blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 08:05:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  Post bust-out handshakes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Post bust-out handshakes  (Read 25232 times)
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2012, 11:16:33 PM »

U think its the height of bad manners when sum1 says sorry?

They aren't really sorry, are they?

So why say it?

Waste of breath that can only piss off the loser even more.

lol u bas - you said sorry to me!
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2012, 11:18:29 PM »

Sorry does tilt people because its disingenuous, you don't mean it. Fair better to just say unlucky mate if your going to say anything at all.

Why say anything at all?

Just stack your chips, and let the loser decide if he wants to talk.

Get it quietly.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2012, 11:22:37 PM »

Sorry does tilt people because its disingenuous, you don't mean it. Fair better to just say unlucky mate if your going to say anything at all.

Why say anything at all?

Get it quietly.

Yeah but some people have to open their gobs, they just can't help it (I know I used to), just giving them the lesser of 2 evils if they have to.
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2012, 11:25:40 PM »

Why say anything at all?

Get it quietly.

Yeah but some people have to open their gobs, they just can't help it (I know I used to), just giving them the lesser of 2 evils if they have to.

If you have to speak:

Unlucky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> good game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sorry

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2012, 11:36:50 PM »

Why say anything at all?

Get it quietly.

If you have to speak:

Unlucky >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> good game >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sorry

lol Camel you def said sorry to me when you crippled me in Amsterdam - maybe it was due to the uncomfortable minute it took me to lose my remaining 1.5 antes.....

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2012, 11:38:57 PM »

Why say anything at all?

Get it quietly.

If you have to speak:

lol Camel you def said sorry to me when you crippled me in Amsterdam - maybe it was due to the uncomfortable minute it took me to lose my remaining 1.5 antes.....

If it was in Amsterdam I cannot be held responsible for anything I say or do Smiley

(How long ago was this? If I was inexperienced I might have said it, certainly can't believe I've said it in the last 10 years)

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2012, 11:45:17 PM »

Why say anything at all?

Get it quietly.

If you have to speak:

If it was in Amsterdam I cannot be held responsible for anything I say or do Smiley

(How long ago was this? If I was inexperienced I might have said it, certainly can't believe I've said it in the last 10 years)

2005 or 2006 in one of the side events?  I had AJ on the button you had A5 in the BB.  The board was all raggy you picked up a straight draw on the turn and hit your 5 on the river.

errrrr I only vaguely remember the details

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 20, 2012, 11:49:57 PM »

Why say anything at all?

Get it quietly.

If you have to speak:

2005 or 2006 in one of the side events?  I had AJ on the button you had A5 in the BB.  The board was all raggy you picked up a straight draw on the turn and hit your 5 on the river.

errrrr I only vaguely remember the details

The only time I ever remember playing against you was in Copenhagen I think.

Don't remember this hand for sure. But i was definitely out of order if I apologised without it being part of a conversation.

Maybe you said something like "How can you call there with Ace five?"

"I'm just a bad player, I'm sorry".

Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2012, 01:29:03 AM »

I've definitely always been one for trying to get away as quick as possible. I'm sure I must have come across as rude by doing this at times but in that 30 seconds or so as you bust it's just so painful. I've tried to get better at it but it's tough

Have had a couple of Hevad Kahn's who've wanted to shake my hand after they've regained their composure and have declined but apart from that I'll accept if they want it but very rarely (almost never) offer it - a simple good luck all does the job for me

At the GPS final the other week, everyone seemed to want to shake hands when I busted. I went with it but wanted to get away (you know that most are celebrating on the inside when someone busts so there is something disingenuous about it which is why I prefer not to). I remember the guys at the other end of the table were trying to come round to shake hands too and it was all taking a bit too long so I just acknowledged them and said good luck. I did make sure I went back later to shake their hand just in case they thought I was rude. Prefer to lose (and hopefully win sometimes) as quietly as possible

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2012, 02:25:49 AM »

Nah, I don't like the shaking of hands much either. I also don't like it when people tell you to put their chips to good use.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2012, 02:45:15 AM »

I've had quite a few instances where people have won HUGE pots of me in cash games and offered the handshake afterwards.

MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2012, 03:09:34 AM »

I think it's up to the person who has been knocked out to offer to shake hands if he wishes as a way of saying fair dues, no hard feelings, etc. The one who knocked him out can hardly state 'no hard feelings' as he has won the other person's chips. One guy who I play with regularly makes a habit of shoving his hand into your face more-or-less demanding a handshake as soon as the river is dealt in his favour, which I find extremely rude. I haven't refused him so far, but I am going to have a word with him about doing it.

I saw a handshake refused a while ago in the Gunwharf Grosvenor. With 5 of us left on the FT, one guy got busted and another one, who wasn't in the hand, was clapping and cheering and, in almost the same breath, turned to the bustee and said "unlucky mate" and held out his hand, to be told "I'm not shaking your hand - you just cheered cos I was knocked out", which I thought was fair enough.
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 21, 2012, 03:11:12 AM »

Think that you're all missing a very salient point.  Considering  the increasing number of people that I witness in general, that fail to wash their hands after using a public toilet, I definitely do NOT want to shake anyone's hand.  Win OR lose.
You're handling the same chips and cards, so your hands are already as dirty as those disgusting players who don't wash their hands, which is why I use a knife and fork to eat a sandwich when I'm playing poker.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 21, 2012, 03:57:51 AM »

only time you should ever shake somebodies hand is if you beat them HU and the tournament is over, or if you have a heated argument on the table and realise you have both gone too far.

imo.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:05 AM »

I use my handshake like the kiss of death, when i offer it i want the person dead.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 14 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: