blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 29, 2024, 03:19:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2274191 Posts in 66765 Topics by 16731 Members
Latest Member: Airdraken
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [8170] 8171 8172 8173 8174 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 14114694 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122535 on: October 18, 2016, 02:37:30 PM »

Before anyone starts, & we all kick off again, the Mods did NOT remove the latest post by argue. It just disappeared, as if by magic.

Now, how about we all move on & find some nice bets, & have a bit of fun along the way?

The thing is, if Hector would just say why 16/1 Edmund is a rick we could all have a fanatstic bet at 20s.

Well the more you badger him, the less likely he will. That's easy enough to see, surely?

Maybe - God forbid - he got it wrong.

It remains my view that at least he is sticking bets up, so is there to be shot at. Most of his detractors are not.

If I were hector, I'd not reply.  But everyone will have plenty of time in the future, as I gather he has no plans to go away, or hide in the corner. He puts bets up. How about everyone else?

I mean, can you even begin to imagine trying to argue with Argue? He'll not let go of the bone until hector says "sorry Mr Argue, I just thought it was a decent bet". Are we reduced to that?

Not at all.  If he turns round and says 'i make Edmund a 4/7 shot to beat Ferrer because Ferrer is gone at the game' that would be totally acceptable.  I would expect him then to have a decent bet on Edmund at circa 2/1 on the day of the match though to back up this opinion.  On a forum where dozens of people follow him in blind i would expect an explanation of why he thinks the 16/1 is value.  Not silence.  Is that too much to ask?  Why can't people take a bit of flak on here.  Why is everyone so sensitive? I have had to take bundles over the years rightly or wrongly.  No one steps in to protect little old arbboy when he takes the flak. If people have a different opinion from me we have a bet that is how the game works.

He has not complained, but I don't believe it has bothered him one iota. The discussion is more about how we debate than any specific bet really. If we want 10 pages on every bet we don't agree with, happy days, we'll get the Post Count back up to 2006 levels in no time.

And I would imagine the flak you have taken was well deserved, as when your class at School were doing social interaction & psychology, you were round the corner at LollzzLadbrokes punting the lolzz traders errors, or 16 tabling the LolzzFish on Betfair. And look where that has got you.

I really don't want to, but I guess I'd better add a smiley in case of whooshaments, as you seem to have your stern head on today.

Wink
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 02:40:31 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122536 on: October 18, 2016, 02:45:03 PM »

Talking of Post Count, September was the worst ever, but October looks like being significantly better.

So we should give thanks to those responsible., & here's the October Roll of Honour.

Renee

Will Kassouf

Donald Trump

Argue

hector

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #122537 on: October 18, 2016, 02:46:18 PM »

Imagine what'll happen if Trump wins, and they reverse Brexit Cheesy

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #122538 on: October 18, 2016, 02:47:41 PM »

On a betting forum i would imagine the most important thing about debating an issue would be the numbers behind the bet not how cuddly and nice we are all being to each other.  Remember what happened in 2010 when it was like that?  
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122539 on: October 18, 2016, 02:48:23 PM »

Imagine what'll happen if Trump wins, and they reverse Brexit Cheesy

blondes major shareholder might just drink a toast to that.

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #122540 on: October 18, 2016, 02:48:47 PM »

Talking of Post Count, September was the worst ever, but October looks like being significantly better.

So we should give thanks to those responsible., & here's the October Roll of Honour.

Renee

Will Kassouf

Donald Trump

Argue

hector

Just say the word and I'll get a couple of rucks going for you to get the post count up boss  
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #122541 on: October 18, 2016, 02:52:17 PM »

On a betting forum i would imagine the most important thing about debating an issue would be the numbers behind the bet not how cuddly and nice we are all being to each other.  Remember what happened in 2010 when it was like that?  

"As an Arbboy discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving The Grim approaches 1"

- Blondewin's Law.  Wink
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #122542 on: October 18, 2016, 02:54:45 PM »

"As an Arbboy discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving The Grim approaches 1"

- Blondewin's Law.  Wink

Don't sweat, it's on it's way, no danger.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #122543 on: October 18, 2016, 02:56:31 PM »

Before anyone starts, & we all kick off again, the Mods did NOT remove the latest post by argue. It just disappeared, as if by magic.

Now, how about we all move on & find some nice bets, & have a bit of fun along the way?

The thing is, if Hector would just say why 16/1 Edmund is a rick we could all have a fanatstic bet at 20s.

Well the more you badger him, the less likely he will. That's easy enough to see, surely?

Maybe - God forbid - he got it wrong.

It remains my view that at least he is sticking bets up, so is there to be shot at. Most of his detractors are not.

If I were hector, I'd not reply.  But everyone will have plenty of time in the future, as I gather he has no plans to go away, or hide in the corner. He puts bets up. How about everyone else?

I mean, can you even begin to imagine trying to argue with Argue? He'll not let go of the bone until hector says "sorry Mr Argue, I just thought it was a decent bet". Are we reduced to that?

Not at all.  If he turns round and says 'i make Edmund a 4/7 shot to beat Ferrer because Ferrer is gone at the game' that would be totally acceptable.  I would expect him then to have a decent bet on Edmund at circa 2/1 on the day of the match though to back up this opinion.  On a forum where dozens of people follow him in blind i would expect an explanation of why he thinks the 16/1 is value.  Not silence.  Is that too much to ask?  Why can't people take a bit of flak on here.  Why is everyone so sensitive? I have had to take bundles over the years rightly or wrongly.  No one steps in to protect little old arbboy when he takes the flak.  If people have a different opinion from me we have a bet that is how the game works.

Im very sorry, but this just isn't true. When we have had our rucks I think you will find a certain group of people defend you to the hilt.

As for Hector, I don't think for one minute he said Edmund WAS "Value" he said he thought he was a bet to win the thing.

I understand the odds calculations, but if you absolutely think someone will win despite the odds on the various outcomes not making it value, do you really just ignore it and let him go unbacked, and then kick yourself afterwards?Huh?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #122544 on: October 18, 2016, 03:00:39 PM »

... if you absolutely think someone will win despite the odds on the various outcomes not making it value, do you really just ignore it and let him go unbacked, and then kick yourself afterwards?Huh?

Yes, of course you do if you want to be profitable in the long run. How can you even think otherwise?
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #122545 on: October 18, 2016, 03:10:22 PM »

... if you absolutely think someone will win despite the odds on the various outcomes not making it value, do you really just ignore it and let him go unbacked, and then kick yourself afterwards?Huh?

Yes, of course you do if you want to be profitable in the long run. How can you even think otherwise?

Therefore define long run. I think 4 and 3/4 years is quite long.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #122546 on: October 18, 2016, 03:15:05 PM »

Don't bite.  Jesus.  Adding fuel to the flames!  Let him troll away about backing winners and not prices and understanding the odds calculations.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:31:38 PM by arbboy » Logged
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #122547 on: October 18, 2016, 03:26:20 PM »

odds of hectors next post being
'Edmund is through to the final'
Tonibell

View Profile
« Reply #122548 on: October 18, 2016, 03:27:52 PM »

Therefore define long run. I think 4 and 3/4 years is quite long.

As Keynes said, "In the long run we're all deaf."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #122549 on: October 18, 2016, 03:36:41 PM »

Don't bite.  Jesus.  Adding fuel to the flames!  Let him troll away about backing winners and not prices.

Standard.

I try to make a point= troll

You make a point= rational/reasoned/correct.

Poor old Arbboy, always being picked on, no one defends him, always being banned for nothing.

As I have said before, for someone so incredibly successful at punting, you do spend a lot of spare time on here, rather than on your yacht in Monaco.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:38:35 PM by BigAdz » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8166 8167 8168 8169 [8170] 8171 8172 8173 8174 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: