blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:31:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live poker
| | |-+  Live Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Tournament Staking Package SOLD OUT
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tournament Staking Package SOLD OUT  (Read 25576 times)
AlexMartin
spewtards r us

rat+rabbiting society of herts- future champ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #120 on: July 07, 2012, 06:47:50 PM »

gwan the kral!
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 07, 2012, 07:58:33 PM »

Had a bit of a John Black and tried to craise the turn on a Kk37 board trying to get a guy in a fluffy green wig off AK

Still got average  at 145k  blinds 12/2400/300

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2012, 08:48:17 PM »

He couldn't run better if he tried. Me, him and Pizzled on the same table, somehow its not the feature table.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 07, 2012, 08:51:34 PM »

Back upto 245k  we raise to 6400 with AA at 15/3000/400 and get flatted by Celtic otb and the lovely lady in tge sb 3bs to 36400 we flat and Vinny gets out the way and on the 29Q board we jam all in and get called by KK but have no sweat on the Aceball turn

#gottabearoundwhenthegoodthingshappen!

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 07, 2012, 09:05:27 PM »

Get owning Vinny for giggles

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 07, 2012, 09:24:06 PM »

235k coming back at 2/4/500  avg 158k  24 left

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 07, 2012, 10:52:57 PM »

Busto at 3/6/600  lost a big pot that was marginal and will post in tr and that left me with 29k at 2/4 and despite doubling through once the dream of b2b 11k scores is over.

Will post totals and tr after the weekend Sad

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 09, 2012, 04:28:01 PM »

"A Tale of 2 Spews!"

GUKPT Plymouth £500 + £50

This was a bit of a snoozefest early on with 50k starting stack and an hour clock with every imaginable level bar 250/500 and 2500/5000 so with 76 runners there was no need to get busy early and the first hand of note we played was at 75/150 when Stuart Kinghorn (Discostu) raises utg and we flat  as it's early and Stu had no reason to be ool from utg and after a flat from the co who was a v loose guy called Martin holmes we opened up the door for the button who was Italian and a nice guy who had already shown he was happy to splash around ahving already 6x'd some spot and he made it 2600 with myself and Martin now calling to see a flop of K72 r/bow and after myself and Martin chk he fired out 4200 which I called with the intention of chk/folding the turn if he fired again on certain cards but was happy to see him chk back the offsuit 4 and we saw a fairly safe 7 river.  Andrea the Italian had shown a tendancy to overbet the river as a bluff or for value so I felt that leading was cheaper in the long run as I can dictate the size and he never bluffs me with the action as played so fired out 7400 figuring I am only worried about JJ/QQ here unfortunately he had JJ and we were on the back foot.

Martin Holmes was very happy with the re-entry option and had declared levels 5/6 would see him double back to S/stack or re-enter and I was hoping to find a hand vs him as most of his action was to just raise in or oop and over bet jam flops and rivers and show the bluff but in levels 5 and 6 we were left with 22k and had no spots or cards we could take advantage of and due to the seating positions with it being Martin and the Italians blinds when I was in LP or them in LP when I was utg - utg2 I had to really nit it up and tighten all of my opening/3 b'ing ranges as they just flat ip or both call it off from the blinds needing us to flop happy with our stack, this is really tough for me but you have to adapt and was still happy with 50 bigs coming back at 2/400/50.

I had a convo on the break before this level with Vinny and Paul about how it was inportant not to think about stacks but blinds in this comp more than others due to the great structure and coming back a couple of hands in we received a confidence building double through.  DiscoStu raised utg to 1100 and I 3b to 2700 with AKo which he just flatted to see a flop of  two spades and he check called 3300 from me and we saw the  so with a pot of 13050 and roughly 14k back it was a fairly easy turn jam from me and as he didnt snap I sat fairly confident and still so when he counted out the call and sighed it off with KJo and we faded the 7 outer to get to over 40k.

For a £500 comp people were really passive and the action tended to go 4x to 1600 with 3 or 4 callers behind so having rebuilt my stack nitted it up again as if you could find a few hands people paid you off and we got another opportunity at 3/600/75 when we find  utg and made it 2100 (this is bigger than I would ever normally make it but they called upto this figure) and unfortunately got just the 3 callers none of which were the blinds the flop came a fairly safe 334dd and I continued the lead for 4600 getting called only by my friend Andrea the turn was a black Q and I checked to give him a chance to bluff but he checked it back and the river was the  to house us up and he called off8k  (probs too small) to send us over starting stack and average for the first time that day.

Nothing of note happened in the final level of the day apart from me value towning myself with  on an A8249 runout losing to A10 from the bb and we bagged up 54800 at the end of day1

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 09, 2012, 05:51:10 PM »

Part 2

We had a redraw and lost 4500 early BvB after we flop tp bad kicker and bet turn and call river losing to the SB rivered flush before we win some chips when a loose young guy from Belgium raises to 2400 at 6/1200/150 and a short stack makes it 7400 from 17400 and we find  in the SB and I felt than 4b calling here was better than jamming here as the shortie is never folding and a 50k jam looks redic so 4b and the Belgie folds and shortie calls obv and we are on the backs with shortie having  before any cards were dealt the young guy declare I had the same hand as you and I said "It's not gonna change what cards come out but you know it's bad etiquette to say that yeah" to which he just nods and the poker gods find a Queen on the river to move us forward.

Next hand we raise the btn to 2400 with  and the sb 3b's to 5500 which we peel and on a  he leads for 6200 but never looks comfy so I 3b the flop to 14100 and he snap folds, 4 hands later we find 88 on the btn and lose a smallish pot to another rivered backdoor flush to move back to 65500 with the average at 70k.

