blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 02:37:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8582 8583 8584 8585 [8586] 8587 8588 8589 8590 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13413377 times)
JohnCharver

View Profile
« Reply #128775 on: July 09, 2017, 04:17:54 PM »

Incredible stage of tour de france

GC riders to the fore

froomes bike malfunctions, Aru attacks, to the clear rage of froome when he caught him.
On the descent porte and dan martin crash horrifically, porte out of the race, martin bravely continues crashes again and finishes a minute down, with quintana who looks a shadow of himself.
Contador is spent force.
Barguil whos attacked relentlessly for 2 days thinks hes won the stage and is in tears (clearly told he won) but its rigobert Uran whos won on a broken bike.

Hope Portes ok, crash is just nasty.

Looks a 4 way fight, froome big favourite, Aru second favourite and Uran and Bardet who look strong but have a minute to find.
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #128776 on: July 09, 2017, 05:37:47 PM »

Hope she wins. Bottom line is they took the bet, the bet won, tough sh!t. Whether it's her money or not is 100% irrelevant. Scumbag bookmakers need bringing into line.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #128777 on: July 09, 2017, 06:47:03 PM »

Hope she wins. Bottom line is they took the bet, the bet won, tough sh!t. Whether it's her money or not is 100% irrelevant. Scumbag bookmakers need bringing into line.

Finer points on terms and conditions aside the real scumbag bit is the fact they think they can just help themselves to the original 25k stake.  Hope they get smashed in court. 
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #128778 on: July 09, 2017, 07:44:05 PM »

My view she is such a short fav because she has been over bet ante post and during the event.  Firms are full because she is British.  Just looks a classic overbet spot to me and a lay.  I didn't at any stage say it was a great betting opportunity (it is probably a min stakes lay tbh) but i make a living laying 7/1 shots at 11/2 day in day out. I have laid it personally after not being that impressed with her so far and put it on TFT because the place was quiet this week for some discussion without having a clue TFT were on Konta ante post at a huge price i imagine.

I get the fact some of the 10/1 12/1 pokes will shorten later in the day once they are through to the same stage as Konta but Konta will still be the fav which i don't think is right.  You seem to be taking it very personal doobs for some reason.

The irony of all this is that Konta and Vandeweghe are pretty much the same price once you allow for their next opponent (4.9 vs 5.1 which is 6.9/1.41 vs 8.9/1.74).  Muguruzza isn't much bigger.  If they both win equally convincingly, either could be favourite going into the quarter.  It is entirely possible Muguruzza could be favourite, even if they all get through.   

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #128779 on: July 09, 2017, 07:46:02 PM »

Well that didn't go well for the bets at all.

Hamilton's pace was slow in the second stint, Grosjean was (very surprisingly) too fast for Perez, and Magnussen had a hydraulics failure while challenging for points Sad

We pretty much needed quite a bit of rain, we were just a bit unlucky it didn't happen.   I woudln't get too unhappy.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #128780 on: July 09, 2017, 08:13:55 PM »

Finer points on terms and conditions aside the real scumbag bit is the fact they think they can just help themselves to the original 25k stake.  Hope they get smashed in court. 

Yeah I really don't see how they can dodge paying out and then hold onto the stake?!

Seems like murky water when they are using 'not her funds' as an excuse to swerve the payout.

Best Bitter.
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #128781 on: July 09, 2017, 08:21:26 PM »

Yeah I really don't see how they can dodge paying out and then hold onto the stake?!

Seems like murky water when they are using 'not her funds' as an excuse to swerve the payout.

Hard to think of any justification for them keeping the money.  25k, or whatever it is, isn't a reasonable fee for any inconvenience they have been caused.  I am not a lawyer, but can't see them looking favourably on things hidden in the terms and conditions even if the fee was reasonable.

StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #128782 on: July 09, 2017, 08:52:33 PM »

Hard to think of any justification for them keeping the money.  25k, or whatever it is, isn't a reasonable fee for any inconvenience they have been caused.  I am not a lawyer, but can't see them looking favourably on things hidden in the terms and conditions even if the fee was reasonable.

One hell of a punt though!
'Yeah most Tuesdays when I am bored at work I have 960, £13 lucky 15's.........'

Sounds like a billionaire version of Marky!

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
Peter-27

View Profile
« Reply #128783 on: July 09, 2017, 09:14:03 PM »

Well that didn't go well for the bets at all.

Hamilton's pace was slow in the second stint, Grosjean was (very surprisingly) too fast for Perez, and Magnussen had a hydraulics failure while challenging for points Sad

We pretty much needed quite a bit of rain, we were just a bit unlucky it didn't happen.   I woudln't get too unhappy.

Not sure I agree. With the exception of the podium bets, I had expected the others to come in even without rain.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #128784 on: July 09, 2017, 09:30:53 PM »

'Yeah most Tuesdays when I am bored at work I have 960, £13 lucky 15's.........'

Yup, typical bet by a 19 year old young lady. Whatever the rights & wrongs, of which I have zero interest, its easy to understand why the Bookie smelt a rat. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
nellberg

View Profile
« Reply #128785 on: July 09, 2017, 09:41:22 PM »

Incredible stage of tour de france

GC riders to the fore

froomes bike malfunctions, Aru attacks, to the clear rage of froome when he caught him.
On the descent porte and dan martin crash horrifically, porte out of the race, martin bravely continues crashes again and finishes a minute down, with quintana who looks a shadow of himself.
Contador is spent force.
Barguil whos attacked relentlessly for 2 days thinks hes won the stage and is in tears (clearly told he won) but its rigobert Uran whos won on a broken bike.

Hope Portes ok, crash is just nasty.

Looks a 4 way fight, froome big favourite, Aru second favourite and Uran and Bardet who look strong but have a minute to find.

Porte's crash looked brutal. Hope he's ok.

Don't get the whole "wait for the yellow jersey" craic. He didn't even crash, it was a mechanical. Dan Martin's crashed, not his fault, loses a minute, that's bike racing.

Issue for our bet going forward is that the peleton might turn on Aru, as he seemed the only one who thought attacking was fair game. He'll not get much help going forward but Fulgsang looked strong in support.

AG2R le Mondialle's tactics made for great watching today, really lit up the stage.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #128786 on: July 09, 2017, 11:11:00 PM »

Yup, typical bet by a 19 year old young lady. Whatever the rights & wrongs, of which I have zero interest, its easy to understand why the Bookie smelt a rat. 

Ridiculous that the software allows such a bet to be placed.

The risk management staff need a rocket up their collective arses.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #128787 on: July 10, 2017, 12:03:04 AM »

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/2016-06-22

10 runner maiden, 6 at 20/1 or over
8 runner novice 3 at 33/1 or over
11 runner maiden, 5 at 20/1 or over
16 runner handicap

Have to agree with Keith.  Madness.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #128788 on: July 10, 2017, 12:07:11 AM »

Rybarikova is first up on court 18 at 11.30 am
Konta first up on number one court at 1pm

Other betting markets are available.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #128789 on: July 10, 2017, 12:20:01 AM »

https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/racecards/2016-06-22

10 runner maiden, 6 at 20/1 or over
8 runner novice 3 at 33/1 or over
11 runner maiden, 5 at 20/1 or over
16 runner handicap

Have to agree with Keith.  Madness.

That's twice within a week.

Hope you're not coming down with something Doobs.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 8582 8583 8584 8585 [8586] 8587 8588 8589 8590 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: