blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:32:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Staking deals and markup. Discussion?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 18 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Staking deals and markup. Discussion?  (Read 33175 times)
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2012, 02:07:31 AM »

lol 
JK

Probably the worst player here

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2012, 02:26:37 AM »

All ive learnt is that everyones got an expected roi of well above 50%. Some poor bloke somewhere must be doing his brains for us all to keep carving it up

You win. Would probably buy at .1 more after this post
jack2off

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2012, 02:27:08 AM »

There you go, see "Two Plus Two  Lawsuit", near ther bottom.

The Crew is no more.....

I am told he is a quite splendid chap.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Boyd
Ah didnt realise all that!! thanks for the link Tikay!
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2012, 02:35:47 AM »

All ive learnt is that everyones got an expected roi of well above 50%. Some poor bloke somewhere must be doing his brains for us all to keep carving it up

SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2012, 02:37:05 AM »

I was watching one of these antique shows, think it was Bargain Hunt, the one where the guy wears a dickie bow and says "we're orf to the auction". Anyway he had this toby jug he valued at £50-£80 which I thought was a terrible valuation because it was a fckin hideous looking thing, but after lots of frantic bidding it actually sold for £300. I thought wtf?

guess that proves the underlying point that anythings immeadiate value is always = to whatever someone is prepared to pay for it.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2012, 02:47:40 AM »

I read the thread on staking with must interest, after Jason mentioned my name had been mentioned in vain again on Blonde, I'm used to a few haters on Facebook but that comes with the territory, being a blondeite all be it on that posts irregularly I had hoped that people's responses would be fairly measured, and mostly they are... So that is point 1.. Point 2 I hope that Aaron isn't embittered by the fact that I removed he as a friend on Facebook, altho I have a fair few mostly, poker contacts, however I am systematically removing people who spam me or make defamatory comments.
Point 3 I value the advice of many of the blonde players such as chompy, tikay, vinnie and all of whom have given me good advice recently....not knowing much about the staking arena but as Jason H commented I had sold action, a full compliment in fact at 2:1 in my naivety. I then spoke to Cos again someone who's opinion I value highly and he informed me that most people sell at between 1:1.15 and 1:1.3, which seems not a great deal for the player imo, but if that is the Market who am I to argue. I spend most of my spare time away from poker and work helping our team members in blue blood and it's finally nice to find a good group of people who are serious about improving their poker and helping other players in the process... Poker certainly attracts a lot of nobs, but there are a lot of decent people too! I shall try and post a lot more on blonde because generally I think the discussions are pretty measured.... Thanks for your ears and gl at the tables!

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2012, 02:49:46 AM »

;

Pete are you not aware that after all the girls who work at Dtd, you are the nut worst spammer on Facebook. Channing does not even come close to you Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2012, 08:15:29 AM »

Jason, if hendon mob ever showed profit/loss mate you would be bang in trouble. Fwiw i bought 20% in pete W, for this 770. For a few reasons. I like how much he cares about the game, although his play might be a tad fundamentally flawed, who says you have to be crushing the stars high stakes mtt's to win a dtd comp. Look through every one of DtD's results and you will find a lot more of what people would say are 'clowns' winning that established good thinking online winners. Obv variance accounts for this but also the fact that people still can't adjust to live poker and still ike to 7 bet with blockers and lose their minds. I have a day 2 sweat almost always. Oh and he caught me at a vv good time. I had just been paid back an almost identical amount that the 20% i bought would cost me. GO on the wiggler
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2012, 08:34:22 AM »

Jason, if hendon mob ever showed profit/loss mate you would be bang in trouble. Fwiw i bought 20% in pete W, for this 770. For a few reasons. I like how much he cares about the game, although his play might be a tad fundamentally flawed, who says you have to be crushing the stars high stakes mtt's to win a dtd comp. Look through every one of DtD's results and you will find a lot more of what people would say are 'clowns' winning that established good thinking online winners. Obv variance accounts for this but also the fact that people still can't adjust to live poker and still ike to 7 bet with blockers and lose their minds. I have a day 2 sweat almost always. Oh and he caught me at a vv good time. I had just been paid back an almost identical amount that the 20% i bought would cost me. GO on the wiggler
Petes a good mate with me Trigg and his style means that more often than not you are gonna get a sweat. I used the hendonmob to highlight that and not to say if Pete is profitable or not. You are 100% correct that the types of winners at Dtd come with differing skill sets. Ceri and Tommy getting heads up this weekend is the first time in a long while you can actually say the best two got there. But that's what makes poker so fun and interesting. If the best 25 players won everytime at Dtd then the 95% of recreational players would stop playing and the club would shut.

Your investment in Pete is a good one despite what Aaron Alex Pleno might say.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2012, 08:51:07 AM »

deff punt, not nvestment
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2012, 09:03:11 AM »

Jason I'm going to have a go at explaining what I think you think lol (god help) remember ofc I'm a big herbie fan and this is not a dig or anything of the sort.

You think that the younger generation, don't fully respect the older generation and there style of play/approach to the game. I think in a lot of cases you are right. You use the hendon mob constantly as a reference but I think you're intentions in referencing the HMD are slightly mis-interpreted by the forum. I think it's the best reference point you have to the younger, online driven generation where this kind of stat is really easy available, but it's not to say "look this guy has cashed $700k therefore is 100% a winning player" you're a smart guy you obviously know this to be the case, I think what you actually want to say to people is "look, this guy has been playing a lot of comps, for a lot of years, and despite what anyone thinks of his game he DOES have the capability of going deep or even winning a poker tournament." Profit at the bottomline isn't actually what defines you as a "good player" (it's what defines you as a good proffessional) Is Pete W good value in the 770 comp at the price trigg paid? I have no clue, his hendon mob doesn't tell us but it does tell us that he has it in him to win a poker tournament of this nature, and he has done it in the past. For this he deserves some respect and I agree with that (whilst also 100% confirming that it says nothign for his actual poker ability)

am I anywhere near the mark?

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »

Yes you are quite close Dave. Wish I could answer more in the style of Mantis tho. It's has nothing to do with the younger generation disrespecting their elders it's about a few decent stand up guys being made to feel like twats because people are saying that they should not be charging 70/30 or 1.3. Even Gregg has found it neccessary to justify himself itt. You have been in the same position as these guys and will know how bad it feels. To say a guy ain't  worth  something is a matter of opinion but these guys are selling out and everyone of their investors are 100% happy afaik and would buy again.

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Dubai

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 08, 2012, 12:12:32 PM »

It's amazing how sensitive these poker players are. Maybe the truth hurts

They are selling because they are decent blokes, which as I said is fine IMO to get people back on their feet. But ain't right if they pocket the winnings of an already lopsided deal, give it to their missus to build another extension on their mansions before reverting back to selling at what is again a deal that offers the backer nothing but variance

For a deal to be fair IMO both sides need some leeway. Marc obviously has a longterm roi expectation of well over 16%, so he offers the backers a decent incentive. Maybe some of these people selling at 1.4 have longterm expectations of 100% rois, I mean I severely doubt it but luckily for them it will never be proven anyway. But if they are that sure of their abilities it would be nice if they put some reddies up to back it up. As we like to say "Put up or shut up"

Gamblers opinion means nothing whilst the money stays in the clip

« Last Edit: March 08, 2012, 12:14:08 PM by Dubai » Logged
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 08, 2012, 01:08:29 PM »

Your investment in Pete is a good one despite what Aaron Alex Pleno might say.

Then you don't know much then!
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 08, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »

Jason I'm going to have a go at explaining what I think you think lol (god help) remember ofc I'm a big herbie fan and this is not a dig or anything of the sort.

You think that the younger generation, don't fully respect the older generation and there style of play/approach to the game. I think in a lot of cases you are right. You use the hendon mob constantly as a reference but I think you're intentions in referencing the HMD are slightly mis-interpreted by the forum. I think it's the best reference point you have to the younger, online driven generation where this kind of stat is really easy available, but it's not to say "look this guy has cashed $700k therefore is 100% a winning player" you're a smart guy you obviously know this to be the case, I think what you actually want to say to people is "look, this guy has been playing a lot of comps, for a lot of years, and despite what anyone thinks of his game he DOES have the capability of going deep or even winning a poker tournament." Profit at the bottomline isn't actually what defines you as a "good player" (it's what defines you as a good proffessional) Is Pete W good value in the 770 comp at the price trigg paid? I have no clue, his hendon mob doesn't tell us but it does tell us that he has it in him to win a poker tournament of this nature, and he has done it in the past. For this he deserves some respect and I agree with that (whilst also 100% confirming that it says nothign for his actual poker ability)

am I anywhere near the mark?

This post is pure guff and says absolutely nothing. What is the point of speculating on someone else's opinion, especially someone so happy to provide their opinion as Jason Herbert?

Posts like that aside I have quite enjoyed this thread. Personally I think Dubai's posts have been pretty spot on, 100% agree people have been overcharging, but is it our place to point that out? In my opinion yes it is, if someone fancies an argument on the internet this is a good issue to start one over, having it happen in their thread is the risk people take when they post a staking request on a public forum. The only reason I didn't comment is that I didn't fancy falling out with anyone, and both the sellers and the buyers get very defensive. Not surprising really, turning up on a staking thread and trolling the price is basically like walking into a room where two people are shaking hands and pointing at each of them saying "You're a scumbag, and you're a mug". But I still think someone ought to do it so I applaud Dubai in this instance, and credit to trigg who also likes to keep people honest, perhaps after someone did it to him some time in the distant past.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 ... 18 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: