blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 01:50:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272608 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604794 times)
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3630 on: November 29, 2018, 06:40:08 PM »

Meanwhile in Kiev our team of mostly kids is now leading 3-0 just before half-time thanks to goals from Smith-Rowe, Ramsey(pen), and Willock.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: November 29, 2018, 07:22:01 PM »

According to the far-Eastern commentary on skynet, Schmitt-Rooie just scored Arsenal's 4th goal.

4-0 to the Arsenal.

<edit> As you were following a late offside flag just the 3-0
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:24:30 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: November 29, 2018, 07:31:38 PM »

Cech looks world class tonight.

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: November 29, 2018, 07:38:08 PM »

Cech looks world class tonight.

He has actually had a good game - it's all about concentration in a dominant performance and he did make one very good and brave save.

But I do get your point Smiley

Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: November 29, 2018, 11:16:31 PM »

Mike Dean referees the derby this weekend. His stats on awarding penalties:

Manchester United – 16 penalties in 61 matches, one every 3.81 games
Chelsea – 12 penalties in 65 matches, one every 5.42 games
Manchester City – 11 penalties in 63 matches, one every 5.73 games
Tottenham Hotspur – 10 penalties in 58 matches, one every 5.80 games
Arsenal – Three penalties in 64 matches, one every 21.33 games

That's a tad blatant, no?

Maybe you don’t get into the penalty area as often as others.?
This is not a criticism btw, as I see it the style over the past 5+ seasons has been to play a lot of your football on the edge of the box. By the time you are in the area the opposition defenders  look flummoxed and are scratching their heads.

No doubt the statisticians can extract a ‘time spent in opposition box’ comparison.

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: November 30, 2018, 01:30:48 AM »

Mike Dean referees the derby this weekend. His stats on awarding penalties:

Manchester United – 16 penalties in 61 matches, one every 3.81 games
Chelsea – 12 penalties in 65 matches, one every 5.42 games
Manchester City – 11 penalties in 63 matches, one every 5.73 games
Tottenham Hotspur – 10 penalties in 58 matches, one every 5.80 games
Arsenal – Three penalties in 64 matches, one every 21.33 games

That's a tad blatant, no?

Maybe you don’t get into the penalty area as often as others.?
This is not a criticism btw, as I see it the style over the past 5+ seasons has been to play a lot of your football on the edge of the box. By the time you are in the area the opposition defenders  look flummoxed and are scratching their heads.

No doubt the statisticians can extract a ‘time spent in opposition box’ comparison.

He is a ref who loves to give pens but not to us it seems for some reason or other.

He also has a history of celebrating spuds' goals when reffing their games, although our recent NLD's with him in charge have actually gone quite well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJIBjGEoSsc

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: November 30, 2018, 05:00:15 AM »

So a fan who just watches with his eyes, the data guys and some non supporters all reach the same conclusion.

Granted he is fronted by a very moderate defence, something else some of us have been bleating on about for years.

I bet I know someone who still thinks he is marv.........

To be fair Unai has to work a season with what he has been left with, make the best of a bad job and start making defensive changes at the first opportunity.

The heart tells me we will score a lot more than we let in, so it won't be all bad.

Let's just park it there for now.

And of course this.

Are you saying that my stat is wrong and the stat which backed up what you said is correct?

Or is it just that you are unable to admit that I was actually correct in what I said earlier about Cech?

You can say what you like. Earlier in the season the gaffes I and many many others saw, weren't statistics,they were actual bad errors. End of.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: November 30, 2018, 10:19:54 AM »

So a fan who just watches with his eyes, the data guys and some non supporters all reach the same conclusion.

Granted he is fronted by a very moderate defence, something else some of us have been bleating on about for years.

I bet I know someone who still thinks he is marv.........

To be fair Unai has to work a season with what he has been left with, make the best of a bad job and start making defensive changes at the first opportunity.

The heart tells me we will score a lot more than we let in, so it won't be all bad.

Let's just park it there for now.

And of course this.

Are you saying that my stat is wrong and the stat which backed up what you said is correct?

Or is it just that you are unable to admit that I was actually correct in what I said earlier about Cech?

You can say what you like. Earlier in the season the gaffes I and many many others saw, weren't statistics,they were actual bad errors. End of.

That has already been discussed and I don't consider Cech being put under unnecessary pressure mostly by Mustafi to be errors.

It's not "end of" it's merely your somewhat entrenched opinion.

Let's wait and hear what the "data guys and non-fans" say about the newer stat with its bigger sample which I linked to earlier.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: November 30, 2018, 02:20:47 PM »

Interesting piece on Emery here;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46377603

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: December 02, 2018, 03:38:23 PM »

Good game to watch from the neutrals point of view.
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3640 on: December 02, 2018, 03:44:05 PM »

Good game to watch from the neutrals point of view.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: December 02, 2018, 04:00:25 PM »

Turned out nice again.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: December 02, 2018, 04:15:04 PM »

As Tony G used to say

We showed the Heart and Commitment to the game, that we haven't shown in a long long time.

Long live Dick Emery!!!

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: December 02, 2018, 09:02:50 PM »

Great game, I have a grudging admiration for Poch and a bunch of Spurs players - still can't see how Dier is rated quite so highly by Spurs and England.

Really interesting subs at half time - Iwobi (especially) and Mikitaryan both looked to be having pretty deece games to me but the changes worked well

A while since Arsenal looked the stronger, fitter team against Spurs and a few years being obvious also-rans made it all the more enjoyable

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: December 05, 2018, 11:41:54 AM »

Nicely written article by Barney Ronay in today's guarniad:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/dec/05/arsene-wenger-unai-emery-arsenal

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 241 242 [243] 244 245 246 247 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: