blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 11, 2024, 03:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272674 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: Aledkanny
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Issues Arising from Staking
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issues Arising from Staking  (Read 82376 times)
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2012, 09:30:20 PM »

The problem with point 1 is dealing with someone who isn't financially savvy.

I once bought a share in someone who took the money in cash and went down to his local Post Office to change it up.

Obviously the nut worst way of changing money.

It was like giving up nearly 10% of the bink.

then by all means ask for the €s or advise him how to do it better?

Christopher Brammer
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2012, 09:31:07 PM »

whilst he probably doesnt care his opinion holds no value in staking threads anymore with his conduct there. He was possibly right in regards to guy but bring it up elsewhere.

not at all. infact not even close.

How can the market regulate itself if a tonne of people don't know what they are talking about and those that do cant speak up.

imo with regards to OP point 1 should be answered by player trying to get the best deal for himself which in turn gets the best deal for stakers. I wouldn't invest in someone if I didn't already assume this was the case. point 2 the tipping should come completely out of the players money, given that wsop events etc have money taken out now I see no reason what so ever to tip, it's not like the tip will ever go to anyone who did their job well anyway.

edit fwiw pads I loled out loud at you suggesting the 100r/cube whatever it was. in general that's a super awful value comp
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2012, 09:40:45 PM »

1. shouldn't be on the horse to swallow exchange rates

2. staker shouldn't have to tip anything if they do not wish to

I totally agreed with keys . I don't mind them tips the dealers and shared it with my staking.
Also if the exchange rate different , I am not really bother as long as he players kept on
winning . #ThatsTheMainPoint
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2012, 09:49:10 PM »

I totally agreed with keys . I don't mind them tips the dealers and shared it with my staking.
Also if the exchange rate different , I am not really bother as long as he players kept on
That's Brammer tho Frankie . He just nicks James run good picture

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
NigDawG

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2012, 09:52:12 PM »

That's Brammer tho Frankie . He just nicks James run good picture

it's actually in honour of him after he won the aussie millions

Christopher Brammer
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2012, 09:54:33 PM »

Keys appeared massively out of lone in the Dreenie tread and whilst e probably doesnt care his opinion holds no value in staking threads anymore with his conduct there. He was possibly right in regards to guy but bring it up elsewhere.

I actually think tipping for massages is a lot more reasonable than tipping. Usually the comps take a % out for themselves ak tipping would be a huge nono. We were treat like shit in Marbella and I think Alex/Petes donation showed that. Maybe next year they will be more tolerant of us.

Massages though could really be a no difference between pay jumps, it can be a huge part of being relaxed and optimising performance, perhaps this should be though about in the mark up price. If I bought at 1.1 off somebody then I'd maybe feel sifferebt than somebody who I bought off at 1.6 although it really shouldn't make a difference of course.

I just want to point out one more thing regarding markups. Generally good players will be a lot writer at making deals and getting the nut outcome, should probably be factored
In to some extent regarding Mu even if very small.

Pretty big leap from bringing something up in the wrong place to someones (clearly very correct and well informed) opinion holding no value anymore imo.

Also I'd be amazed if you can one other person that thinks getting massages and charging them to a backer is more reasonable than chopping what is given as a tip
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2012, 10:13:54 PM »

whilst he probably doesnt care his opinion holds no value in staking threads anymore with his conduct there. He was possibly right in regards to guy but bring it up elsewhere.

How can the market regulate itself if a tonne of people don't know what they are talking about and those that do cant speak up.

imo with regards to OP point 1 should be answered by player trying to get the best deal for himself which in turn gets the best deal for stakers. I wouldn't invest in someone if I didn't already assume this was the case. point 2 the tipping should come completely out of the players money, given that wsop events etc have money taken out now I see no reason what so ever to tip, it's not like the tip will ever go to anyone who did their job well anyway.

edit fwiw pads I loled out loud at you suggesting the 100r/cube whatever it was. in general that's a super awful value comp

Did you read the thread met? He said dreenies op was excellent and then when questioned it said t was because she's a decent player and his biggest fan. Guy was simply staying on topic and questioning keys reason for saying the op was execellent. Now if a prospective buyer really respects keys which they probably should as he is a tremendous player and right on 95% of topics but on staking he is judging it on how much he likes the person then people may buy because oh we'll keys said.

Usually he's pretty spot on dgmw.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2012, 10:18:05 PM »

Keys appeared massively out of lone in the Dreenie tread and whilst e probably doesnt care his opinion holds no value in staking threads anymore with his conduct there. He was possibly right in regards to guy but bring it up elsewhere.

I actually think tipping for massages is a lot more reasonable than tipping. Usually the comps take a % out for themselves ak tipping would be a huge nono. We were treat like shit in Marbella and I think Alex/Petes donation showed that. Maybe next year they will be more tolerant of us.

Massages though could really be a no difference between pay jumps, it can be a huge part of being relaxed and optimising performance, perhaps this should be though about in the mark up price. If I bought at 1.1 off somebody then I'd maybe feel sifferebt than somebody who I bought off at 1.6 although it really shouldn't make a difference of course.

I just want to point out one more thing regarding markups. Generally good players will be a lot writer at making deals and getting the nut outcome, should probably be factored
In to some extent regarding Mu even if very small.

Pretty big leap from bringing something up in the wrong place to someones (clearly very correct and well informed) opinion holding no value anymore imo.

Also I'd be amazed if you can one other person that thinks getting massages and charging them to a backer is more reasonable than chopping what is given as a tip

Have you actually read the thread? Or did someone just bash Pleno on Skype and link? Because if you read it proper you would realise its definitely not me brining something up in wrong place.

I was replying to Adams post. Once I've grammar checked after posting on the iPhone, takes considerably longer than you'd imagine, there had been a bunch of posts however again of you'd impartially read the thread you would had realised this.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2012, 10:21:02 PM »

Wording could probably be improved though.

Keys opinion will nOw unfortunately hold a fraction of value as it should for sOmebody with such experience in staking, bother as a buyer and a seller after his comments and justifications in dreenies thread.

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2012, 10:23:10 PM »

Did you read the thread met? He said dreenies op was excellent and then when questioned it said t was because she's a decent player and his biggest fan. Guy was simply staying on topic and questioning keys reason for saying the op was execellent. Now if a prospective buyer really respects keys which they probably should as he is a tremendous player and right on 95% of topics but on staking he is judging it on how much he likes the person then people may buy because oh we'll keys said.

Usually he's pretty spot on dgmw.

lol

1) Some posts are tongue in cheek.

2) saying an OP is good doesn't say the stake is a good value one just that the minimum information is there

3) do you really think Guys posts were unbiased?

4) how much is Keys paid to emulate Cos on the staking board?

5) honestly how many people do you think could provide a more knowledgeable opinion than Keys with regards to staking?

I only went and read Dreenies thread because of someone mentioning these shenanigans. then I saw your post here, trying to claim his opinion is invalid is just really really dumb (like Antoine dumb).
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2012, 10:25:10 PM »

The solution to a lot of it is to write better staking threads Smiley  It is always easier to sort things out pre-event than post-event.

For those that don't know me, I'm not super-active in buying pieces because I prefer to have players on long term backing deals than taking one-off punts on the big events, but suffice to say I am plenty familiar with staking online, less so live.

1.  I am going to play the $10k event at xyz, shares available at no markup.  Either $$ pre-trip, or $$ at venue, or 1.05 markup for £/Stars and I will take the hit/profit on converting it for you.  On my return where I (for the sake of maths) win $10k, you can arrange to collect your $$ from me at the venue, in person at home, or else I will be happy to follow your instruction (within reason) whereby I effectively put $$ in to the banking system to your spec and you get the ££ that comes out the other end.  OR "anyone that wants £ I will attempt to swap with Flushy wholesale at the venue"

2. Tips are a no-no.  Firstly I can't think of a tourny where they don't (?) withhold for tips.  But it is obviously an easy area for someone to skim a couple of % off, claiming it was a tip and trousering it.  If you intend to tip, advertise your % in the staking thread and people can price it in.

Massages etc are redic.  Put them in your staking thread pre and see how you get on.  On day 5, when you start telling your backers that unless you have an all-day massage you can't continue is bending them over.  You might as well mention that you need your own personal chef to serve you at the table and add the hookers and blow for necessary relaxation.  "Hey, I'm doing this for you guys... "

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2012, 10:28:09 PM »

I think both are fine within reason.  Backer gets whatever exchange rate the horse gets after transaction fees, but it may be wise to send a pm if you think someone may be taking 100k to the post office.  I don't think anybody should moan too much if somebody gives a 1% tip.  I wouldn't expect them to contact everyone first, it seems too nitty to me.

As an aside on the exchange thing.  The cheapest way would be to excange at spot with somebody on the side, but if someone binked 200k or so, who takes the risk of them carrying that money around assuming they don't have a US dollar account?  There is clearly a non zero robbery risk, but also a non zero scam risk from the horse, and a non zero risk the personthe horse does the spot transfer with scams the horse. 

I don't know the answer, or is the answer simply make them get a us dollar account if they bink large?

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2012, 10:31:25 PM »

reallly tilts me when people go overseas to play poker tournaments, cash, owe people %'s and then whale off exchanging the money.

IMO, if you're experienced enough to be playing these tournaments then you should be able to complete a simple exercise of not getting totally fucked by the EX rate. If you have no clue at all about these things (as many people haven't) then you should ask someone who knows about it. There are LOADS of people like this on blonde, i think it's basically inexcusable to be selling action on blonde and gettng hit big with EX rate + charges.  If i've bought action in you and I'd be able to sort it and lose .75% then i feel pretty cheated when someone else does it and loses 3%.

Also, LOL at massages...that reminds me Tikay you had a share of me in the $5k plo, was feeling kinda tense the night before so had a few hookers round, cost me $2k so you owe me $100 (at 1.2 mu) $120, bank transfer if you can ty

titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2012, 10:32:59 PM »

what's the best technique when staking to allow for/not have someone shafted by fluctuating exchange rates?

Dave can you pls confirm I don't have to pay hooker markup or i'm out for future stakes. thanks.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2012, 10:34:26 PM »

As an aside on the exchange thing.  The cheapest way would be to excange at spot with somebody on the side, but if someone binked 200k or so, who takes the risk of them carrying that money around assuming they don't have a US dollar account?  There is clearly a non zero robbery risk, but also a non zero scam risk from the horse, and a non zero risk the personthe horse does the spot transfer with scams the horse. 

I don't know the answer, or is the answer simply make them get a us dollar account if they bink large?

Good point r.e the robbery.

Also US$ accounts aren't a quick/simple thing to set up and if you're opening one thats based outside the US or offshore you need to be there to fill forms etc.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 39 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: