blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 12:01:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272591 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 8980 8981 8982 8983 [8984] 8985 8986 8987 8988 ... 9208 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13431645 times)
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #134745 on: December 07, 2018, 11:33:28 AM »

Top three market

Matched bets
Back (Bet For) Odds Stake   
Tyson Fury 3.45 £31.00 

if anyone can help with Dina e/w on B365 at 20s please let us know

https://www.oddschecker.com/awards/sports-personality-of-the-year/winner

The price has gone on 365 too

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134746 on: December 07, 2018, 11:53:13 AM »

which of Thomas, Kane and Hamilton would you lay not to hit the top 3?

as we think Fury will be and Dina might be, one of the above at least won't be

i guess people will say Marmite Lewis (on the grounds that he doesn't appeal a big segment to the public) but this was his 5th WDC, won the hard way.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134747 on: December 07, 2018, 12:57:27 PM »

I'd say Kane is the only one nailed on for top three. It's all up for grabs this year.

Mike Spence...say whaaaa?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BettingPeople?src=hash

Looking forward to this now.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2018, 12:58:58 PM by Chompy » Logged

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #134748 on: December 07, 2018, 01:01:44 PM »

I'd say Kane is the only one nailed on for top three. It's all up for grabs this year.

Mike Spence...say whaaaa?

https://twitter.com/hashtag/BettingPeople?src=hash

Looking forward to this now.

Im loving him already! Cheesy Cheesy

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134749 on: December 07, 2018, 01:10:41 PM »

Nathaniel almost beat Frankel on debut. Think he was a much bigger price overnight too and traded odds-on IR.

If you could back a hundred horses a year at 14-1 that go off 7-1 you'd never lose.

apart from that he's made a bright start.

He's already getting pounded on Tweety Pie because he comes from mega-money.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #134750 on: December 07, 2018, 05:27:36 PM »

Havent read any of these but also heard that James had anorexia in the past. If he's sharing meals with Harry not sure if this is a good thing or not - might be clamour to get him out if his weight drops massive.
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #134751 on: December 07, 2018, 07:03:37 PM »

I'm a big admirer of Denise, & I don't have any problem with her pay packet, but jeez, as houses go, not sure I ever saw an uglier one.

Hope she writes me a thank you letter Smiley

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #134752 on: December 07, 2018, 07:58:13 PM »

I'm a big admirer of Denise, & I don't have any problem with her pay packet, but jeez, as houses go, not sure I ever saw an uglier one.

I'm guessing she's not worried about people throwing stones or undressing with the lights on.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134753 on: December 08, 2018, 10:09:53 AM »

I am hesitant to use the word certainty

but isn't the opportunity here to back a really good thing at 4/5?

On Strictly week after week Dooley, Sugg and Tozer get masses more votes than others, it is said. never been in bottom 2.

Roberts is the best dancer in the competition but not popular. she is a ringer and has been in the bottom two last two weeks, surviving with the MOF against weaker competitors

its still judges vote for the bottom two after a dance off and that dance off vote is off dancing ability (next weeks' final votes are public only so its on popularity which is why Dooley wins much like the best dancer has been beaten by the "journey" stories in previous years)

So isn't Steadman a roaring good thing to go tomorrow night? Consistently lowest scorer of the final five couples

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/next-elimination

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #134754 on: December 08, 2018, 10:58:52 AM »

I am hesitant to use the word certainty

but isn't the opportunity here to back a really good thing at 4/5?

On Strictly week after week Dooley, Sugg and Tozer get masses more votes than others, it is said. never been in bottom 2.

Roberts is the best dancer in the competition but not popular. she is a ringer and has been in the bottom two last two weeks, surviving with the MOF against weaker competitors

its still judges vote for the bottom two after a dance off and that dance off vote is off dancing ability (next weeks' final votes are public only so its on popularity which is why Dooley wins much like the best dancer has been beaten by the "journey" stories in previous years)

So isn't Steadman a roaring good thing to go tomorrow night? Consistently lowest scorer of the final five couples

https://www.oddschecker.com/tv/strictly-come-dancing/next-elimination

I wrote this yesterday:

Strictly: next elimination in the semi final

This is always a fascinating market. No, really, it is.

All series, the bookies have priced it up based on who will mess up most in their dance and include some thoughts on how popular they are with the public. Rankings on judges' score get added to rankings on public vote. And when the bottom two combined scores end up in the dance off, all you need to work out is who ups their game/buckles late at night (will be 10pm ish on sat night, after a long week).

This week, the couples dance two dances (the two remaining ones they've yet to dance). The dance off will enable them to choose which dance they do of the two.

This means a couple that did one crap one and one very good one will generally beat a couple that did two good ones.

Looking at training footage this week...

Ashley does Paso and that looks superb. It suits her: she can perform and do balletic shapes with her arms and body that will really sell well. She then gets an American Smooth to a classic, Ain't That a Kick in the Head. I don't rate her footwork at all, but the judges love her. She will have a 38 minimum in one of them.

Faye's been excellent of late and I think she could well get a big score this week. Argentine Tango enables her to use her wonderful legs to good effect (the footage shows she puts her foot on Giovanni's shoulder while in hold - gulp!). Samba is hard but she has a neat hip action, though I suspect the Argentine Tango will score higher. 38 should be achievable.

Stacey's viennese waltz has the smell of a 40/40 to me. Her footwork is immaculate (with all-important big strides). She has swing and sway (which Craig loves). She also gets the charleston, which is the easiest dance (even though she's been struggling to remember it this week - don't expect that to be an issue by tomorrow night). She's fav to win for a reason.

Lauren has tango (the ballroom tango), to Nutbush City Limits (absurd song choice by the producers - very stompy and too quick). She doesn't have the power and her partner is not a good tango dancer. She also gets a samba to Rock the Boat, which is sticky in the training footage, though I suspect she's better at it than what we have been shown, as AJ just commented on it on It Takes Two to suggest she's done it a lot better. She doesn't have a 38 in her. Would require a judge swindle. More likely, she needs the public to vote for her.

This leaves Joe. He has the viennese waltz (not great, but ok) and Argentine Tango (to Red Right Hand if you're a Peaky Blinders Nick Cave fan). Both are fine, but he's not scoring big tens for these. He needs to get to the final and then he has a puncher's chance, but this is going to need public support to lock it up. He could easily find himself in the dance off.

If she gets the public vote to finish outside the bottom two, Joe could be in trouble, as he would be heads up against Ashley the Ringer (who's likely to have a 38+ there) or Faye (which could see argentine tango v argentine tango and there's no contest). He's going to struggle against both.

6/1 with ladbrokes is not a bad price for a small play. His drift in price in recent weeks might mean he's not had big votes, but if he makes the final and goes to 3/1, he will be a bet.

One final point: lauren will be in the bottom two with the judges' scores, so will need to be the most or second most popular with the public to avoid the dance off. A tie with the judges is less likely because of them dancing twice. It seems unlikely that she is most popular tomorrow, so she will do well to avoid the dance off. Then she's probably toast.

---------

10/11 seems a very big price. I wouldn't want to lay 4/6.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #134755 on: December 08, 2018, 11:54:02 AM »

@Tighty,

If we can get on that SCD thing, go ahead please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Bazzaboy

View Profile
« Reply #134756 on: December 08, 2018, 12:06:46 PM »

I like Asher-Smith too. The problem is it looks like the show is going to be a World Cup wankfest with Baddiel & Skinner performing on the night etc. That surely has to help Kane’s cause.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #134757 on: December 08, 2018, 12:12:29 PM »

really struggling to see how a homophobic boxer with no world titles will win this when a clean cut multi belt world champion couldn't even place last year.  Can't imagine tthe bbc producers will be keen at all on Fury doing a live interview on prime time tv in their clean cut middle england family show.

Kane should be odds on for me
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #134758 on: December 08, 2018, 12:48:53 PM »

Good interview Mike Spence tbf.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #134759 on: December 08, 2018, 01:02:39 PM »

Good interview Mike Spence tbf.

Got a link please Chomps?

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Pages: 1 ... 8980 8981 8982 8983 [8984] 8985 8986 8987 8988 ... 9208 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: