blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 03:00:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 7077 7078 7079 7080 [7081] 7082 7083 7084 7085 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13433799 times)
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106200 on: August 29, 2015, 01:54:39 PM »

Distance running is a truely global sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Another incredibly poor quote from Foster.  How many nations realistically can win a medal at distance running? 
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106201 on: August 29, 2015, 01:55:25 PM »

Daley now speaking sense in the studio.
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #106202 on: August 29, 2015, 02:10:56 PM »

Distance running is a truely global sport!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Another incredibly poor quote from Foster.  How many nations realistically can win a medal at distance running? 

it is a global sport, just because noone outside africa can compete doesnt mean it isnt global, the field has reps from around the world.

Hei s comparing it to cricket/rugby where only certain nations play or say rowing which is elitist.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106203 on: August 29, 2015, 02:11:10 PM »

farah has never held or got close to a relevant WR. Hes not even our best track and field star ever without even discussing sportsmen.

To add some context to this historically Mo is 64th on the all time fastest 5000m runs in history 16 seconds slower than the world record (his 2nd best ever 5000m time is ranked 174th of all time)

In the 10000m all time list he is 28th on the all time list nearly 30 seconds off the world record (his 2nd best ever 10000m time is ranked 47th of all time)

http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_10kok.htm
http://www.alltime-athletics.com/m_5000ok.htm

I appreciate winning gold medals at championships isn't about times etc.  However in a raw sport like athletics where it is so simple to compare generations unlike other sports Mo needs to stop saying times don't matter and crack on and show us how good he really is imo.  Fosters comment about him being better than some of those at the top of these lists is just stupid beyond belief.

What a performance by the yank in the decathlon.  New world record at a major championships.  He is a beast of a human being.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 02:28:53 PM by arbboy » Logged
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #106204 on: August 29, 2015, 02:14:21 PM »

farah has never held or got close to a relevant WR. Hes not even our best track and field star ever without even discussing sportsmen.

To add some context to this historically Mo is 64th on the all time fastest 5000m runs in history (his 2nd best ever 5000m time is ranked 174th of all time)

In the 10000m all time list he is 28th on the all time list nearly 30 seconds off the world record (his 2nd best ever 10000m time is ranked 47th of all time)

I appreciate winning gold medals at championships isn't about times etc.  However in a raw sport like athletics where it is so simple to compare generations unlike other sports Mo needs to stop saying times don't matter and crack on and show us how good he really is imo.

What a performance by the yank in the decathlon.  New world record at a major championships.  He is a beast of a human being.

Pretty amazing from canadian to hang onto that monster aswell.

Didnt realise farahs record was as bad as that. If farah could get anywhere near the records he would have tried imo. The reason he has never gave the above a go is because it would mean people realise just how far bekele etc were ahead of farah.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106205 on: August 29, 2015, 02:18:18 PM »

To add some context to this historically Mo is 64th on the all time fastest 5000m runs in history (his 2nd best ever 5000m time is ranked 174th of all time)

I appreciate winning gold medals at championships isn't about times etc.  However in a raw sport like athletics where it is so simple to compare generations unlike other sports Mo needs to stop saying times don't matter and crack on and show us how good he really is imo.

Didnt realise farahs record was as bad as that. If farah could get anywhere near the records he would have tried imo. The reason he has never gave the above a go is because it would mean people realise just how far bekele etc were ahead of farah.

He is a distance running version of Greg Rutherford competing against jobbers compared to the all time greats.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106206 on: August 29, 2015, 02:21:24 PM »

A friend let me know about this one. I thought 10/1 was already big for the Palace win today, but the 20/1 for Palace to win and both teams to score looks worth a tenner with Batfair.

On my phone so apologies for no links.

Palace often win under Pardew while conceding and with our great away record, Chelsea perhaps not at their best and at those odds, I suggest a tenner.

Thanks Ant.

Any input from elsewhere on this, please?

I'm feeling a little queasy right now.

No opinions?

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #106207 on: August 29, 2015, 02:23:17 PM »

He is a distance running version of Greg Rutherford competing against jobbers compared to the all time greats.

Rutherfords right like, noone likes him coz hes ginger.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #106208 on: August 29, 2015, 02:25:39 PM »

A friend let me know about this one. I thought 10/1 was already big for the Palace win today, but the 20/1 for Palace to win and both teams to score looks worth a tenner with Batfair.

Palace often win under Pardew while conceding and with our great away record, Chelsea perhaps not at their best and at those odds, I suggest a tenner.

Thanks Ant.

No opinions?

Would love Ant to oppose Palace one time!!  Jose had 99 home league games and lost 1 just to add some context.  

2-1 3-1 3-2 palace coupled are a 20/1 shot on betfair correct score market.  20/1 isn't the worse bet in the world as you get a free roll on all the other scores as well like 4-0 4-1 4-2 etc if you actually think they can happen.  In reality 20/1 is probably close to being the right price.  the slightly better bet is probably just backing Palace at 10/1 (it is 9.5/1 on bf)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2015, 02:27:25 PM by arbboy » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106209 on: August 29, 2015, 02:27:34 PM »

Any thoughts on Leaderene in the 2.50 at Newmarket, today?

The ground had dried up significantly this morning from Soft to Good and thus will want the better ground. 18/1 chorals. It's a 15 runner race, so win only if we play. It's a dull looking card and this race in particular looks like one to scroll down past the shorties.

Views welcome. Tenner for a dose of normality?

There's been no feedback either way, & I need to pop out shortly, so we are all aboard with Corals. Sheesh, I'd forgotten what a piece of kit that Corals website was.

We have £10 win @ 18/1, Corals, Leaderene, 2.50 Newmarket, down to Spurs Bloke.

BET PLACED

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106210 on: August 29, 2015, 02:30:37 PM »

Thanks Ant.

No opinions?

Would love Ant to oppose Palace one time!!  Jose had 99 home league games and lost 1 just to add some context.  

2-1 3-1 3-2 palace coupled are a 20/1 shot on betfair correct score market.  20/1 isn't the worse bet in the world as you get a free roll on all the other scores as well like 4-0 4-1 4-2 etc if you actually think they can happen.  In reality 20/1 is probably close to being the right price.  the slightly better bet is probably just backing Palace at 10/1 (it is 9.5/1 on bf)

Thanks Argue.

For Chelsea to lose at home, it just feels it should be bigger to me, but Ant knows Palace as intimately as Chomps knows that dreadful Jemma woman, so maybe I should get on. Palace, I mean, not Miss Tarty Warty.  

JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #106211 on: August 29, 2015, 02:33:13 PM »

Thanks Ant.

No opinions?

2-1 3-1 3-2 palace coupled are a 20/1 shot on betfair correct score market.  20/1 isn't the worse bet in the world as you get a free roll on all the other scores as well like 4-0 4-1 4-2 etc if you actually think they can happen.  In reality 20/1 is probably close to being the right price.  the slightly better bet is probably just backing Palace at 10/1 (it is 9.5/1 on bf)

Thanks Argue.

For Chelsea to lose at home, it just feels it should be bigger to me, but Ant knows Palace as intimately as Chomps knows that dreadful Jemma woman, so maybe I should get on. Palace, I mean, not Miss Tarty Warty.  

*jenna

*nice bluff
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #106212 on: August 29, 2015, 02:53:02 PM »

The ground had dried up significantly this morning from Soft to Good and thus will want the better ground. 18/1 chorals. It's a 15 runner race, so win only if we play. It's a dull looking card and this race in particular looks like one to scroll down past the shorties.

Could you please check Betfair?  When backing win only or in bad handicaps, more often than not, you get better there. I'd say this is especially true of you look at the bottom of the market. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #106213 on: August 29, 2015, 02:54:52 PM »

Could you please check Betfair?  When backing win only or in bad handicaps, more often than not, you get better there. I'd say this is especially true of you look at the bottom of the market. 

Bugger.

Now I hope it loses. Sort of. Ish.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #106214 on: August 29, 2015, 03:04:52 PM »

Bugger.

Now I hope it loses. Sort of. Ish.

Hope it wins still.  Getting shorter now.  Maybe we will get a good price after all!

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Pages: 1 ... 7077 7078 7079 7080 [7081] 7082 7083 7084 7085 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: