blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 02:13:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Post bust-out handshakes
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post bust-out handshakes  (Read 25298 times)
AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2012, 03:50:28 PM »

When you get lucky against someone I think it just compounds the situation and adds more fuel to the fire of pain. Last Friday night I saw a Dtd reg quite embarrassed because he got lucky. Instead of saying  sorry he congratulated his opponent on well she had played and deserved better the way she played the hand. She just replied "yeah whatever" and flounced off

So he effectively said that he feels sorry for her situation. Nothing up with that, a sporting and gentlemanly gesture. She has every right to bemoan her luck, but she could always show a bit of class at the same time.

One of the first things I learnt about poker is you shouldn't be results orientated...yet itt I am reading how lots of players feel the need to apologise to other players for the result??

Just plain 'unlucky' is fine. But nah, I don't want anyone feeling sorry for my situation. My situation is I just lost a hand of poker and will just shrug it off like a big boy. I bet you would shrug it off like a big boy too. So if we both know the score why are we apologising to each other about the result? We both know the result of this single hand is inconsequential in the scheme of things and we have both been sucked out on many times. So in fact her reply 'yeah whatever' and flouncing off is just fine and normal behaviour.

I remember a guy apologising to me when his AK beat my JJ...yeah I suppose that was quite unlucky for me as it goes.

Sorry about empathising with others.

I know how you feel.

That's not empathy Smiley
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 22, 2012, 05:02:26 PM »

When you get lucky against someone I think it just compounds the situation and adds more fuel to the fire of pain. Last Friday night I saw a Dtd reg quite embarrassed because he got lucky. Instead of saying  sorry he congratulated his opponent on well she had played and deserved better the way she played the hand. She just replied "yeah whatever" and flounced off

So he effectively said that he feels sorry for her situation. Nothing up with that, a sporting and gentlemanly gesture. She has every right to bemoan her luck, but she could always show a bit of class at the same time.

One of the first things I learnt about poker is you shouldn't be results orientated...yet itt I am reading how lots of players feel the need to apologise to other players for the result??

Just plain 'unlucky' is fine. But nah, I don't want anyone feeling sorry for my situation. My situation is I just lost a hand of poker and will just shrug it off like a big boy. I bet you would shrug it off like a big boy too. So if we both know the score why are we apologising to each other about the result? We both know the result of this single hand is inconsequential in the scheme of things and we have both been sucked out on many times. So in fact her reply 'yeah whatever' and flouncing off is just fine and normal behaviour.

I remember a guy apologising to me when his AK beat my JJ...yeah I suppose that was quite unlucky for me as it goes.

In everyday life empathising with others comes easily to me but I find it's not necessary to bring that attribute to a card table. I want to bust your ass and will take it any way it comes. Sure, say unlucky if that is true but empathy really isn't required when playing a game. Oh my, it looks like you've landed on Park Lane which I own and it's got like 3 hotels on it as well. But before we move on can I offer my apologies and say I empathise with such a cruel roll of the dice. Oh it appears you can't pay so it's gg but please shake my hand and accept my apologies again. Nah, seems like a rubdown or something.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #182 on: August 22, 2012, 06:36:25 PM »

I know how you feel.

That's not empathy Smiley

I know what you mean.

The older I get, the better I was.
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: August 22, 2012, 06:39:07 PM »

If I imagine what a sweet tastes like to someone else, is that M&empathy?

AlunB

View Profile WWW
« Reply #184 on: August 22, 2012, 06:41:03 PM »

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 22, 2012, 07:39:59 PM »

If you had been imagining what Stan's sweet tasted like it might have been eminempathy.

I'm here all week btw...

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 22, 2012, 07:50:26 PM »

If you had been imagining what Stan's sweet tasted like it might have been eminempathy.

I'm here all week btw...

If you keep imagining what other people are imagining what other people are imagining and so on forever and ever what the sweet tasted like, it'll be ad infinitempathy.

You. Are. Welcome.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
RED-DOG
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #187 on: August 22, 2012, 08:03:27 PM »

That would be exemplaryemathy.

Lucky

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2012, 12:05:19 AM »

That would be exemplaryemathy.

Smartie.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2012, 12:15:06 AM »

Most of the table agreeing that Tiffany Michelle shouldn't eat chips with her hands at the poker table:

George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2012, 12:20:41 AM »

Classy lady:

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2012, 12:24:02 AM »

Lol George. Just outside 5 mins from her name being mentioned before that clip gets dropped. Fabulous. And way quicker than I.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2012, 07:55:35 AM »

I'm here all week btw...

Not that it really mathers

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tight4better

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2012, 12:25:45 PM »

Classy lady:

Didn't she host for a poker news programme? Seem to remember she got a lot of stick for this.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2012, 01:49:41 PM »

I'm here all week btw...

Not that it really mathers

Who made you marshall?

Ah! The element of surprise
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: