blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 03, 2024, 12:14:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272876 Posts in 66758 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 611113 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: February 03, 2016, 11:46:05 AM »

Not talking about big money signings.

They needed a Centre Back for years. He wouldn't budge

They needed a quality keeper for years. He wouldn't budge

They needed, and you could argue still do, a quality Striker for years. He wouldn't budge.

I agree with you. A scattergun approach of buying for the sake of buying is how United have ended up with such an unbalanced squad although I think LVG gets a lot of stick for his signings most have been pretty decent.

Well there's the heart of it, George.

Answer me this honestly.

Do you really think that you, me, or any other armchair fan, knows better than AW & his team of advisers?

We don't, & you know we don't. 

Yes, we have opinions, but they are, largely, uninformed opinions. It's rather like poker players suggesting they know better than the sites how those sites should be run. It's a perfectly ridiculous notion.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: February 03, 2016, 11:49:01 AM »

Of course not Teeks but this isn't just my opinion. It's held by pundits and experts in the game also.

Social media wouldn't exist if we didn't air our often uninformed opinions!

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: February 03, 2016, 11:53:20 AM »

I think if you asked that questions 5 years ago most neutrals would pick Arsenal (which team to watch)

Pretty sure most wouldn't now

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: February 03, 2016, 11:55:31 AM »

Of course not Teeks but this isn't just my opinion. It's held by pundits and experts in the game also.

Exactly this.

Everybody that holds a position could be deemed to be an expert by those not in that industry. Doesn't mean they are automatically the best for the job/infallible/don't make mistakes.

At what point is someone too old and past it, or continually using old ideas in a new world?

The issue I have on here, that that some think AW doesn't make mistakes.....or won't admit how many he has made!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: February 03, 2016, 11:57:31 AM »

Oh I love differing opinions.

But nobody in their right mind could argue that a football fan knows more than a Manager who has accomplished a great deal in the game over a lifetime. No different to poker players saying "Stars/Party or whoever don't know what they are doing".

Those in the business have access to lots of info we don't. 

Could you really meet AW in the flesh, & tell him you know better than him whether he needs a different centre half? Or, if he does, that you know who it is, where he is, & the price is right?

Maybe John Terry will move to The Emirates. Now that'd set the tongues wagging.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1550 on: February 03, 2016, 12:00:46 PM »

Exactly this.

Everybody that holds a position could be deemed to be an expert by those not in that industry. Doesn't mean they are automatically the best for the job/infallible/don't make mistakes.

At what point is someone too old and past it, or continually using old ideas in a new world?

The issue I have on here, that that some think AW doesn't make mistakes.....or won't admit how many he has made!

I daresay he does make mistakes. Name me a Manager who does not.

It comes down to who makes fewest mistakes. Think 20 years of relative success & financial stability suggests he does not do so bad in that department. 

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: February 03, 2016, 12:04:26 PM »

But nobody in their right mind could argue that a football fan knows more than a Manager who has accomplished a great deal in the game over a lifetime. No different to poker players saying "Stars/Party or whoever don't know what they are doing".

Could you really meet AW in the flesh, & tell him you know better than him whether he needs a different centre half? Or, if he does, that you know who it is, where he is, & the price is right?

I'm not saying I know better than him.

But clearly there have been times where he has been stubborn in the transfer market.

Again this can be a positive as had been discussed but when you're looking for that 2-3% that can make a difference to a team.

He was renound for it when he first started. He unearthed Anelka and Henry. Viera and Petit.

Since those days how many signings has he made that have actually made the difference?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
bookiebasher

View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: February 03, 2016, 12:10:37 PM »

AW needed to roll the dice and gamble , quality centre half and quality striker in the summer or very least January
transfer window.

He didn't because we all know he doesn't splash the cash and likes shopping at Aldi rather than Tesco.

Arsenal may still win the title with all their players returning from injury but it will be the failing of others
that is the key factor and has been throughout the season.

If Arsenal do not win the title I think it's time for a fresh approach and AW should retire gracefully.

Personally I still think they will do it but it could have been so much easier.

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: February 03, 2016, 12:13:50 PM »

He can't think he can win the league with Giroud playing up front, I refuse to believe it. Only one team has won the Prem without a 20+ goal a season striker in the Prem era playing one up top.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: February 03, 2016, 12:14:34 PM »

But clearly there have been times where he has been stubborn in the transfer market.

Again this can be a positive as had been discussed but when you're looking for that 2-3% that can make a difference to a team.

He was renound for it when he first started. He unearthed Anelka and Henry. Viera and Petit.

Since those days how many signings has he made that have actually made the difference?

Well finding those 4 was like finding 4 rare diamonds, they are not ten a penny, they are rare & far & few between.

I'd say Ozil & Sanchez are making a difference personally.  Who does not enjoy watching those two weave their magic? Any EPL Club would love either of them.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: February 03, 2016, 12:15:48 PM »

AW needed to roll the dice and gamble , quality centre half and quality striker in the summer or very least January
transfer window.

He didn't because we all know he doesn't splash the cash and likes shopping at Aldi rather than Tesco.

Arsenal may still win the title with all their players returning from injury but it will be the failing of others
that is the key factor and has been throughout the season.

If Arsenal do not win the title I think it's time for a fresh approach and AW should retire gracefully.

Personally I still think they will do it but it could have been so much easier.

Bad analogy that, Jim, one's on the slide, the other is on the up. Wink

POWWWWWWWW

View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: February 03, 2016, 12:17:32 PM »

Well finding those 4 was like finding 4 rare diamonds, they are not ten a penny, they are rare & far & few between.

I'd say Ozil & Sanchez are making a difference personally.  Who does not enjoy watching those two weave their magic? Any EPL Club would love either of them.

Didn't he pay nearly £80m combined for them? Think there may be a correlation there.
Skippy

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1557 on: February 03, 2016, 12:31:10 PM »

This thread is always the same. You could replace all the posters on it with bots.

[quote name="Adzbot"]
I can't believe with our huge fanbase, big stadium with high ticket prices and massive cash reserves Arsene refuses to spend the money to win the league! He must go!
[/quote]

[quote name="Karibot"]
True fans should support Arsenal! He's delivered consistent performances over years! If we'd spent lots of money like x current disaster club we'd be in trouble.
[/quote]

[quote name="Tikaybot"]
Forget the football, just look at the balance sheet!
[/quote]

and so on for year after year.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: February 03, 2016, 12:37:28 PM »

This thread is always the same. You could replace all the posters on it with bots.

[quote name="Adzbot"]
I can't believe with our huge fanbase, big stadium with high ticket prices and massive cash reserves Arsene refuses to spend the money to win the league! He must go!

[quote name="Karibot"]
True fans should support Arsenal! He's delivered consistent performances over years! If we'd spent lots of money like x current disaster club we'd be in trouble.
[/quote]

[quote name="Tikaybot"]
Forget the football, just look at the balance sheet!
[/quote]

and so on for year after year.

[/quote]

Point of order;

I don't use exclamation marks, & neither does Karabiner. Not even sure Adzy does.

PS - You seen the Balance Sheets at Bolton, Leeds United, Portsmouth, et al? Bet they wished they'd been well managed.

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: February 03, 2016, 12:41:04 PM »

Why is the balance sheet anything to do with the manager?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 102 103 [104] 105 106 107 108 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: