blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 10:13:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272479 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Cmon England!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 28 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Cmon England!!!!  (Read 43993 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 11, 2012, 09:32:49 PM »

I'm not a Gerard fan - he could have made life much more difficult for Nasri by standing up even a couple of paces off where he should have been. Diving out of the way was definitiely the least effective thing to do. Not many obvious replacements for him unfortunately

Would like to see Defoe and Walcott with more game time

Hope we're good enough to get a win and a draw at least from the next 2 and hope France play too their potential more in their next 2 games

sola virtus nobilitat
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 11, 2012, 09:42:49 PM »

sweden looked useless as i predicted, no pace in whole side.

pleaaseeee play two upfront v them Smiley

Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2012, 09:46:19 PM »

By far the worst atmosphere of the tournament so far, reminded me of watching the Ajax Tournament when Ajax weren't playing.

the Ukrainian authorities banned the England band, despite UEFA agreeing to them attending beforehand

Very few French there either
Yeah I heard that.
The Ukranians have scored a major own goal by the prices they were charging for Hotels and such.We seem to have two seperate tournaments on the go as Poland has had great crowds, atmosphere at nearly every game has been good and even the games have been more entertaining so far.
Having said that I would have expected Engand to have taken a few thousand more, the French have never really travelled in numbers.

Not sure there is the money about these days to go that far, for the usual numbers of travelling fans, especially with expectations of our performance so low
They have had plenty time to save up for it and I don't agree with the second point as it's not as if the Irish fans expect to get out their Group.Their is 20k in Poland and would have been 10k in Ukraine.
Is that just plucked out the air? Surely nothing to base it on?
Other factors - It's only 2 years since South Africa. It's 10 years since Ireland went to a tournament.
Despite lower expectations our expectations are still higher than Ireland's. It is easier to plan to go to a tournament when you know you will be coming back. England numbers will increase as each game goes by as if fans can only afford a finite number of games/days out there then people want to be there at the business end of things.
A lot of England fans follow their clubs too so have tickets and travel to pay for throughout the season. Most Ireland fans just have to buy a Liverpool or Man U shirt don't they?
Not denying it's poor numbers but it'll grow and there are plenty of reasons for Ireland taking more than us to not be a shock.
Touched a nerve here.
I'd be pretty certain if Ireland meet England in the quarter finals in Ukraine (big if as both look like going home early) then Ireland would have more fans, not bad for a Country with a population of 1/10 of Englands.That is with Englands 5k Hardcore already based there.
1 Trip for an Irish Man U/Liverpool fan to a Home game would pay for a Season Ticket and a few away Games for your Scunthorpe/Stockport fans so that arguement doesn't hold.
Football isn't even the countrys most popular Sport.
Even Sweden had far bigger numbers tonight than England.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2012, 09:48:14 PM »

Hart out now??

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
gatso
Ninja Mod

Let's go round again

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 11, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »

I'd be pretty certain if Ireland meet England in the quarter finals in Ukraine (big if as both look like going home early) then Ireland would have more fans

because hell freezing over would bring the english rail network to a standstill and we wouldn't be able to get to the airports

If you get to the yeasty clunge you've gone too far
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 11, 2012, 10:39:40 PM »

By far the worst atmosphere of the tournament so far, reminded me of watching the Ajax Tournament when Ajax weren't playing.

the Ukrainian authorities banned the England band, despite UEFA agreeing to them attending beforehand

Very few French there either
Yeah I heard that.
The Ukranians have scored a major own goal by the prices they were charging for Hotels and such.We seem to have two seperate tournaments on the go as Poland has had great crowds, atmosphere at nearly every game has been good and even the games have been more entertaining so far.
Having said that I would have expected Engand to have taken a few thousand more, the French have never really travelled in numbers.

Not sure there is the money about these days to go that far, for the usual numbers of travelling fans, especially with expectations of our performance so low
They have had plenty time to save up for it and I don't agree with the second point as it's not as if the Irish fans expect to get out their Group.Their is 20k in Poland and would have been 10k in Ukraine.
Is that just plucked out the air? Surely nothing to base it on?
Other factors - It's only 2 years since South Africa. It's 10 years since Ireland went to a tournament.
Despite lower expectations our expectations are still higher than Ireland's. It is easier to plan to go to a tournament when you know you will be coming back. England numbers will increase as each game goes by as if fans can only afford a finite number of games/days out there then people want to be there at the business end of things.
A lot of England fans follow their clubs too so have tickets and travel to pay for throughout the season. Most Ireland fans just have to buy a Liverpool or Man U shirt don't they?
Not denying it's poor numbers but it'll grow and there are plenty of reasons for Ireland taking more than us to not be a shock.
Touched a nerve here.
I'd be pretty certain if Ireland meet England in the quarter finals in Ukraine (big if as both look like going home early) then Ireland would have more fans, not bad for a Country with a population of 1/10 of Englands.That is with Englands 5k Hardcore already based there.
1 Trip for an Irish Man U/Liverpool fan to a Home game would pay for a Season Ticket and a few away Games for your Scunthorpe/Stockport fans so that arguement doesn't hold.
Football isn't even the countrys most popular Sport.
Even Sweden had far bigger numbers tonight than England.
Really haven't touched a nerve. Not something that bothers me. I'm not at the game so I'm not bothered who else is. Just think that people make out Ireland fans have made some super human effort that nobody else is possible of.
Wondered if the 10k in Ukraine was just a number plucked from the air or if it was based on something like number of tickets purchased before groups were drawn.
I'd be pretty certain that if Ireland went to a tournament more than once every 10 years there numbers would decrease.
I'm not saying it's not a brilliant effort but 30,000 people turned up to see the olympic torch in Cheltenham because it was a once in a lifetime event. It's going to sound arrogant but England have been to a lot more tournaments recently and are probably shorter odds to qualify for the next few.
South Africa, Ukraine, Brazil will test a few wallets.
Not sure the Ireland Man U/Liverpool fans = Lower league England fans thing stacks up either. I think England beat Ireland in "£ per fan spent on football by fans attending major tournaments in last 10 years" but no way of finding out.
Snowball

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 11, 2012, 11:09:11 PM »

You can't use a tournament that happened 10 years ago as an excuse and remember they consistently take massive numbers to qualifiers.
The fact you fail to recoqnise is that England population-55m Ireland 5, more than ten times.
One excuse I can offer you is that im sure Rte didn't show a scaremongering programme like panarama did which must have taken a couple of thousand off those swithering to go or not.
Tho the English seem to have an agenda against Fifa because they didn't get their World Cup bid.
Winging Poms as the Aussies would say.
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 11, 2012, 11:24:59 PM »

Agree with Snowball here on the numbers, the Irish blatantly have the support of the tourney so far other than the home nations, ainec, and it was the same in Korea imo, but the "touched a nerve" "whinging poms" "agenda against Fifa" stuff all sounds a bit bitter tbh.

FWIW it's nothing to do with England not winning the bid, it's the nations that did win. I'm pretty sure there's not a footballing nation in the world that think Qatar is a good host-nation choice, other than Qatar that is. It's pretty unanimous racism/violence are not uncommon in Poland/Ukraine (the Dutch had abuse in a training session ffs - Russian fans seriously injured 4 Ukrainian stewards, we've not even played half of round 1 yet... I won't even go into the whole former PM, political prisoner, human rights issues) and this therefore brings that decision into question. Don't even get me started on Russia. It's the most bent country in the world right now.

But then of course it's easier to just take swipe at the whinging English.
Josedinho

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 11, 2012, 11:58:29 PM »

No doubting they have the best support of the tournament in quality and in numbers. I appreciate the difference in population but still think the host nation was a bigger factor than you made out.

Snowball said that England fans have had a long time to save up for it. Ireland have had 5 times longer. Personally feel he's got this the wrong way round as I think fans whack these on their credit cards and then work to pay it off.
Football fans in general aren't balling out of control. Think it's perfectly valid that if this is the first tournament you've gone to in 10 years you're more likely to be able to afford it than if you went to South Africa 2 years ago. That's not taking into account factors like family and work - again much easier to do less frequently.

Oh and we took shit loads of fans to Euro 96.
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2012, 02:30:52 AM »

Was impressed today by england i thought france were gonna kick us into touch today but a good performance and somthing to build on gota get past though blasted swedes now!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 15, 2012, 07:57:44 PM »

Bump....
C'mon ENGLAND

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 15, 2012, 07:58:21 PM »

Atmosphere already better than our last game! Swedish Crowd are up for it

smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 15, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »

Atmosphere already better than our last game! Swedish Crowd are up for it
Sky reckon they have over 20k and we have under 5k

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 15, 2012, 08:24:21 PM »

Wiiiiiiii

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 15, 2012, 08:25:02 PM »

Come on

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 28 Go Up Print 
« previous next »