blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 04, 2024, 10:42:07 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272883 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Issues Arising from Staking
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 39 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Issues Arising from Staking  (Read 83082 times)
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2012, 11:00:05 PM »

Keys appeared massively out of lone in the Dreenie tread and whilst e probably doesnt care his opinion holds no value in staking threads anymore with his conduct there. He was possibly right in regards to guy but bring it up elsewhere.

I actually think tipping for massages is a lot more reasonable than tipping. Usually the comps take a % out for themselves ak tipping would be a huge nono. We were treat like shit in Marbella and I think Alex/Petes donation showed that. Maybe next year they will be more tolerant of us.

Massages though could really be a no difference between pay jumps, it can be a huge part of being relaxed and optimising performance, perhaps this should be though about in the mark up price. If I bought at 1.1 off somebody then I'd maybe feel sifferebt than somebody who I bought off at 1.6 although it really shouldn't make a difference of course.

I just want to point out one more thing regarding markups. Generally good players will be a lot writer at making deals and getting the nut outcome, should probably be factored
In to some extent regarding Mu even if very small.

Pretty big leap from bringing something up in the wrong place to someones (clearly very correct and well informed) opinion holding no value anymore imo.

Also I'd be amazed if you can one other person that thinks getting massages and charging them to a backer is more reasonable than chopping what is given as a tip

Have you actually read the thread? Or did someone just bash Pleno on Skype and link? Because if you read it proper you would realise its definitely not me brining something up in wrong place.

I was replying to Adams post. Once I've grammar checked after posting on the iPhone, takes considerably longer than you'd imagine, there had been a bunch of posts however again of you'd impartially read the thread you would had realised this.

Have you actually read my post?

The first line of your post infers that Keys' bringing something up in the wrong place makes his opinion on staking in valid when the two aren't related at all and basically I just think thats a pretty stupid comment. Contrary to what you probably believe, I've not spoken about you to Keys at all it's really not in the forefront of my mind whatsoever. Im 100% impartial and not sure why you would think otherwise.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2012, 11:01:43 PM »

Obv. Off topic but is there a reason my iPhone tellers are so bad? I mean I don't have fat thumbs, in very experienced technically and def not a noob but fail so so mich?

Z

no the auto correct is ridic tilting.

even when you delete re-enter like 3 times in a row it still auto changes and it's easy to miss.

I'd still buy your hooker action dave, was just trying to get reduced markup obv :p

edit pleno I get why thought his posts were pants, just think it's ridic to then de-value his posts so much. he's not got the most cuddly online persona but it doesn't invalidate his input.

Yes I was wrong. Apologies to keys. And kisses to stato

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2012, 11:13:25 PM »

The solution to a lot of it is to write better staking threads Smiley  It is always easier to sort things out pre-event than post-event.

this.

I think we should either just flame the shit out of every staking request until people get the idea or failing that have everyone use the same template.

Good point about tips, most of the time I see the staker's ending up paying for this.

rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:45 PM »

Keys appeared massively out of lone in the Dreenie tread and whilst e probably doesnt care his opinion holds no value in staking threads anymore with his conduct there. He was possibly right in regards to guy but bring it up elsewhere.

I actually think tipping for massages is a lot more reasonable than tipping. Usually the comps take a % out for themselves ak tipping would be a huge nono. We were treat like shit in Marbella and I think Alex/Petes donation showed that. Maybe next year they will be more tolerant of us.

Massages though could really be a no difference between pay jumps, it can be a huge part of being relaxed and optimising performance, perhaps this should be though about in the mark up price. If I bought at 1.1 off somebody then I'd maybe feel sifferebt than somebody who I bought off at 1.6 although it really shouldn't make a difference of course.

I just want to point out one more thing regarding markups. Generally good players will be a lot writer at making deals and getting the nut outcome, should probably be factored

Pretty big leap from bringing something up in the wrong place to someones (clearly very correct and well informed) opinion holding no value anymore imo.

Also I'd be amazed if you can one other person that thinks getting massages and charging them to a backer is more reasonable than chopping what is given as a tip

Have you actually read the thread? Or did someone just bash Pleno on Skype and link? Because if you read it proper you would realise its definitely not me brining something up in wrong place.

I was replying to Adams post. Once I've grammar checked after posting on the iPhone, takes considerably longer than you'd imagine, there had been a bunch of posts however again of you'd impartially read the thread you would had realised this.

The first line of your post infers that Keys' bringing something up in the wrong place makes his opinion on staking in valid when the two aren't related at all and basically I just think thats a pretty stupid comment. Contrary to what you probably believe, I've not spoken about you to Keys at all it's really not in the forefront of my mind whatsoever. Im 100% impartial and not sure why you would think otherwise.

Read key's post and tell me he isn't in the wrong? Noone has highlighted it at all apart from someone who appears bias. I want a moderator who is unbiased. Key's buys and sells too much action for this in my opinion and whilst I can see he's done a great job, I've been a little scared to post, worried I'll be ripped apart, is that what the marketplace should be like?

This sounds really harsh, and I doubt key's will care too much, but something had to be said

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
skolsuper

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2012, 11:21:23 PM »

Read key's post and tell me he isn't in the wrong? Noone has highlighted it at all apart from someone who appears bias. I want a moderator who is unbiased. Key's buys and sells too much action for this in my opinion and whilst I can see he's done a great job, I've been a little scared to post, worried I'll be ripped apart, is that what the marketplace should be like?

This sounds really harsh, and I doubt key's will care too much, but something had to be said

I just wanted to be nice to dreenie Sad
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2012, 11:33:42 PM »

Problem is if your nice to her and mean to others it can be misconstrued. Harsh policeman role suits your online persona. Cuddles all around. Blonde's been super tilting lately with little things getting to people. Sort it out lads!! Xox

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2012, 11:35:57 PM »

I have read it and don't really see anything wrong in the content whatsoever.

What I've posted here though has absolutely nothing to do with the content of any post though.
smashedagain
moderator of moderators

if you are gonna kiss arse you have to do it right

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 18, 2012, 12:27:39 AM »

As an aside on the exchange thing.  The cheapest way would be to excange at spot with somebody on the side, but if someone binked 200k or so, who takes the risk of them carrying that money around assuming they don't have a US dollar account?  There is clearly a non zero robbery risk, but also a non zero scam risk from the horse, and a non zero risk the personthe horse does the spot transfer with scams the horse. 

I don't know the answer, or is the answer simply make them get a us dollar account if they bink large?

Good point r.e the robbery.

Also US$ accounts aren't a quick/simple thing to set up and if you're opening one thats based outside the US or offshore you need to be there to fill forms etc.

I have $ and € accounts at Barclays but still lose shit loads in xchange. Lost 20k once in Moroccan dirham once

[ ] ept title
[ ] wpt title
[ ] wsop braclet
[X] mickey mouse hoodies
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: July 18, 2012, 01:05:47 AM »

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 18, 2012, 02:33:30 AM »

In the 'True ROI of Players' thread Lil Dave describes piece taking in tournaments as 'a punt' and I quite agree with that. There are a myriad of factors which need to align in order for the staking to be rendered a success. Variance in every hand, reliability and integrity of the horse, stake cancelled due to juicy cash game/being pissed up, good exchange rate, massages & tips, buying back hot action. I mean a lot of stuff needs to go right for the backer to make jackpot money in a one off, so it is absolutely a punt. And I don't reckon putting up OPR of online winnings gives great certainty about what will happen in a couple of multi day live events; but admittedly it helps somewhat.

Anyway, Blonde Staking Board is a free market where if you want to be a horse you have a captive audience of would be backers to pitch your punt to. Every member has an equal right to utilise that tool for their own benefit. A place where owners and mods have a laissez-faire approach themselves. So imo it is wholly inappropriate for ordinary members to take it upon themselves to critique what a punt should represent to others, esp in a live staking thread. It is a free market which should evolve without any management. Posting that player x is a bad punt with bad behaviour and attitude and is a losing player really damages that player's potential to be staked. It wouldn't be so bad if equal vigour was voiced across the board. I don't know why railtard gets kind words and outragous gets a kick in the bollocks but it seems weird and would influence neutrals.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2012, 02:46:48 AM »

Its a minefield out there Mantis.

Probably best steer clear really

Oh wait...

Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2012, 09:06:46 AM »

If the player is ever gonna take the hit on the exchange rate they should just pay the backer in foreign currency and let them sort it out themselves.

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 18, 2012, 09:25:14 AM »

In the 'True ROI of Players' thread Lil Dave describes piece taking in tournaments as 'a punt' and I quite agree with that. There are a myriad of factors which need to align in order for the staking to be rendered a success. Variance in every hand, reliability and integrity of the horse, stake cancelled due to juicy cash game/being pissed up, good exchange rate, massages & tips, buying back hot action. I mean a lot of stuff needs to go right for the backer to make jackpot money in a one off, so it is absolutely a punt. And I don't reckon putting up OPR of online winnings gives great certainty about what will happen in a couple of multi day live events; but admittedly it helps somewhat.

Anyway, Blonde Staking Board is a free market where if you want to be a horse you have a captive audience of would be backers to pitch your punt to. Every member has an equal right to utilise that tool for their own benefit. A place where owners and mods have a laissez-faire approach themselves. So imo it is wholly inappropriate for ordinary members to take it upon themselves to critique what a punt should represent to others, esp in a live staking thread. It is a free market which should evolve without any management. Posting that player x is a bad punt with bad behaviour and attitude and is a losing player really damages that player's potential to be staked. It wouldn't be so bad if equal vigour was voiced across the board. I don't know why railtard gets kind words and outragous gets a kick in the bollocks but it seems weird and would influence neutrals.

Mantis for staking mod

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
julian

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: July 18, 2012, 09:36:48 AM »

tipping is old school & the only places i would now tip are my local (dtd) & possibly places like luton where i know many of the staff.

in the past you tipped, it went in the TDs pocket & you pretty much had no idea where it went...i look back & lol at the lack of transparency in these situations.

when pete binked in marbella recently i urged him not to tip; the organisers now usually take a % for staff as well as a reg fee & is was comical to see various floor staff cosy up to players as the big money loomed.

so yeah, if i scoop the ME next year glgl harrahs trying to get a $ out of me.

#tightisright
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 18, 2012, 10:06:47 AM »

Agree exchange rate losses should be swallowed by both parties but also that backers are right to feel aggrieved if the horse goes to the post office to change the $.

When Keith and Keys backed me they were always happy for me to tip what I felt right and share that too.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 39 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: