blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 12:56:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272630 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 605572 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3450 on: April 25, 2018, 07:54:00 PM »

Should be giving some of his wages back, not taking a payoff Grin

Cheesy

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3451 on: April 25, 2018, 11:09:00 PM »

He doesn't appear to be a happy bunny with his recent comments, not the image Arsenal would want - or he would presumably want for Arsenal given his earlier comments.

I'm guessing you didn't read the full transcript of the interview either.

Before any links to quotes out of context from redtops with agendas get posted here is an accurate reportage of what Arsene Wenger actually said in his press conference:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43859032
« Last Edit: April 25, 2018, 11:10:38 PM by Karabiner » Logged

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3452 on: April 26, 2018, 11:32:41 AM »

I did read the whole transcript and agreed with you that the whole 'it was the fans wot got me sacked' line from the press was disingenuous. What I took from the transcript was how much stock he placed on Arsenal's global image and perception. Not results, not trophies but image. Wouldn't have been my line but he's been there for 22 years and obviously has very deep affection and concern for how the club is viewed.

So to then say a couple of days later that the timing wasn't his decision struck me as strange. For Mr Arsenal to publicly state that when all it can do is add fuel to the fire and provide the media with more headlines seemed at odds with a desire to maintain "global satisfaction".
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: April 26, 2018, 08:56:51 PM »

Arsenal crowd giving their regards to Simeone on his exit to size up the chair in Wenger's office, measure for new curtains etc

who can you spot in the crowd....look closely

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3454 on: April 26, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »

Jeremy is the one in black and white.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3455 on: April 26, 2018, 09:06:12 PM »

dubai is probably hidden in there somewhere!  thought simon deadman was bang in the middle of the picture as well. 
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: May 03, 2018, 08:34:14 PM »

7 minutes into the game, Koscielny appears to have ruptured his Achilles' tendon and is stretchered off in great pain.

Freak accident, not a tackle, no physical contact, he just went down in agony.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: May 03, 2018, 09:31:49 PM »

Not been a vintage Arsenal performance, hopefully they can nick one in the last 25 mins.
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: May 04, 2018, 01:31:04 PM »

Well that was shite - pretty fitting and the starting XI, bench and the approach was a pretty fair reflection of our decline over the last 10 years.

It reminded me of an old coach who, when exasperated about a performance would just yell at us 'They're just better than you'. So it was with Atletico over the 2 legs.

So much more competent and so many admirable qualities and players with a keen understanding of what their role is.

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: May 06, 2018, 02:24:04 PM »

Here's an interesting stat.

If Arsene Wenger were to stay and lose his next one hundred games in a row he would still have the highest win-ratio of any Arsenal manager.

arbboy

View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: May 06, 2018, 05:53:51 PM »

The original flat track bullies are signing off in style.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: May 08, 2018, 03:05:49 PM »

On more positive notes, it was good to see Alexis score a cracker last night and also what a goal by Kolasinac, he's going to be a star.  A great start to his Arsenal career. 

I'm hoping it all gels together for Sundays game.

Well yes, though after the first half, I was dreading Sunday. After the 2nd half, maybe it'll be OK. Maybe.

So, 2 wins in 2 games, crisis passed & the thread is dead. Defeat on Sunday, Team It's a Crisis & Team Flat Track Bullies will be back, & the blonde post-count will soar.

Win-Win really.

Not me.

We are already playing Groundhog  stuff.

I shall return in Late March when we will probably still be in a cup competition, languishing in about 5/6th place and about to go on a late season surge as all the other top spots are out of our reach.

AW will spend the season moaning about poor decisions that everyone else has no issue with. We may see him speak to Steve Bould twice over that period, we will lose to the top six consistently, lose Sanchez in Jan, and sign someone one one has ever heard of for a ludicrous fee to offset the hurt.

I bet if I could ask Sky for a request a bet on that lot, I would be offered 2-1 @ best.....

See you in March

Afternoon all.

I did promise that back in last September I would be back at the end of the season to confirm my predictions (as usual Wink Wink Wink) would come to pass.

And so it seems they did as above.

In fact I spent much of yesterday evening reading through the entire thread and I do feel somewhat justified in my strong stance for so bloody long. Others should also read back and see how foolish they sound all these years later.....but I didn't come back for this brief spell to argue, its been so pleasant here without me! Cheesy Cheesy

Needless to say it was party central in the Adz household when he(AW) finally chucked in the towel(we all know he didn't really, but he is gone now so lets move on). Im quite content to see him still at the helm, and the lack of guts and determination in the Europa Final showed me just how much they are bothered about his departure. We might get a few put in a full shift now, as they realise they have a new Lord to please...we shall see.

The next question is where do we go from here? (Would love Simeone, but will be happy with Allegri)

My gut feel is we need a strong defensively minded manager. Well lets at least start with one that wants us to tackle like men, all across the team. That for me was one of the principle values of the Invincibles. Everyone of them got stuck in, none of this backing off, backing off until the oppos are in our box malarky, symptomatic of the last ten years.

Some of our recent games, yes,  our late season games, when its all over etc, have proven that we have the flair, when on song, to give anyone a game, but we need tacklers and people with some iron in their veins.

Some of the recent spending has been appalling, and hopefully a new man will not treat the purse like its his own money, or like a min spend will get him a bigger salary next year....

We some strengthening, and I am not expecting results for a few seasons. However I don't think much needs changing to get us back to CL football, just some new thinking.

Let us not forget we have a great pedigree, we are winners, we are Londons Pride.

WE ARE ARSENAL!!

PS, thanks to hhyfrgrrehhr for the wonderful Man City 100 goals tip.

PPS. Dont worry Camel, it was only a one off to tidy up some unfinished business.xx

Love you all.

Adz

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: May 08, 2018, 05:02:34 PM »

Yay, the Adz is back.

Oh, wait......

"PPS. Dont worry Camel, it was only a one off to tidy up some unfinished business.xx"

Camel last posted the same day you last posted, so we lost both of you on the same day. A severe blow to blonde. To be fair, you did get rather stuck into him. Wink

I have no plans to beg anyone to return, but it'd be kinda nice if we all let bygones be bygones & you returned, & then I'll try & get Camel back, though I fear he won't play ball.

blonde is a free to view enterprise, & it saddens me to see folks getting uppity with each other & leaving.

Now we've lost Arsene, too.

Give it some thought please, you moany old git. And whilst you are about it, give us the winner of the Players Championship. 14/1 the field, gotta be some value there.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=67499.375

« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 05:32:17 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3463 on: May 08, 2018, 05:17:20 PM »

Give it some thought please, you moany old git.

+1

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #3464 on: May 08, 2018, 06:33:26 PM »

Stop being such a fucking woman.

+1

+1000

Pages: 1 ... 227 228 229 230 [231] 232 233 234 235 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: