blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:27:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605117 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2745 on: May 29, 2017, 08:10:48 AM »

oh

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: May 29, 2017, 09:19:57 AM »

Nice piece here on Mertesacker's amazing performance on Saturday:

http://arseblog.com/2017/05/weve-got-a-big-fa-cup-winning-german-and-its-great/

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Noose

View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: May 29, 2017, 11:00:58 AM »

What a classy performance...but will be a struggle to find a starting slot next season. Too early for Holding to grab a regular place yet?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: May 29, 2017, 02:53:56 PM »

What a classy performance...but will be a struggle to find a starting slot next season. Too early for Holding to grab a regular place yet?

I consider Holding to be the man in possession on the right-hand side of a three, he's really grown into his role this season.

Incidentally I recently learned that along with his other attributes he is also almost if not as pacy as Hector once he builds up a head of steam, and all for £2M.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: May 29, 2017, 04:12:42 PM »

Whilst I did think the slow German played one of his best for us on Saturday, wasn't overly impressed with Ralph's child prodigy, especially if he has the supposed speed talked of here.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Ledders

View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: May 29, 2017, 04:23:01 PM »

I've actually swung around back to Wenger In for now.

The board doesn't appear to have a clue or plan (willing to be proved wrong but see no evidence for it) and it could go south big time unless a proper transition process is planned.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: May 29, 2017, 07:48:44 PM »

Isn't it amazing that some people can't even enjoy a cup-final win without having an unneccessary dig.

As a friend of mine has been known to say: "Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one".

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: May 29, 2017, 07:56:14 PM »

Isn't it amazing that some people can't even enjoy a cup-final win without having an unneccessary dig.

As a friend of mine has been known to say: "Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has one".

This indeed. I think it was perfectly clear from my posts on the day, how much I enjoyed it.

Like any self respecting critic, you cant rest on your laurels though.

It is the Arsenal thread, not the Ralph's Opinions Only thread. Wink

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: May 29, 2017, 09:04:41 PM »

This indeed. I think it was perfectly clear from my posts on the day, how much I enjoyed it.

I'm always open to other people's opinions as long as they are not framed as a sour-grapes driven personal attack.

I'm sorry if Per Mertesacker's flawless performance(and Walcott's omission) made you feel a little defensive.

Graham C

Moo

View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: May 29, 2017, 09:06:17 PM »

It was a great cup final and I'm surprised how well we played having expected to lose the game.   When Sanchez scored, I think it was only me and a couple of ladies that cheered in the boozer.  When they equalised, the whole pub erupted, it really did feel like we were in the minority but the best bit, the really good bit, was that they were still celebrating when we banged in another to retake the lead - loved that a lot and it shut them up.  I'm sure half the chelsea fans were sp*rs fans.

Back 3 seems to have done us the world of good.  Per had a great game, especially when he said it was the first time he's ever played in a back three and his first start of the season.  Ozil was great too but it would have been good if he could have taken one or two of the chances he had.  Wellbeck had a good game,they all had good games, we shouldn't single out individuals really.   Sanchez though, well we've got to hold on to him and I wouldn't object to him being given the Captain's armband if he wants it - you can tell what it means to him to play for the club.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: May 29, 2017, 09:46:42 PM »

I'm always open to other people's opinions as long as they are not framed as a sour-grapes driven personal attack.

I'm sorry if Per Mertesacker's flawless performance(and Walcott's omission) made you feel a little defensive.

The irony dripping through that post is incredible.

What is even more amusing is that you probably think that I would be glad if we had lost because it would mean I could chirp to you. idiot

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: May 29, 2017, 09:49:22 PM »

And there was me thinking we'd have to wait until next season for the return of Blonde's  double act Grin

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: May 30, 2017, 08:21:50 AM »

Tony Adams: ‘Arsène Wenger has total dominance. The board do nothing’

The former England captain discusses his new book reflecting on 20 years sober and how his ‘texting love’ with Arsène Wenger has stopped since his recent criticism of the Frenchman who he doesn’t think can ‘let go’ of Arsenal

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/may/29/tony-adams-arsenal-arsene-wenger-board?CMP=share_btn_tw

My eyes are open wide
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: May 30, 2017, 12:26:54 PM »

board meeting today

Arsene Wenger agrees new two-year deal - but will have to deal with change after amicable talks |johncrossmirror http://bit.ly/2qwNREX

My eyes are open wide
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: May 30, 2017, 12:52:45 PM »

Tuchel has left Dortmund
#wengerout
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 182 183 [184] 185 186 187 188 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: