blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 09:01:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8575 8576 8577 8578 [8579] 8580 8581 8582 8583 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13436325 times)
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #128670 on: July 01, 2017, 08:51:35 PM »

Cancel that oi oi

If I placed the bet at 4/6 on PPooer what price should this have been settled at?

Depends if it was an ante-post bet(4/6) or a "day of race" market(-rule4).

Bet was placed yesterday at 7.30pm at 4/6
Doesn't show a rule 4 on the receipt, just looks like they changed the odds to 2/5.

You obviously bet before they had "adjusted the market" due to the latest non-runner and the bet was settled @ SP according to their T&C's.

'Obviously'

So condescending  Cry

Wink

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #128671 on: July 01, 2017, 08:59:05 PM »

Cancel that oi oi

If I placed the bet at 4/6 on PPooer what price should this have been settled at?

Depends if it was an ante-post bet(4/6) or a "day of race" market(-rule4).

Bet was placed yesterday at 7.30pm at 4/6
Doesn't show a rule 4 on the receipt, just looks like they changed the odds to 2/5.

You obviously bet before they had "adjusted the market" due to the latest non-runner and the bet was settled @ SP according to their T&C's.

'Obviously'

So condescending  Cry

Wink

Pardon me I meant to say "must have" - you never used to be this sensitive - I'll choose my words more carefully next time as you should choose your markets Smiley

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128672 on: July 01, 2017, 09:02:52 PM »

Both greyhound derby bets win English winner and the match bet with the favourite behind the. Second favourite

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
biggle57

View Profile
« Reply #128673 on: July 01, 2017, 09:07:04 PM »

Bet £3.65 have settled my bet as SP even though it was placed on 26/6 it states "reserve ran or Vacant trap". Is this correct? Surely it's ante post rules?
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #128674 on: July 01, 2017, 09:25:25 PM »

Bet £3.65 have settled my bet as SP even though it was placed on 26/6 it states "reserve ran or Vacant trap". Is this correct? Surely it's ante post rules?

Yeah, exact same as above for me. Placed on 26/06 too.
Cavey007

View Profile WWW
« Reply #128675 on: July 01, 2017, 10:25:36 PM »

Had a 4 fold from Arbs list... 3 wins and a place. Gutted. Cracking work though. 731, 856, 945, 1010 races.

4KSuited

View Profile
« Reply #128676 on: July 01, 2017, 11:56:02 PM »

Had a 4 fold from Arbs list... 3 wins and a place. Gutted. Cracking work though. 731, 856, 945, 1010 races.

+1

I missed the 731 but did the other 3 in a patent, so in profit. If our dog had got out of its box quicker in the 856 we'd have had a clean sweep of winners.

I must also add how impressed I was with the quality of racing at this level. And the broadcast coverage, too.

Thanks for sharing, arb.
TheDazzler

View Profile
« Reply #128677 on: July 02, 2017, 12:17:05 AM »

Cheers Arb, a few winners tonight. I owe you a drink!
nuros

View Profile
« Reply #128678 on: July 02, 2017, 12:19:00 AM »

Yeah, a good night! Thanks again Arb!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #128679 on: July 02, 2017, 12:30:25 AM »

Going to Towcester tonight and just finished doing the card.  My thoughts on each race as follows for those who want an interest on the biggest night of the greyhound year on sky sports 5 tonight.

628 - t3 got a dream draw to lead the inside.  Second fav looks badly drawn surrounded by early pace.  6/4 t3 more than fair.  
648 - Backing t2/t5 coupled at 7/2 and 4/1.  t1/3 look rock solid lays win and place to me at the early prices.
701 - Not too far Wildcat!  We already full of this at much better prices
716 - No bet
731 - Surprised the fav is odds against here.  Smash in odds against.  Lovely draw with 5 railers in the event given it will lead 1 up on the rail early.
748 - t2 looks badly drawn outside 1 here.  Bet t1 at 5/2
804 - Already discussed by Micko
821 - Tough race here with 5 railers.  t1 will lead inside but shouldn't last home against better stayers.  t3/t5 are place lays for me in this event.  Really like t2 but he is badly drawn and looks booked for more carnage in running after a tough derby campaign.
838 - No bet

856 - Derby Final.  We are already on the match bet earlier in the week.  At the prices.  t5 ew with skybet 1/5 1,2,3 place terms at 2/1 or bigger looks a stonking bet to me.  There is no way this is 2/5 to place in the top 3 for me.  Close to bf price for the win part as well.  
925 - no bet
945 - t3 9/4 to power home.  If it leads early it will be a case of how far.
1010 - Trainer should have the fav in t1 in tip top shape after a lay off/trial last week.  Holds t2 comfortably on Sheffield form over same distance.  t2 looks a decent place lay to me at the prices.  Given the draw he looks a bad 2nd fav to me.  I would make t4 the danger to the jolly.  t1 bet at 6/4.
1030 - No bet

Good luck all.  Hope tighty can bet as many of the selections as possible if he is around.  Stakes up to him as usual.

Solid!  #wisheverynightwasthateasy #BOGnotrequired!

Actually forgot about the English winner of the derby bet at 9/4 among all the other winners!  Incredible night at the track.  Atmosphere was awesome.  Everything about the event attracts proper dog people but, more importantly, for the long term good of the game people who want a stylish night out in classy surroundings.  The open space and countryside gives the place a lovely feeling compared to the piss hole that was Wimbledon for the Derby.  The weather was great early doors and the place was packed 2 hours before racing with people relaxing outside having a drink. Think the Derby will be at Towcester for as long as they have a dog track.  The rag of the field won fair and square.  Went off 55/1 on the machine but TS was right up its arse with a solo and couldn't get past it.  Fair play to the Cahill's.  Proper trainers who will probably be taking 10 graders to Hove first thing tomorrow morning for a 11am start even though they just won the derby.

Virtually everything halved in price and most of them shit up as well.  Perfect night really.  Sprint went a bit wrong early doors but that was the only major hiccup.  Getting them to shorten in price is easier than getting them to actually win most nights.  So awesome to back a couple of dogs who are massive stayers and bounce out and lead at the first bend and you can just oioioioi them home from 20 seconds knowing they are 1.01.  Bruisers and Wildcat both went quicker than the Derby winner.  Alongside Bluebird who shit up as well within a length of the Derby winner as well.  

Comedy moment of the night was in the 1010pm when the cash was really starting to plunge on the t1.  Someone fat fingered on bf and hoovered everything down from 4/5 to 1/7 on the machine about 5 minutes before the off (they knew - no such thing as a bad priced winner) and a couple of the on track layers went from 4/5 to 1/2 or 2/5 for a minute until the bf market settled again.  Just shows you how much they follow the machine and how little some of the on course layers actually know about the game.  Thought fitness was going to be an issue for the Draper dog after the huge plunge but it saw the trip out just about to get home.

Wildcat went off tight 4/11 on bf on the off for decent four figures and 2/5 in the ring.  Anyone who took the 8/13 in the week should get that under ante post rules.  Depending on when you took the price yesterday might mean you revert to sp.  Not entirely sure when ante post becomes day of the race time wise.  Can't really help on that.

Racingblogger?  Really?  Wtf is he all about?  Far too much make up and fake tan causing severe acne youngster.  Go easy on it.  Stood in the ring just watching him for a few minutes wondering wtf he is doing generally!  I assume his angle will be affiliate deals via his SM feeds to get mugs to follow him in doing his bollocks and he will get a cut of it via the back door.  If not what is in it for him other than his ego constantly being stroked?   Good for the game though as it is clearly bringing kids into the game.  He must have posed for dozens of selfies with people tonight.  Quite incredible.  Maybe i should be the dogblogger? What you reckon?

Hope you all made a few quid and got the early prices that i couldn't!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 12:57:45 AM by arbboy » Logged
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #128680 on: July 02, 2017, 12:47:32 AM »

Even I had a bet on the 9.45, cheers. Wish I'd gone up there tonight.

sola virtus nobilitat
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #128681 on: July 02, 2017, 01:39:27 AM »

Wp Arb

Cheers
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128682 on: July 02, 2017, 05:44:47 AM »

Anyone heard from Big Adz, or know if he is ok?

Not posted for 13 days, but did log in a few days ago.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Omm

View Profile
« Reply #128683 on: July 02, 2017, 07:54:25 AM »

Going to Towcester tonight and just finished doing the card.  My thoughts on each race as follows for those who want an interest on the biggest night of the greyhound year on sky sports 5 tonight.

628 - t3 got a dream draw to lead the inside.  Second fav looks badly drawn surrounded by early pace.  6/4 t3 more than fair.  
648 - Backing t2/t5 coupled at 7/2 and 4/1.  t1/3 look rock solid lays win and place to me at the early prices.
701 - Not too far Wildcat!  We already full of this at much better prices
716 - No bet
731 - Surprised the fav is odds against here.  Smash in odds against.  Lovely draw with 5 railers in the event given it will lead 1 up on the rail early.
748 - t2 looks badly drawn outside 1 here.  Bet t1 at 5/2
804 - Already discussed by Micko
821 - Tough race here with 5 railers.  t1 will lead inside but shouldn't last home against better stayers.  t3/t5 are place lays for me in this event.  Really like t2 but he is badly drawn and looks booked for more carnage in running after a tough derby campaign.
838 - No bet

856 - Derby Final.  We are already on the match bet earlier in the week.  At the prices.  t5 ew with skybet 1/5 1,2,3 place terms at 2/1 or bigger looks a stonking bet to me.  There is no way this is 2/5 to place in the top 3 for me.  Close to bf price for the win part as well.  
925 - no bet
945 - t3 9/4 to power home.  If it leads early it will be a case of how far.
1010 - Trainer should have the fav in t1 in tip top shape after a lay off/trial last week.  Holds t2 comfortably on Sheffield form over same distance.  t2 looks a decent place lay to me at the prices.  Given the draw he looks a bad 2nd fav to me.  I would make t4 the danger to the jolly.  t1 bet at 6/4.
1030 - No bet

Good luck all.  Hope tighty can bet as many of the selections as possible if he is around.  Stakes up to him as usual.

Solid!  #wisheverynightwasthateasy #BOGnotrequired!

Actually forgot about the English winner of the derby bet at 9/4 among all the other winners!  Incredible night at the track.  Atmosphere was awesome.  Everything about the event attracts proper dog people but, more importantly, for the long term good of the game people who want a stylish night out in classy surroundings.  The open space and countryside gives the place a lovely feeling compared to the piss hole that was Wimbledon for the Derby.  The weather was great early doors and the place was packed 2 hours before racing with people relaxing outside having a drink. Think the Derby will be at Towcester for as long as they have a dog track.  The rag of the field won fair and square.  Went off 55/1 on the machine but TS was right up its arse with a solo and couldn't get past it.  Fair play to the Cahill's.  Proper trainers who will probably be taking 10 graders to Hove first thing tomorrow morning for a 11am start even though they just won the derby.

Virtually everything halved in price and most of them shit up as well.  Perfect night really.  Sprint went a bit wrong early doors but that was the only major hiccup.  Getting them to shorten in price is easier than getting them to actually win most nights.  So awesome to back a couple of dogs who are massive stayers and bounce out and lead at the first bend and you can just oioioioi them home from 20 seconds knowing they are 1.01.  Bruisers and Wildcat both went quicker than the Derby winner.  Alongside Bluebird who shit up as well within a length of the Derby winner as well.  

Comedy moment of the night was in the 1010pm when the cash was really starting to plunge on the t1.  Someone fat fingered on bf and hoovered everything down from 4/5 to 1/7 on the machine about 5 minutes before the off (they knew - no such thing as a bad priced winner) and a couple of the on track layers went from 4/5 to 1/2 or 2/5 for a minute until the bf market settled again.  Just shows you how much they follow the machine and how little some of the on course layers actually know about the game.  Thought fitness was going to be an issue for the Draper dog after the huge plunge but it saw the trip out just about to get home.

Wildcat went off tight 4/11 on bf on the off for decent four figures and 2/5 in the ring.  Anyone who took the 8/13 in the week should get that under ante post rules.  Depending on when you took the price yesterday might mean you revert to sp.  Not entirely sure when ante post becomes day of the race time wise.  Can't really help on that.

Racingblogger?  Really?  Wtf is he all about?  Far too much make up and fake tan causing severe acne youngster.  Go easy on it.  Stood in the ring just watching him for a few minutes wondering wtf he is doing generally!  I assume his angle will be affiliate deals via his SM feeds to get mugs to follow him in doing his bollocks and he will get a cut of it via the back door.  If not what is in it for him other than his ego constantly being stroked?   Good for the game though as it is clearly bringing kids into the game.  He must have posed for dozens of selfies with people tonight.  Quite incredible.  Maybe i should be the dogblogger? What you reckon?

Hope you all made a few quid and got the early prices that i couldn't!

Cheers Arb 6/7 on the holiday paying acca, great night of muggy bets. Said to the wife we should have gone. Last time was when I had  Rio Quattro ante post at nice prices, was standing bang in the middle of Faroe Blitz crowd who was the favourite that hadn't lost getting to the final, much the same as Clare's Rocket last night, that's partly why I think it's such a great comp, dogs smash all those rounds and when it comes to the big one it's still down to what happens on the night.

Farloe Blitz owner also owns Hiya Butt so that means he has had a Derby finalist the last three years as well as being in the Irish Derby final with blitz (from memory) how cool is that? Must make dog owning a very enjoyable experience. Still reckon we should have a TFT greyhound for a laugh, with a TFT prefix the bookies would be running for cover!
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #128684 on: July 02, 2017, 08:29:22 AM »

Thing is last night we had 3 proper group 1 'horses' running against handicappers in the supporting races.  Bruisers, Wildcat and Bluebird. All 3 will be in the top 6 in the ante post betting for next year's Derby.  Bruisers was the most impressive for me as it is a huge stayer and showed a 5.14 sectional last night and 28.78 clock. It is barely 2 years old and will be in its prime next year Derby wise, trained by the champion trainer who is based at Towcester so has 'home advantage' with the derby at Towcester.  Hills go 33/1 for next year.  Not a fan of betting ante post this early but i wouldn't want to be laying 33/1 this dog even now.  

All three were boxed up to perfection as well draw wise last night.  They looked like mug bets at short prices but none of the prices were short enough in reality on the earlies.  The only reason they were gambled so much was simply because the lol traders with the firms priced them up so badly on their first show.  'You never go skint laying a short one'  Best saying of all time as the lols lay 11/10 about 4/5 shots, 4/6 about 4/11 shots and 5/2 about 7/4 shots. 

TFT grader would be fun running at romford every week on the TV.

Ben Keith wasn't lying about the amount of cash business in the ring flying around compared to Royal Ascot when he spoke on sky.  It was like going back 20 years when i first went to a dog track.  There were only 8 pitches there last night and effectively only 4 firms as each firm had 2 pitches in different locations.  I had a sneaky peak at their screens behind their joints at different times just to see the size of the business they were accommodating and it was much larger than i thought (esp for the local one man band type of layers who just stand at Towcester).  Pretty much every race was a one dog book as well for them 90% of the time.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 08:53:43 AM by arbboy » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8575 8576 8577 8578 [8579] 8580 8581 8582 8583 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: