blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:55:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Arsenal FC a very promising story
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 ... 279 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Arsenal FC a very promising story  (Read 600640 times)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3915 on: August 13, 2019, 01:44:28 PM »

Swiss Ramble

Earlier this year it was widely reported that Arsenal would only have a £45m transfer budget this summer, after failing to qualify for the Champions League, but the club has actually splashed out well over £100m. This thread explains how this was possible

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1161168659861127169?s=20

I was about to link that Smiley

It is a brilliant explanation of how transfers are really accounted for and sticks the boot in the net spend obsessives.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3916 on: August 13, 2019, 06:16:38 PM »

Swiss Ramble

Earlier this year it was widely reported that Arsenal would only have a £45m transfer budget this summer, after failing to qualify for the Champions League, but the club has actually splashed out well over £100m. This thread explains how this was possible

https://twitter.com/SwissRamble/status/1161168659861127169?s=20

Thoroughly enjoyed reading that, thanks Tighty. Don't agree with all of it, & I have always believed it's good for football clubs to hoard cash & be conservative with spending, (Peter Ridsdale @ Leeds is a great contra-example) but the article was most interesting I thought.

I'm trying to cut down the number of "Follows" I have, but I've now added that one.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3917 on: August 15, 2019, 11:32:36 AM »

This saga with Ozil, Kolasinac, and the gangsters is quite remarkable for the lack of outrage in the media:

https://arseblog.com/2019/08/ozil-kolasinac-guard-dogs-and-lack-of-outrage/

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3918 on: August 20, 2019, 08:44:32 AM »

Arsenal: Josh Kroenke on transfer window, Unai Emery & targeting Premier League title

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49401513

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3919 on: August 24, 2019, 08:33:11 PM »

Well beaten by a far more accomplished team today but green shoots are definitely visible - to my rose-tinted eyes anyway.

It feels as though there's another little piece being added to the composite each week.

Looking forward to mashing the spuds next weekend with far more optimism. #mmmmmashedspuds

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3920 on: August 24, 2019, 09:26:49 PM »

I like Luis on a couple of levels.

He doesn't feel the need to pass his way out of the box. Hoof it, good lad.

Also a yellow for shirt tugging. Ffs, if VaR  sees that on every corner or free kick, we will end with 2  a side most weeks.

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3921 on: August 24, 2019, 10:39:44 PM »

Also a yellow for shirt tugging. Ffs, if VaR  sees that on every corner or free kick, we will end with 2  a side most weeks.

It was an indisputable penalty for the stupid blatant shirt-tug which the ref could hardly ignore.

You can't have watched the game.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3922 on: August 24, 2019, 10:48:53 PM »

It was an indisputable penalty for the stupid blatant shirt-tug which the ref could hardly ignore.

Oh behave, you don't have a monopoly just because you you worship Arseblog. Of course i watched it.

Just saying that is VAR picks up every shirt tug, corners will be a ten minute affair from now on

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3923 on: August 24, 2019, 10:56:28 PM »

Oh behave, you don't have a monopoly just because you you worship Arseblog. Of course i watched it.

Just saying that is VAR picks up every shirt tug, corners will be a ten minute affair from now on

I thought you were saying that Luiz didn't deserve a yellow for the shirt-tug - that's how it read.

Arseblog has about a dozen contributors.

BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #3924 on: August 24, 2019, 11:01:34 PM »

No. It was.

But if Var is picking up shirt tugging, corners and free kicks will be fun from now on.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3925 on: August 25, 2019, 09:41:06 PM »

Thought Arsenal looked terrible today.

Not the most enjoyable watch I'll grant you but I was happy to see us grind out an away win with a clean-sheet.

We have many players out/not match-fit and had three acadamy players who started - remind me how many your lot had?

Are you really going down that route? Like it means anything.

Granted its the first game, teams aren't match fit and have players out etc but you looked pretty terrible against what is a poor Newcastle side.
A decent team would have destroyed you today. Amount of times you gave the ball away in your half was incred, just fortunate Newcastle didn't possess the quality to punish those errors.
Many others will.

Newcastle's stock appears to be rising..

hhyftrftdr

View Profile
« Reply #3926 on: August 26, 2019, 09:55:10 PM »

Thought Arsenal looked terrible today.

Not the most enjoyable watch I'll grant you but I was happy to see us grind out an away win with a clean-sheet.

We have many players out/not match-fit and had three acadamy players who started - remind me how many your lot had?

Are you really going down that route? Like it means anything.

Granted its the first game, teams aren't match fit and have players out etc but you looked pretty terrible against what is a poor Newcastle side.
A decent team would have destroyed you today. Amount of times you gave the ball away in your half was incred, just fortunate Newcastle didn't possess the quality to punish those errors.
Many others will.

Newcastle's stock appears to be rising..

Well that makes your performance at their gaff much better   Cheesy

Dreadful tactics against Liverpool. What on earth was Emery thinking?!

Best Bitter.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3927 on: September 01, 2019, 10:52:41 AM »

Curious timing of Nacho Monreal's departure considering he has started all three of our games so far this season.

Emery has been reluctant to play Kolasinac in a back-4 previously so I suspect we might go with three at the back for today's NLD.

This is significant as it would almost definitely mean the return of Rob Holding to the starting line-up after almost a year out with injury.

It would also mean that we are highly unlikely to start all three of Aubamayang, Lacazette, and Pepé up front with Laca the most likely to miss out again.

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3928 on: September 01, 2019, 11:00:08 AM »

Curious timing of Nacho Monreal's departure considering he has started all three of our games so far this season.

Emery has been reluctant to play Kolasinac in a back-4 previously so I suspect we might go with three at the back for today's NLD.

This is significant as it would almost definitely mean the return of Rob Holding to the starting line-up after almost a year out with injury.

It would also mean that we are highly unlikely to start all three of Aubamayang, Lacazette, and Pepé up front with Laca the most likely to miss out again.

Rather a shame if so, as I was rather looking forward to watching those three do their thing.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #3929 on: September 01, 2019, 11:46:01 AM »

Rather a shame if so, as I was rather looking forward to watching those three do their thing.

I could be wrong as I did read a piece about Kola working very hard on his defensive work to make him more suitable to playing in a four.

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 ... 279 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: