blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 03:18:44 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272627 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League 2012
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 27 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League 2012  (Read 37618 times)
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »

I am one of said Cas friends, it explains why I missed it as I was so infuriated by not scoring for the umpteenth set I turned over as soon as possession was handed over. If I am being diplomatic on the incident, I have no comment!

To be fair I have seen worse that has not gone punished at all. But there is no justification for a man of steels actions.

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2012, 08:48:28 PM »

I'd be interested to know what you've seen that's worse than that and has gone unpunished (in the pro game). I love a good hard hit but there is no place in the game for shots like that imo. I would have thought 5/6 matches would be more appropriate.
Apparently Rangi and the victim are quite close friends, so he apologised.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 17, 2012, 08:54:17 PM »

Thats getting close to the cassidy one i posted earlier on this thread on morley...close..

Leading with elbow, arm in someones face is bad...it needs to be a couple of months ban. But saying that so does the spear tackle that only got some bradford player a 2 match ban on peacock the other week. He was so mad he went into their changing room after, he could hardly walk for days and lucky to get away from it. The whole system is fuked, JJB gets 3 match ban for pushing the ref out of the way to make a tackle.....

Rangi is a little rat imo, he's played shite for most of this season.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:57:31 PM by Acidmouse » Logged
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2012, 08:57:04 PM »

Yeah, sorry I broke your jaw in two places and you've had to had a plate inserted to help it mend, mate.

Ablett's forearm smash into Tomkins' jaw a few seasons back saw him avoid any punishment during the match, but he got a three match ban as well. Deliberately attacking another player's head (in a premeditated fashion) seems to be worth three matches.

I've seen lesser offences given stronger punishment.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 17, 2012, 10:20:16 PM »

I'd be interested to know what you've seen that's worse than that and has gone unpunished (in the pro game). I love a good hard hit but there is no place in the game for shots like that imo. I would have thought 5/6 matches would be more appropriate.

Must be drinking buddies! As for far worse incidents there have been a number, the one what stands out was Keith Senior playing for the Sheffield Eagles decking Barrie Jon Mather down the lane (this was assault) in a cup game on the box and I can not even remember a penalty being given. Yeah this is going back a few years, but I often witness acts of violence often by the same offenders. A few names mentioned already often get targeted because they are seen to dish it out!

Glad to see the friendly nature of your post once I mention my colours!

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 17, 2012, 10:38:03 PM »

Alan Pallister broke Jamie Rooneys jaw and got 8 matches, Craig Miles broke Dean Lawfords jaw and suspended for 6 months... but you'll be quick to note that these 2 aren't England players.

lol at the senior incident, thats what 15+ years ago?
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 17, 2012, 10:50:29 PM »

Must be drinking buddies! As for far worse incidents there have been a number, the one what stands out was Keith Senior playing for the Sheffield Eagles decking Barrie Jon Mather down the lane (this was assault) in a cup game on the box and I can not even remember a penalty being given. Yeah this is going back a few years, but I often witness acts of violence often by the same offenders. A few names mentioned already often get targeted because they are seen to dish it out!

I have nothing against anybody, even cas fans.

Note he wasn't penalised in this game either but all foul play should be caught after the game if it is missed, unless you play for Leeds Rhinos of course.....
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 17, 2012, 10:53:05 PM »

I have nothing against anybody, even cas fans.

Note he wasn't penalised in this game either but all foul play should be caught after the game if it is missed, unless you play for Leeds Rhinos of course.....

it easy to hate the world champions, best supported rugby team in the country and champions 3 out of the last 4 years i understand..

Sings "Hes ryan bailey he does what he wannnnnts, hes ryan bailey he does what he wannnnnts".
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2012, 04:06:29 PM »

Alan Pallister broke Jamie Rooneys jaw and got 8 matches, Craig Miles broke Dean Lawfords jaw and suspended for 6 months... but you'll be quick to note that these 2 aren't England players.

...and the Cassidy one was a couple of years ago?

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2012, 05:52:23 PM »

...and the Cassidy one was a couple of years ago?

I posted that ages ago unreleated to this debate Smiley we can actually see that too unlike the given example above..
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 20, 2012, 07:16:56 PM »

Apologies for not being able to remember any injustices, I asked a friend whose a Saints fan to think of a few and the only ones he could mention were against Long. I guess we only remember the ones against our teams as we feel aggrieved.

So I searched you tube for various hits and ended up on a Terry O Connor v Gordon Tallis punch up from 97. This is made watchable by Tallis's story at the end of the video footage, plus the Aussie commentators are good value. I will link it up later, as for the Cassidy hit, that was brutal but I think it was a case of what comes around goes around.

Anyone see value in Catalan at 2/1 tonight?

Girgy85

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 20, 2012, 08:16:19 PM »

Everything about Aussie RL >>>>>>>>>> superleague

Best poster Girgy IMO - Mantis

Girgy is my new hero! - Evilpie

Think Girgy has shown the best leopard instincts in this thread and would prob survive best in the wild. Eye of the tiger that fella - Mantis

Girgy is a m'fkn machine - Daveshoelace
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #222 on: April 27, 2012, 08:23:15 AM »

http://www.hullfc.com/newsarticle.aspx?n=21101

Part of the reason Super League will remain behind the NRL. The way the game is run here is ridiculous at times.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 27, 2012, 01:50:55 PM »

Wont comment on the leeds move for that player but the naming rights is so 'lol' its unreal.

Turning down cash for the naming rights in favour of places adverts on vans around the country..ffs...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #224 on: April 27, 2012, 09:36:02 PM »

Disgusting refereeing, making a mockery of the game.

Featherstone holding down, not getting back 10m, markers not square, and nothing given. Worse than that Sam taken out in the air, no penalty. Two men in the tackle and the ball is stolen, no penalty.

he commentary team trying to make the match something it isn't, and they're as big a joke as Silverwood in the middle.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 ... 27 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: