blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:59:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Live Tournament Updates
| | |-+  DTD £500 Deepstack £200,000 Gtd: Day2 and final
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD £500 Deepstack £200,000 Gtd: Day2 and final  (Read 148724 times)
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #900 on: May 09, 2012, 01:58:48 PM »

I have to agree and add my two penneth that for a £500 comp it was way too fast.

Who said it was too fast? Isn't consensus that it's too slow if anything?

I should have said who I was agreeing with. (TL900 page 51)

I mean fast in terms of blind increases and relevant stack sizes not in hours played. Removing levels decreases the average stack sizes relevant to the blinds which results in a final table having relative short stacks thereby making raise folding and 3 bet folding more unlikely. When players have such short stacks they are more likely to fold or shove.

So with the huge pay jumps when you look down at 8,3o then J,2o etc folding seems the better option. Folding = boring.

I thought TL900 makes some valid points on page 51.
1. More flop play can result in more busts as players can get more creative or get coolered etc. (me on day 1A straight over set and day 2 full house over straight)
2. Flattening the payout structures
3. play more levels on day 1.

I have seen 2 posts since p51 in favour of a slower structure (3 including mine) and two in favour of yesterdays fast structure. Not conclusive by any means as this is a game of many varied opinions.

I have spoken to players who are now playing the DTD Deepstacks due to the newer improved structures introduced this year and I am one of them.
I suppose it would be interesting to see if anyone would choose not to play them now due to a slower structure.

I also suspect that a slower structure would result in more re-entries as players busting would be able to re enter at a higher big blind stack size. I know I would be more likely to re enter a slower paced tournament than a turbo style.

I believe that player for player we have more good players in the UK than elsewhere. I suspect that having so many good structured tournaments around the UK allowing serious players to travel this small island playing at least one a month has a lot to do with that.

I just hope it continues.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:36:56 PM by Gemini King » Logged
PeeJay

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: May 09, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »

I have to agree and add my two penneth that for a £500 comp it was way too fast.

So with the huge pay jumps when you look down at 8,3o then J,2o etc folding seems the better option. Folding = boring.

Try telling Alex Goulder the J2o is a fold
robyong

View Profile WWW
« Reply #902 on: May 09, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »

For my 2 pence, IMO, MY selflish preferred structure for monthly £500 would be;

1. Definitely 2 day comp (cant take too much time off work for poker)
2. 30,000 chips, with WSOP or EPT structured blinds (both are excellent)
3. 30 min clock day 1 - play down to the money, everyone day 2 is in money and plays a 60 min clock day 2 (radical i know)
4. Unlimited Re-Entry (let players like me build a massive prize pool when we gamble for chips early on)
5. 40% for the winner minimum

then every 3/4 months, supersize in some way

the game plays differently now, you need more starting chips with the style of poker nowadays, but i want to get to the business end of stealing antes quicker, instead of the set mining stages being too long

* this would just be MY ideal comp, not saying we would ever do this at DTD, well, actually, i can say for sure that we never would!

Cheers Rob
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:43:50 PM by robyong » Logged
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #903 on: May 09, 2012, 04:39:18 PM »

Try telling Alex Goulder the J2o is a fold

LOL
EvilPie

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: May 09, 2012, 04:41:10 PM »

I can take the banter and volume in small doses but the fact that it winds so many people up is why he keeps doing it... I'm not so sure about the fake accents though  - that can be a bit tilting.

Why do you say the accent's fake? Sounds pretty real to me.

Motivational speeches at their best:

"Because thats what living is, the 6 inches in front of your face......" - Patrick Leonard - 10th May 2015
jakally

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: May 09, 2012, 04:56:27 PM »

3. 30 min clock day 1 - play down to the money, everyone day 2 is in money and plays a 60 min clock day 2 (radical i know)
4. Unlimited Re-Entry (let players like me build a massive prize pool when we gamble for chips early on)

I like the 30 minute / 60 minute clock idea - got to be worth a go at some point.
Would probably mean you have less players in the club for day 2, but could be a better comp overall.

Unlimited re-entry is fine with me, but I don't think it makes a massive difference. Not many poeople in the field are rolled to take unlimited shots at a £500 buy in comp.

I can't see the upside to making the structure even more top heavy. Don't think it will attract any extra runners, and might be seen as a negative by some.
I stated earlier in the thread that I would like to see the payouts flattened, and I still think this would be a positive change.
Gemini Kings

View Profile WWW
« Reply #906 on: May 09, 2012, 05:02:21 PM »

the game plays differently now, you need more starting chips with the style of poker nowadays, but i want to get to the business end of stealing antes quicker, instead of the set mining stages being too long

* this would just be MY ideal comp, not saying we would ever do this at DTD, well, actually, i can say for sure that we never would!

Cheers Rob

Interesting suggestions Rob. I love the 60 min clock and also the idea of playing to the money on day one. A compromise could be to have the first few levels 30 Min's and then extend to 40 Min's and then 50 Min's. Or even 30/45/60

Cutting the breaks down from 20 to 10 minutes would help a little as well

Not keen about the 40% to the winner though as that would seriously reduce the other payouts. Having recently won one of your deepstacks I should be in favour of bigger first place prize money but I expect to min cash, medium cash and deep cash (as well as Busting) far more often than winning outright so being profitable by consistently cashing is important whilst always aiming for the win of course.

Flattening the payout structure should in theory put more money in the pockets of more players thereby keeping them returning more often.

But thanks for a great club Rob. You are doing wonders for Poker in the UK.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 11:27:28 PM by Gemini King » Logged
jgcblack

C'est la vie

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: May 10, 2012, 12:59:59 AM »

My two cents:

Rastafish is a really nice bloke. Never really seen him be rude to anyone or anything, he just get excited when he wins. He's playing for a lot of money, fair enough get excited if thats ur bag. While some of his plays are perhaps not what people would consider standard, he's not even close to being a bad poker player. He's difficult to play against and doesn't play scared at all which is a big thing once u get towards the end, as Alex said to me last night he's got a pretty good way of potraying a really loose image, while actually always having it when he gets to showdown . Guess it's easier to do all that when u make the nuts most hands, but that's not his fault, couldn't happen to a nicer bloke.

Spoke to my mum today after last night. First thing she said was "It would have been well boring to watch if Rastafish wasn't there" think that sums the situation up pretty well. He's a great character for the game, something a bit different. Fair play to him.

I think the structure was superb. Still maintain the type of players on the final table dictate what happens in terms of when things get wrapped up. Replace Mr Le, Newman, and Bosley with John Black, Mitch and Nick Hicks, it's probably wrapped up by 2am latest, replace George/Rastafish/Smith with Tikay/Jakally/Tom High and we'd probably still be there now. Not criticising any of those individuals, they're playing for a lot of money and they've made it there on merit, it's their right to play as tight as they damn well please. Play more levels on day 1 the only adjustment I would make, think Rob mentioned that anyway.

Also I think a lot of the play before the final table was pretty interesting. Far more play than in previous deepstacks. Why not stream one table for the whole of Day 2, even the whole tournament? Is it expensive to do? Updates would work well alongside that i think.

Didn't hear the commentary, but have heard Alex before so I know he's really good at it. I used to think Peejay was quite quiet, but nowadays he's an animal. Being sick in a Spanish Villa one minute then becoming a national celebrity by commentating on poker the next. What a boss. Mitch had to make do with a slightly inferior sidekick than usual but James staked everyone in the world that won any money yesterday so he wont care about me saying that. If its on youtube will deffo have a listen.

Tighty/Alex excellent updates. They give my mother something to do in her retirement and for that I thank you.

Quick shout out to the DTD football team who have a big match this week against "Barrymore's Swim Team" who are looking to make a big splash in the league this season.

well well well.... my thoughts and sentiments exactly sir.

Can't believe I have been compared to those two above, high praise indeed.

And you're absolutely right about the feature table..... There has to be a way to have 1 table of 8 throughout the tournament and have it on the feature, having a complete stream the whole time with guests would be absolutely amazing.  DTD are already so far ahead of any other club i know, but this would certainly be some frosting on the cake we all enjoy.

my  Two Clubs

He said you would be done quickly not you were a good player Cheesy

ouch....

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: May 10, 2012, 11:34:12 AM »

it dopesnt mean that he doesnt think you're a good player Cheesy

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: May 10, 2012, 11:46:39 AM »

Is the stream available to watch anywhere?

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #910 on: May 10, 2012, 11:49:38 AM »

typically it goes up on you tube about 7-10 days after the event. Nicola puts it on facebook

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Tommy Bingham

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 01, 2012, 01:52:31 PM »

Never folding... Bros just coming at us. We have a pair, if we're beat, we can always flop a set.
LeeMcshane

The only difference between praying in a Church an

View Profile WWW
« Reply #912 on: June 09, 2012, 06:07:41 PM »

Calling for it then? suppose to do that on the table!!

The only difference between praying in a Church and praying at the poker table is that when you pray at the poker table you really mean it.
Ice Shade
The Forming Pride Of Nottingham

View Profile WWW
« Reply #913 on: June 12, 2012, 05:21:59 PM »

Cheers Rob

This is perfectly fine. Personally id see the late reg/re-entry period be 30 mins, the rest be 45 mins, day two being an hour...that sounds fair and reasonable to all parties.
Sure, let them UL-RE, if we get five people willing to turn this into a world series buyin, who the hell will complain? sure you got busted by their 8th bullet, but you wouldn't complain about the extra £4k they'd put in previous.
40% for the winner is VERY steep, especially when you cant deal in these comp's anymore, sure make 1st alot more of a winner's paycheck (i detest these ultra flat pay structures), but dont do it at the expense of the rest of the final table and below.

Winning Isnt Everything...Wanting To Is...
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 12, 2012, 05:24:33 PM »

Peter

Vote and Post and give your views on this thread too please

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=58081.0

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 [61] Go Up Print