 2/1 at the off, surely not. If that's a strong view then people should be loading up.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #84082 on: July 29, 2014, 11:51:49 AM »

England batsman Moeen Ali wore wristbands declaring his support for the population of Gaza while batting and fielding on the second day. Moeen's extra clothing featured the slogans 'Save Gaza' and 'Free Palestine'.

Rule 19F, covering clothing and equipment in the ICC players' code of conduct, states: "Players and team officials shall not be permitted to wear, display or otherwise convey messages through arm bands or other items affixed to clothing or equipment unless approved in advance by the player or team official's Board. Approval shall not be granted for messages which relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes."

A statement from the England and Wales Cricket Board read: "The ECB believe Moeen has done nothing wrong."

The ECB is spineless

The ICC should charge him with a level 1 offence, consistent with the laws shown above

How uttterly ridiculous.

"Approval shall not be granted for messages which relate to political, religious or racial activities or causes."

Oh yes he has......

This is a humanitarian issue and he is fully entitled to show his support for the people of palestine where gennocide is being committed. 

not under the ICC rules he isn't, and now he is not allowed to. its is obviously political and humanitaran 

Off to buy my Help for Heroes shirt

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #84083 on: July 29, 2014, 11:55:41 AM »

https://m.oddschecker.com/m#horse-racing-betting-goodwood-14-30-winner

Lot of places are top 3 1/5 odds
365 are top 3 1/4 odds and also have the channel 4 offer.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #84084 on: July 29, 2014, 12:09:44 PM »

Pujara - struggling to remember a top quality batsman getting so many starts in a series and then always failing to push on!
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #84085 on: July 29, 2014, 12:10:34 PM »

https://m.oddschecker.com/m#horse-racing-betting-goodwood-14-30-winner

Lot of places are top 3 1/5 odds
365 are top 3 1/4 odds and also have the channel 4 offer.

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing-betting/goodwood/14:30/winner

for thouse not wanting the mobile link! Wink

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #84086 on: July 29, 2014, 12:11:06 PM »

I have just noticed that having put my usual restricted bet on a horse on PP last night, £3 and change, This morning I forgot and pressed max, and it allowed me a further £3 and change.

Does this happen all the time?

If i go back later will it happen again?

What is the thinking. Do they have an overnight guy with no testicles, who is replaced by a guy in the morning with a very small pair, who in turn is replaced later by a guy with a slightly bigger pair again?

Does anyone have the answers to this tiny shaft of light in trying to get money on?

many thanks

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Kmac84

View Profile
« Reply #84087 on: July 29, 2014, 12:12:28 PM »

The ECB is spineless

How uttterly ridiculous.

Oh yes he has......

not under the ICC rules he isn't, and now he is not allowed to. its is obviously political and humanitaran 

Off to buy my Help for Heroes shirt

As Paddy would say I hear you.  

But in terms of things like this rules can go and take a giant f**k to themselves.  If I were Mosheen Ali, I'd keep doing it.  

Probably not for the forum or for this thread but one of my favourite songs was Dunnes Stores by Christy Moore.  Worth a listen and even have a look through the lyrics.  
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #84088 on: July 29, 2014, 12:13:29 PM »

The way i see the Lewis Hamilton affair is that it is no different to John Cena and Randy Orton refusing to co operate with the WWE suits script in a pay per view event and them deciding to have a ruck on their terms in the ring rather than obey company orders.  This is why i never watch F1 and bet on it because it is effectively scripted.  People laugh at you when you watch wwe 'don't u know its fixed etc etc etc'.  F1 is nothing more imo.

I feel for anyone that competes in f1 because effectively you can't compete unless your boss tells you you are allowed to.  That, imo of course, is not sport.  These have been my views on F1 since i entered the betting industry and are not just because of this issue which arose this week.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 12:18:54 PM by arbboy » Logged
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #84089 on: July 29, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »

The way i see the Lewis Hamilton affair is that it is no different to John Cena and Randy Orton refusing to co operate with the WWE suits script in a pay per view event and them deciding to have a ruck on their terms in the ring rather than obey company orders.  This is why i never watch F1 and bet on it because it is effectively scripted.  People laugh at you when you watch wwe 'don't u know its fixed etc etc etc'.  F1 is nothing more imo

Yes yes yes.
Nobody would dare laugh at me for watching wwe though.
Pages: 1 ... 5602 5603 5604 5605 [5606] 5607 5608 5609 5610 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: