blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 06:46:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8634 8635 8636 8637 [8638] 8639 8640 8641 8642 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13439594 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129555 on: August 01, 2017, 07:37:18 PM »

Is Fred already on Sandro for TGS?
no. Don't think it had been discussed?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #129556 on: August 01, 2017, 07:46:24 PM »

For those that can Scuy's 12-1 about Posh scoring 80+ league goals this season is luvverly.

From having a garbage front-line last season to Jack Marriott, Ricky Miller and a fit Junior Morias...chalk and cheese.

There was a lot of squabbling between cliques last season and all the bad eggs have been shipped out. Steven Taylor and Alex Penny are excellent signings at the back, as is Doughty in midfield alongside a now-happy Anthony Grant.

No idea where we'll finish but it won't be dull.
To guarantee you the win I'll just post that I thought Marriott and Miller were pretty average at Luton.

Marriott was favourite for the L2 golden boot last season but Jones didn't seem to fancy him? I've spoken to a few Lutonians about him and they were fumming about the loss. He's banged in six in pre-season and looked very good. The 40-1 for top scorer is more than fair.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Stopsleyhatter

View Profile
« Reply #129557 on: August 01, 2017, 07:59:38 PM »

For those that can Scuy's 12-1 about Posh scoring 80+ league goals this season is luvverly.

From having a garbage front-line last season to Jack Marriott, Ricky Miller and a fit Junior Morias...chalk and cheese.

There was a lot of squabbling between cliques last season and all the bad eggs have been shipped out. Steven Taylor and Alex Penny are excellent signings at the back, as is Doughty in midfield alongside a now-happy Anthony Grant.

No idea where we'll finish but it won't be dull.
To guarantee you the win I'll just post that I thought Marriott and Miller were pretty average at Luton.

Marriott was favourite for the L2 golden boot last season but Jones didn't seem to fancy him? I've spoken to a few Lutonians about him and they were fumming about the loss. He's banged in six in pre-season and looked very good. The 40-1 for top scorer is more than fair.
Great attitude and workrate but struggled with the physical side of the game.Going to follow you in as you say a very good price gl.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #129558 on: August 01, 2017, 08:51:48 PM »

Is Fred already on Sandro for TGS?
no. Don't think it had been discussed?

Possibly an interesting runner at 50/1? First choice striker for the 7th favs, playing in a team with a lot of wide threat and two very creative attacking pivots in Klassen and Rooney/Sigurdsson (possibly). Scored 15 in Spain last year and from the Barca production line. Scope to improve at 22. Thoughts?

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129559 on: August 01, 2017, 08:59:06 PM »

Prepared to be called stupid on this....

Last season Lukaku for a worse (?) Everton team than this looks and scored 25 in 37 games

As discussed on here under the new owner they've spent the summer participating in the transfer market

Obviously Rooney isn't Lukaku but

- we should expect him to play every game?
- if we assume Baines isn't week in week out now, he'll be on some penalties?
- Everton have replaced Lukaku with Sandro (22yo Barca, Malaga) and Rooney. Beyond that there don't look to be rotation options?

So, Rooney has spent two years gradually morphing into a support striker (and playing less,rotated)

he's gone from

games/goals premier league

34-27 under Sir Alex
27-12 under Sir Alex
29-17 under Moyes
33-12 under LVG
28-8 under LVG
25-5 under Jose

and he's now 31

From a cursory view of Everton's pre-season Rooney is up top. Shouldn't he rebound into the 15-17 range?

Now obviously we might expect any or all of the following to hit 15 goals

Lukaku/Kane/Aguero/Jesus/Lacazette/Morata/Sanchez etc

but there will be injuries and rotation.

Can Rooney get in the top 4 at 66-1? or structurally does his age/different type of play mean this is unlikely?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/premier-league/top-goalscorer

BUMPED for rinswun.

Here's an alternative view on Everton goalscorers that Tighty posted a bit back.

This was BEFORE Everton debuted Rooney last week in that Europa League thing.

Sample size, early season, bla bla, & I'm a bit of a Rooney fanboy, but he never offered any threat in that game that I could see. Selfless, as usual, more interested in assists than scoring I thought. 
« Last Edit: August 01, 2017, 09:01:24 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #129560 on: August 01, 2017, 09:13:29 PM »

Ah! Basically thinking along the same lines as Tighty but considering the other strike option. Get the feeling Sandro is likely to play further forward than Rooney in Koeman's set up.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129561 on: August 01, 2017, 09:38:41 PM »

Ah! Basically thinking along the same lines as Tighty but considering the other strike option. Get the feeling Sandro is likely to play further forward than Rooney in Koeman's set up.

Yes, same strokes, different folks.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #129562 on: August 01, 2017, 09:44:54 PM »

If I may, I need to veer slightly off-topic here, but it is reality TV Show related. I think.

I had set the zapper "reminder" a few days ago to watch something, & as soon as it was the right time I clicked "SELECT" to watch the Show.

The previous Show had not quite finished, it was Room 101, & one of the guests was Catherine Tate.

It was the other guest who intrigued me, & I went to some lengths to find his name - it was Rylan Clark-Neal who, of course, I had never heard of.

Off to Wiki I went, & I managed to establish that he seems to be famous, literally, simply for being on Reality TV Shows.

Am I missing something? Can he spin plates, sing, juggle tennis balls, dance? You can't be famous just for being on Reality TV, can you?

And whilst I was trying to figure all that out, they showed this clip;

At which point, I had to leave the room temporarily & wonder what the world is coming to.

And THEN I realised what a debt we owe to Chompy, who watches this utter bile on our behalf. What a hero.

Honestly, could YOU watch that stuff? (Marky excepted, obv).  Does ANYONE watch that stuff? Is this why we have hundreds of TV Channels, so we can watch this sort of stuff?

Cheesy

I used to dislike him immensely, but after seeing him on the BBBM show, and on Masterchef, I've come to think he's actually quite funny.

I've not watched the last couple seasons of CBB, and think Jim or Busey was the last one I actually watched from start to finish.

stribling

View Profile
« Reply #129563 on: August 01, 2017, 09:57:49 PM »

Slightly contrarian

Morata has been signed for Chelsea. 24yo, a 1 in 3 striker over 200 career games. His role for the national team was basically to occupy the square 12 yards out fromthe box and wait for iniesta and co to get him the ball . will have to work harder in the PL..

which is where this comes in.

not currently fully fit (Conte comments today http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/634099/Antonio-Conte-Alvaro-Morata-Chelsea-News) and in pre-season has been played wide in a three behind Batshuayi with Hazard and now Pedro injured he's filled in there in a 4-2-3-1. Madrid played him wide often too

He is as short as 10-1 to be PL top goalscorer

Batshuayi spent most of his first season at Chelsea on the bench. now 23yo,in his limited action he finished the season with 5 goals in only 236 minutes of Premier League action, a rate of one goal every 47 minutes

small sample size obviously, but he is going to start the season up top (i think) with rotation with Morata once Europe comes along if not before

Batshuayi is 40-1 top goal scorer

This for a team that should be top 3 (7-2 second favourites) with a multitude of midfielders to assist

Isn't 40-1 too long (each way 1/4 four places)?  assume a fast start and he plays 2/3 of the games say (start or off the bench) and its way too long? (costa scored 20 last season, tied 4th for the golden boot)

fitness permitting kane and lukaku hit the top 4, aguero and jesus rotate/split the goals and it looks to me like the places here might be wide open?

opinions please

Think fred should be throwing a few longer shot darts at this market.

Who's capable of netting 20 goals (give or take) in a season? That is usually enough for at least a place.

Sturridge 40/1...heavily dependent on fitness but ultimately isn't everyone? Should be leading the line for Liverpool this season.
Nacho 50/1.....could be a great fit at Leicester (deal done this week), if Vardy runs the channels and does the legwork then Nacho can reap the rewards in the box.
Alli 66/1....Fred already one but an incred price for a guy who netted 18 times in the league last season.
Defoe 66/1....he's still got it, and should get much better service at Bournemouth than he did at Sunderland last year. Wants in on the England squad for Russia too so he has a goal (no pun)
Countinho 100/1.....might not be there, but supremely talented and gets his fair share of goals. Salah might pinch some of his share mind.

Morata at 10s is just a joke judging by his career so far. If he gets 15 league goals I'd be surprised.

I think defoe at 66/1 is the one. I'm on it anyway, just hope it goes through him and not Josh king

You have to Risk it for the biscuit!!!
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #129564 on: August 01, 2017, 10:08:35 PM »

Yes, same strokes, different folks.

I can get on ths one though.  Thanks Rinswun.

CBB I was thinking Barry must be a good bet, but he is only 6.2 on betfair.  I thought Sarah Harding came across well on The Jump*, so have taken 13.5.  She is pretty competitve and can't see her mooching around.

I know 5, but had heard of Marissa Jade, just wasn't sure how.  I barely watch the box and normally have no idea who anyone is.   I think everybody else here must live in a monastry if they get less than me.  Tikay, and other centurians, are excused.

I haven't watched a minute, so Sarah Harding could have walked out for all I know.

FWIW The Jump has been stopped for this year.  It was nearly as sad as the end of Splash.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #129565 on: August 01, 2017, 10:28:47 PM »

Bit of an obvious one, but Lukaku top scorer 9/2 each way 1/4 4 places (Stars, Vic).

Win price is bang on Betfair, place part we get 9/8, people looking to back odds on prices on Betfair.

Hard to see him not being there or thereabouts unless misses a chunk through injury.

thanks

we can't use either so would be 4/1 on open accounts, at which point the place is evens.

i will go through the championship stuff later when more opinions given

difficult to bet on this market without knowing who takes penalties as could be worth 5/6 goals

Kane   YES
Lukakua  ? he did at Everton
Aguero  YES last season when he played
Jesus  ?
Mane  ?
Lacazette  ?
Sanchez ?
Morata ?

Defoe did at Sunderland 66-1 could be interesting
Benteke  YES  Crystal Palace 50-1  could be worth a look
Andre Gray YES  150- 1 Burnley  stand out big price

I posted this on premiership penalty takers....quite like Benteke @50-1 EW
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #129566 on: August 01, 2017, 11:26:29 PM »

Amelia would be favourite by now if it was civilian but it's a short course and she may get lost in there.

No doubt this bunch have been picked for one thing and one thing only. To have massive arguments.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #129567 on: August 02, 2017, 08:20:27 AM »

There is a nice spot for a bet in the Sussex.

The first two are obviously very good, but more rain is coming and it just looks a great race for each way with the short priced runners amd a few also rans.  

Zelzal showed some class last year winning the Prix Jean Prat very nicely.  This year the stable, and him, were hit by the virus, so it appears the last race can be ignored.  On his best he isn't far off the front two, and he isn't ever 2-1 the place.

A few places are 11/1, but think we have to take the 10/1 with Corals.  I know you hate it, Tighty, but the mobile site is better.

Suggest £25 each way.

edit it j
is the 3.35 Goodwood.  Paddies are 11/1 and let me have 20 odd each way.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 08:23:19 AM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129568 on: August 02, 2017, 08:41:21 AM »

pp

Zelzal Goodwood 15:35 Winner
11/1 Each Way (3 Places at 1/5 Odds)
Total Stake: £28.62
Potential Returns: £217.51

coral

Zelzal Goodwood 15:35 Winner
10/1 Each Way (3 Places at 1/5 Odds)
Total Stake: £10.00
Potential Returns: £70.00

£10 ew was restricted to £5ew

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #129569 on: August 02, 2017, 08:42:58 AM »

We have £40 on Plymouth at 11-4 to win at Posh this weekend. A lot's changed since this was placed, so go ahead and lay back £40 @ 3.75 please.

laid back £40 at 3.75 betfair

My eyes are open wide
Pages: 1 ... 8634 8635 8636 8637 [8638] 8639 8640 8641 8642 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: