blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 08:16:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Tips for Tikay
Pages: 1 ... 9112 9113 9114 9115 [9116] 9117 9118 9119 9120 ... 9207 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tips for Tikay  (Read 13332975 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #136725 on: October 09, 2019, 03:35:29 PM »

It was light outside when they left the awards?

Or might the game of face squishing, which we all enjoy, in the car might be more recent?

Of course if he makes the BBC shortlist he wins but that's the gamble. We know what the BBC are like.

No, the face squishing in the car park was completely separate, & clearly just bants. Think that photo surfaced to help suggest the whole thing was innocent.

Click to see full-size image.

Just made it worse by posting this. Now we all know there was substance to it. Grin

Gingers eh!

I'm more concerned with the quality of catering at these upmarket award functions, that mean you have to go to for a cheap crappy burger after >

Telegraph sports section today was very dismissive of the Guido ‘scoop’. Besides, he is a national treasure who single-handedly won the World Cup and prevented us getting hammered in the Ashses series.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Rubbish2407

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136726 on: October 09, 2019, 09:30:55 PM »

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/rugby-fans-vow-to-take-william-hill-to-court-after-the-bookmaker-refused-to-pay-out-a-£23400-bet-claiming-that-the-winning-slip-was-the-result-of-human-error/ar-AAIvzWC?ocid=spartanntp

Do they get their money?

"The Full Eso Kral": To back every possible outcome in an event and lose whatever happens.
Keith Hawkins 10/01/2014
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136727 on: October 09, 2019, 09:46:23 PM »

No.  It is related, as he'd never win man of steel unless they were top 5.

It is a bit harsh paying out on two singles.  The least they should pay should be £100 at the man of steel price of 25/1.  Maybe a bit more for the small chance they don't get top 5 when he gets man of steel.

Edit.  Just checked this, the last man of steel from a non top 5 club was 2011. 
« Last Edit: October 09, 2019, 09:56:35 PM by Doobs » Logged

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136728 on: October 10, 2019, 08:54:41 AM »

It is a bit harsh paying out on two singles.  The least they should pay should be £100 at the man of steel price of 25/1.  Maybe a bit more for the small chance they don't get top 5 when he gets man of steel.

Seems total BS to me. If you don't have to even be in the final to win, then it's not related, only in as much as it's the same team. He could have missed the match ffs. Usual bookie tricks.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136729 on: October 10, 2019, 09:23:52 AM »

Seems total BS to me. If you don't have to even be in the final to win, then it's not related, only in as much as it's the same team. He could have missed the match ffs. Usual bookie tricks.

It is decided over the season, so it is only likely to be won by a Salford player if they have a really good season.   I think you can argue about how related it is, but it is definitely related.  If you priced up both events happening together you'd make it shorter than the combined odds.  It is a bit like taking a combined top goal scorer/win the league price on the football.

I do think the settlement is a bit silly, as you can't possibly claim that the related price os lower than the price of one of the events happening, which is effectively what Hills do by splitting the stake.   I think the answer should be about £100 at 33/1.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #136730 on: October 10, 2019, 09:56:03 AM »

It is decided over the season, so it is only likely to be won by a Salford player if they have a really good season.   I think you can argue about how related it is, but it is definitely related.  If you priced up both events happening together you'd make it shorter than the combined odds.  It is a bit like taking a combined top goal scorer/win the league price on the football.

I do think the settlement is a bit silly, as you can't possibly claim that the related price os lower than the price of one of the events happening, which is effectively what Hills do by splitting the stake.   I think the answer should be about £100 at 33/1.

Certainly a compromise should be made and to only offer two singles is a bit scummy

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136731 on: October 10, 2019, 10:32:41 PM »

Certainly a compromise should be made and to only offer two singles is a bit scummy

Got to agree with this, but i'd remove the "a bit".  It is absolutely clear that the punter wanted to bet on both outcomes combined.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136732 on: October 11, 2019, 12:14:39 PM »

This piece, first published 6 months ago, just popped up on Twitter.

Quite interesting to those like me who sometimes struggle to choose between (say) a quarter 3 places or a fifth 4 places.

https://www.timeform.com/betting/place-terms-when-to-back-each-way

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #136733 on: October 11, 2019, 12:47:19 PM »

Boyles has Chisnall at 7/4 for most 180s in semi finals tonight
Evens everywhere else
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #136734 on: October 12, 2019, 10:44:12 AM »

Bet365
Esports
Lol world championship
Tournament betting
Champion specials
Syndra most picked and banned without pantheon
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136735 on: October 12, 2019, 10:59:12 AM »

Bet365
Esports
Lol world championship
Tournament betting
Champion specials

Tikay could you explain why this is a good bet please.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #136736 on: October 12, 2019, 11:08:13 AM »

Bet365
Esports
Lol world championship
Tournament betting
Champion specials

Ha, thanks for that Doobs.

It is rather odd that it's known as "Lol", which in fact stands for "League of Legends" I believe.

It's well popular though, both Online & Live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/League_of_Legends

« Last Edit: October 12, 2019, 11:10:53 AM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #136737 on: October 12, 2019, 11:25:16 AM »

Bet365
Esports
Lol world championship
Tournament betting
Champion specials

It is rather odd that it's known as "Lol", which in fact stands for "League of Legends" I believe.

Very good explanation
Worth £50 i reckon
Will pay out 10th November I believe
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #136738 on: October 12, 2019, 02:51:23 PM »

Bet365
Esports
Lol world championship
Tournament betting
Champion specials

I have been in and out all day.   Well impessed you came back so quickly.   I assume the team picked is some kind of vote?   Why do they get banned and do we ignord Pantheon because Syndra aren't that great at it?

Juperjiper

View Profile
« Reply #136739 on: October 12, 2019, 04:06:56 PM »

Syndra is one of 20 champions picked or banned in each 5v5 game.

Pantheon probably 1.01 to be most banned so I guess they just did a market without him in it.
Pages: 1 ... 9112 9113 9114 9115 [9116] 9117 9118 9119 9120 ... 9207 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: