blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:59:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272601 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604719 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3615 on: November 09, 2018, 08:31:35 AM »

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3616 on: November 11, 2018, 07:14:09 PM »

Despite comments here, I'm still not convinced by xhaka.

Since his debut he has made 5 clear errors leading to goals. More than any other Premier league player in that time.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3617 on: November 11, 2018, 07:19:57 PM »

Awful performance today possibly influenced by Thursday's game and to some extent Welbz's injury.

According to @Orbinho The Arsenal stats guru on Twitter:

"Arsenal seemingly worse under Emery than during Wenger's last season in everything other than actual goals scored and conceded (and therefore results)..."

Leno and his goal-frame were thankfully excellent today despite our 72% possession.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2018, 07:26:32 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3618 on: November 11, 2018, 07:26:42 PM »

Seemingly...........

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3619 on: November 11, 2018, 07:29:17 PM »

Seemingly...........

Are you watching with your eyes now?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3620 on: November 12, 2018, 12:52:12 PM »

"Arsenal seemingly worse under Emery than during Wenger's last season in everything other than actual goals scored and conceded (and therefore results)..."

Sorry to sound dense, but does anything else matter?

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3621 on: November 12, 2018, 04:01:22 PM »

Sorry to sound dense, but does anything else matter?

Many people swear by the stats - especially the current xG which has been flavour of the month for a while now.

https://understat.com/

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3622 on: November 12, 2018, 05:57:57 PM »

Seemingly...........

Are you watching with your eyes now?

I don't look at stats to tell me if we are doing ok. Results, points and league position are fine for me to work with.

To me we look fitter and more interested than we have been for some time.

We clearly don't have a good enough team, but everything I see since his arrival has been a step in the right direction. Hopefully he won't be scared to spend some Gooner cash.

It feels like you almost want him to fail to suit your own agenda, which is coming across as a bit sad.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3623 on: November 12, 2018, 07:06:40 PM »

We clearly don't have a good enough team, but everything I see since his arrival has been a step in the right direction. Hopefully he won't be scared to spend some Gooner cash.

That's how I've been feeling even if we were outperforming a little in terms of points perhaps. Yesterday's serving of of deja vu, was like so many insipid performances over the last couple of years but hopefully we'll get back at it -be interesting to see the response he can get after 3 games where we could have reasonably hoped for 7 points instead of 3.

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3624 on: November 12, 2018, 11:51:26 PM »

It feels like you almost want him to fail to suit your own agenda, which is coming across as a bit sad.

What a typically ridiculous thing for you say, missing the point as per usual.

Unlike some I would never funk against my team in order to hasten a change of manager.

I was simply trying to show you that stats can be used in various ways and they are not gospel - even the ones which suit your personal narrative.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:17:24 AM by Karabiner » Logged

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3625 on: November 29, 2018, 02:36:14 PM »

Goalkeeping stats for the season so far:

https://twitter.com/GK1info/status/1067475990841098240

It would appear that my eyes are actually pretty good.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 03:06:31 PM by Karabiner » Logged

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3626 on: November 29, 2018, 05:10:40 PM »

Goalkeeping stats for the season so far:

https://twitter.com/GK1info/status/1067475990841098240

It would appear that my eyes are actually pretty good.

So what.

There is no point having reasoned debate with you any more anyway. You are so set in your thought process it's a waste of time and as you have just proven you just wait in the shadows until some spurious forum/article or fact gives you something to hang your hat on long after the debate has closed.

We are going ok , certainly better than for many years. Good enough for me.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3627 on: November 29, 2018, 05:56:44 PM »

Cech is setting new personal highs based on his average saves per match. In the last 10 years his previous high was 3.3 saves per game. So far this season it is 4.3 saves per game. 

Other keepers this season who have played all 6 games and over the 4 saves per game threshold are  Hart, Fabianski and Etheridge. Hart is actually at 5.2 saves per game which is a career high for him.

What do they have in common? They are playing for sides who concede lots of shots and shots on target and Arsenal are down at the bottom with Burnley, Huddersfield, Cardiff, West Ham and Huddersfield.
So,unless Cech is making howlers, with these sort of numbers he will look good because he is very active.

If we use xG to look at the quality of the shots he has faced (really only a rough indicator) Arsenal should have conceded 7.26 against 9 goals actually let in. So he has under performed against xG.

And what rin and hyy have said...   

Well it's just a continuation of this

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3628 on: November 29, 2018, 05:59:21 PM »

So a fan who just watches with his eyes, the data guys and some non supporters all reach the same conclusion.

Granted he is fronted by a very moderate defence, something else some of us have been bleating on about for years.

I bet I know someone who still thinks he is marv.........

To be fair Unai has to work a season with what he has been left with, make the best of a bad job and start making defensive changes at the first opportunity.

The heart tells me we will score a lot more than we let in, so it won't be all bad.

Let's just park it there for now.

And of course this.

Are you saying that my stat is wrong and the stat which backed up what you said is correct?

Or is it just that you are unable to admit that I was actually correct in what I said earlier about Cech?

Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3629 on: November 29, 2018, 06:27:01 PM »

Mike Dean referees the derby this weekend. His stats on awarding penalties:

Manchester United – 16 penalties in 61 matches, one every 3.81 games
Chelsea – 12 penalties in 65 matches, one every 5.42 games
Manchester City – 11 penalties in 63 matches, one every 5.73 games
Tottenham Hotspur – 10 penalties in 58 matches, one every 5.80 games
Arsenal – Three penalties in 64 matches, one every 21.33 games

That's a tad blatant, no?
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 240 241 [242] 243 244 245 246 ... 279 Go Up Print