We lost another pot sending us down to 56k then an older guy raises utg2 to 3k at 6/12/150 and we 3bet to 7400 next to act with  which he calls and we flop AJQss and he checks to us so fire 6800 hoping to see no paint and a red 8 turns up he again checks so bet 14k to set up a river shove on non spade or paint river and after he calls we see a  which he again checks very quickly and having played with him for a few hours know he never checks back his made hands or any J combo's so am fairly confident in my read and bet my last chips with and he calls after a dwell with AK giving us the double through to 112k.

At 8/1600 we move to 197500 when we flop the house with 99 on 933 and after the BB chks we chk back and min  raise his turn donk when the 7 rolled off to see the 5 river and he bet 12k with about 55k back so just jam and he snaps me off having rivered a smaller FH with 55.  I then got incredibly lucky to move to the heady heights of 277500 when peeled an utg raise with  after the sb made up also from the BB and saw a  and C/C 10k from the OR the turn was a  and had already decided to chk jam if he bet again which he did and he snapped me with  but binked a  to have 277500 at dinner.

"SPEW 1"
I had this feeling of invincibility but also was by far the most active on the table and had an image  Railtard would be proud of but with less skill obv and when a guy wearing a green fluffy wig who left the table every 5mins to get another pint or to go to the loo raised in mid pos and the btn peeled I took a look at the flop with  and we saw a flop of KK3 and check called a bet with a plan to check raise the turn if it was non paint and when he continued the lead I continued with my plan and set him in figuring I can get him to put down everything bar AA or AK/KQ  or other FH combos as he would still have enough back but unfortunately his chips beat mine in to the pot andI didnt get there otr vs his AK so I sheepishly waited for another good spot and now had 120k at 1500/3000/400 with 25 left and an average of 152k.

I received a full double through after finding AA and raising in early pos to be flatted by Vinny otb and Elaine a lovely older lady for whom headphones were designed for 3bet me from the small blind and I flatted hoping Vinny may try to squeeze us out or leaving us the option of raising all in her 100% gtd  cbet which came on a 9Q2 board and we held vs her KK to get back to 230k with the avg at 158k.

"Spew 2"
By now a nice Argentinian young guy who looked a bit like JP Kelly was sat to my right and had already shown the ability to fold a big hand but we had already had a few battles when at 3/6000/600 he raised the button to 12k and I 3b  to 28500 again with the plan to 5b if he min 4b as stack sizes would dictate the play but he just flatted and we saw a  and I lead for just under half pot and he clicked it back which looked weak and still gave a chance to get a jam through but he snapped  with a set of 8's and we were left with 7bbs.

I still felt confident enough to let the blinds go through me due to my lack of paint or suited cards received  and then shoved 45cc in mid pos and a guy snap calls behind for 1/2 his stack with A8o leaving one of the blinds a decision who folded a hand that would have beaten mine but we got there on a run out of QK7cc 2 5 to get to 60k.

With the blinds about to go up again I decided I was jamming utg without looking as we were just about to go to 4/8k and after the "fake look" pushed all in for 55k and the SB called then the BB jammed and the Italian guy from my first table on day one called off his remianing stack with 44 and we were both behind to JP Kelly lookalike KK but Andrea flopped a 4 and that was it for us unfortunately!

I was pretty devo'd by the 2 hands I lost loadsa chips with as if in hand 1 I was saying in my head "no set and we dont lose anymore" but then tried to outplay a guy with the nuts and after a double back through I then proceeded to do the same again, I suppose I am slightly unlucky that they both have the absolute top of their ranges both times and that many other combos get the desired folds but still feel I owe an apology to my investors as I am 100% certains that without the first hand I receive an even bigger through in the AA vs KK hand as Elaine still had 130k back after doubling me through so would have had over 500k which would have been a FT stack and would have defo influenced how I then played the A9hh hand but feel my poor decision making cost us a minimum £1000 and opportunity for more.

So sorry guys and we now have £450 left out of the initial stake fund and our next tournies are
21st July £100 entry to day1 a of DTD Grand Prix and if required entry to Day 1b which is the 22nd July in this 200k euro tourney and will reserve the option to re-enter either day if required.

If we still have £££ left over or if everyone wants a final spin I will play the August deepstack which is £200 + £25 and may require a small amount of re-commitment from investors to top up dependant on what we have left over.

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 09, 2012, 06:11:13 PM »

Seems quite an international field for a game in Plymouth  Smiley

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 10, 2012, 02:21:47 AM »

If we still have £££ left over or if everyone wants a final spin I will play the August deepstack which is £200 + £25 and may require a small amount of re-commitment from investors to top up dependant on what we have left over.

Yes please Mr Kral, send me the "how much" & we'll do it.

Big D (Dylan) who cannot post on the Staking Board yet, but who is sat next to me right now, wants the spin-up (or as he called it, spin-down) too, please.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 10, 2012, 04:28:46 AM »

He tried jase, unfortunately for him, he ran into j2.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2012, 09:22:54 AM »

Lol. Post the hand

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2012, 10:08:23 AM »

Lol. Post the hand
I raise the button with  which was folded to me about 90% of the time but unfortuantely a bloke who resembled a bigger version of Bobalike had sat down and defended his bb with a 3b after declaring "dont do it, dont do it" and after i count out a 4b I elect to fold as didnt need to be cock waving with him at that stage and he bellows "that's what you do with J2"  Wink

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:14 AM »

Yes please Mr Kral, send me the "how much" & we'll do it.

Big D (Dylan) who cannot post on the Staking Board yet, but who is sat next to me right now, wants the spin-up (or as he called it, spin-down) too, please.
Cheers Tikay & Dylan, I will let you know if we require anything after next weekend.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: