blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 12:42:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 604067 times)
Pokerpops

View Profile
« Reply #3885 on: August 08, 2019, 08:47:22 AM »

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/bruce-millington/ranked-all-20-premier-league-clubs-in-order-of-finishing-position/394223

Bruce Millington (former editoor of the RP) has his EPL predictions for the season which might raise a few eyebrows on here!  He is a Palace diehard just for balance.

Almost on a par with Aaron talking Brexit.

This bit is definitely right
...we will start to get just a little bit fed up with Jurgen Klopp.../i]

"More than at any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly."
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: August 08, 2019, 09:07:05 AM »

Luiz a good bit of business?

Any defender is worth a try in place of what we have, is my view, however it flies in the face of all Kronke Junior said a few weeks ago about low cost young signings, of which only Tierney, of the current signings, seems to fit.

Not a moan, but an observation.

I might throw a tenner at 66s after all.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: August 08, 2019, 02:39:02 PM »

I must admit that our $40M "War-Chest" appears to have gone a long way in this window:

Martinelli
Ceballos
Pepe
Saliba
Tierney
Luiz

I'm signifiantly less depressed about our upcoming season now 

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3888 on: August 08, 2019, 02:42:03 PM »

I must admit that our $40M "War-Chest" appears to have gone a long way in this window:

Martinelli
Ceballos
Pepe
Saliba
Tierney
Luiz

Once again a clear indicator of how we in this country are easily swayed into listening to the doom and gloom media.

On this occasion, I must admit, I fell for it.  Angry

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: August 08, 2019, 10:44:33 PM »

Iwobi gone for 30 mill. We are doing some good business again.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: August 08, 2019, 10:53:30 PM »

Luiz a good bit of business?

Any defender is worth a try in place of what we have, is my view, however it flies in the face of all Kronke Junior said a few weeks ago about low cost young signings, of which only Tierney, of the current signings, seems to fit.

Not a moan, but an observation.

I might throw a tenner at 66s after all.

I've always liked Luiz, hope it works out well

sola virtus nobilitat
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: August 08, 2019, 11:23:32 PM »

I can see the Luiz/Sokkertits central pairing being really good as long as the mutual respect is there.

Chambers has looked more assured than previously in pre-season games too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: August 09, 2019, 01:16:04 PM »

Martinelli
Ceballos
Pepe
Saliba
Tierney
Luiz

Arsenal apparently on physically spent 45m this window. They paid 6 or 7m towards saliba and only 20m of the 72 for pepe.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: August 09, 2019, 01:36:54 PM »

Martinelli
Ceballos
Pepe
Saliba
Tierney
Luiz

Arsenal apparently on physically spent 45m this window. They paid 6 or 7m towards saliba and only 20m of the 72 for pepe.

I think that is all a load of newspaper puff Vinny.

Pretty much all transfers are paid for in installments over the length of the incoming player's contract, apart from when the sheikh first took over at City and astounded everyone by paying the full whack up front for all of the players they bought. Even they now pay in installments.

Do you honestly think that all Arsenal's incomings are paid by installments and their outgoings are settled in full straight away?

That is the only way your equation would work.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: August 09, 2019, 01:46:37 PM »

Martinelli
Ceballos
Pepe
Saliba
Tierney
Luiz

Pretty much all transfers are paid for in installments over the length of the incoming player's contract, apart from when the sheikh first took over at City and astounded everyone by paying the full whack up front for all of the players they bought. Even they now pay in installments.

Do you honestly think that all Arsenal's incomings are paid by installments and their outgoings are settled in full straight away?

I don't believe it works for all their business in and out, but it may have worked for some of it. Which would kind of add up.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: August 09, 2019, 01:58:08 PM »

Martinelli
Ceballos
Pepe
Saliba
Tierney
Luiz

I don't believe it works for all their business in and out, but it may have worked for some of it. Which would kind of add up.

That's possible of course, but I've always thought of transfer budgets being calculated on the gross net spend per window.

Otherwise installments being paid for prior season's business would have to be included and the waters would become extremely muddy.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: August 09, 2019, 02:32:47 PM »

Martinelli
Ceballos
Pepe
Saliba
Tierney
Luiz

That's possible of course, but I've always thought of transfer budgets being calculated on the gross net spend per window.

Otherwise installments being paid for prior season's business would have to be included and the waters would become extremely muddy.

Wouldn't the big clubs know in advance what funds they expect (guaranteed funds) are coming in in the future? Advertising/europe payments etc.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: August 09, 2019, 02:50:28 PM »

Martinelli
Ceballos
Pepe
Saliba
Tierney
Luiz

Wouldn't the big clubs know in advance what funds they expect (guaranteed funds) are coming in in the future? Advertising/europe payments etc.

I read a financial report which suggested we were in dire straits in the short to medium-term due to our wage bill.

Here you go:

https://arseblog.news/2019/07/swiss-ramble-arsenal-highly-likely-to-post-large-financial-loss/

That is why I was so pessimistic before we did some surprisingly good business.

The Twitter thread is here:

https://twitter.com/swissramble/status/1088795525472755717?lang=en
« Last Edit: August 09, 2019, 02:52:36 PM by Karabiner » Logged

Teacake

View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: August 09, 2019, 04:52:08 PM »

They paid the full £25m for KT up front. Celtic notified the stock exchange as such yesterday.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: August 09, 2019, 05:31:47 PM »

They paid the full £25m for KT up front. Celtic notified the stock exchange as such yesterday.

Does that mean 100% that the deal is not structured or brokered in any way by a bank?

I'd say that the full amount being paid up front in a transfer of this size is the exception rather than the rule.

Pages: 1 ... 256 257 258 259 [260] 261 262 263 264 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: